At last... and the shop at home website also ships items to CANADA as well... at last!!!

http://shop.lego.com...questid=2670671

I spoke with a dude at the Toronto Lego shop this morning. He tells me the original release date for this wave was August (at least for Canada?) but that they decided to sell them earlier, and the 23rd was the official website release. For that particular Lego location (Sherway Gardens) they aren't on shelves yet but he said likely tomorrow.

He also said that some shops in the area got theirs early and were allowed to put them out last week... let the Canadian sightings begin.

I'd jump at the chance to order those kits online, but I'm wary of being dinged by customs fees on arrival. Has anyone been dinged on this board from those shipments, north of the border? Or does that site include sales tax?

My TRU in Nanuet has everything except Gungan Sub. I picked up the Sand Skiff.

Nanuet!!!! I am living in Suffern. Excited to see that they got them in but will prob buy from the palisades lego shop.

Edited by jmagaletta

Nanuet!!!! I am living in Suffern. Excited to see that they got them in but will prob buy from the palisades lego shop.

Im a sucker for Boba Fett so I couldn't wait. Im waiting for black friday or a BOGO50% off at TRU before I get Jabba's Palace. I'm hoping TRU gets the Haunted House then I will get both, hopefulyl BOGO 50% off.

Barnes and Noble has 30% off on some 2011 sets. Of note are the Republic Frigate and Sith Infiltrator. Also they have the 2012 sets at discounted prices 10% off. For instance the Sith Fury Class is marked as 82.75.

Edited by jmagaletta

Anyone notice the Jar Jar Binks key chain is going for $.98 on S@H? :tongue:

I don't really care for him, but anyone who wants to expand their Gungun army...

Some great LSW offers on Amazon UK including 7965 Millennium Falcon at only £85.39 and 7962 Anakin's & Sebulbas Podarcer's at £47.25. Be sure to check the full list here.

I have a MISB 10188 that I am/was going to wait to open and build because I want to see how much the price will jump to once it hits EOL.......but man is this thing ever going to get discontinued??? It sells well still I guess but how good can it really sell at its ridiculous retail price?? I'm in the same boat with the UCS imperial shuttle. Any thoughts???

This discussion would be better suited for the Star Wars forum, therefore I will be moving it shortly.

This discussion would be better suited for the Star Wars forum, therefore I will be moving it shortly.

my apologies, I am new to this whole forum thing, thank you for your patience!

my apologies, I am new to this whole forum thing, thank you for your patience!

No harm done! :sweet:

I have a MISB 10188 that I am/was going to wait to open and build because I want to see how much the price will jump to once it hits EOL.......but man is this thing ever going to get discontinued??? It sells well still I guess but how good can it really sell at its ridiculous retail price?? I'm in the same boat with the UCS imperial shuttle. Any thoughts???

I asked the same question about 18 months ago and 10188 is still going strong! Only Lego can really determine when a set will reach EOL, we can only guess and my guess would be that the Death Star will be available for a lot longer than the Imperial Shuttle.

Lego S@H (UK) has Palpatine's Arrest 9526 available for £59.99, it almost seems quite reasonable for 645 parts! (link here)

It will come to an end on Dec 21, 2012. That won't do you any good though, since everything else will end then too. You might as well open it and enjoy it now while you can. If you want an investment, try gold silver or stocks.

Even when the Death Star gets discontinued, it's had a long enough run that those who want it have probably got it already.

Most things that become valuable when they run out are usually hard to get or are of a limited run. Here the Death Star has been going for a good number of years and is readily accessible on Lego's site and in Lego's stores. Sure, when it goes, you'll probably find alot of them on auction sites for twice retail, but those will hardly (or never) move. The same is true without alot of Lego stuff I see that is supposed to be "valuable" but is really just based on an inflated sense of mark-up.

As this is discussion of the availability of a set, it belongs in "Star Wars Sets Anyone?". Merging...

...and done.

It will come to an end on Dec 21, 2012. That won't do you any good though, since everything else will end then too. You might as well open it and enjoy it now while you can. If you want an investment, try gold silver or stocks.

:laugh:

While at Target last week, nothing. Yesterday, everything but the Old Republic set. Best of all, NO mark up! :grin: I may have to start doing my LSW shopping over at Target. Oh, and that's Northern California Targets.

Even when the Death Star gets discontinued, it's had a long enough run that those who want it have probably got it already.

Well... I must respectfully disagree. It's an expensive set, and speaking for myself I've wanted it ever since it was announced, yet I've never been able to afford it. I'm sure I'm not the only such person on the planet.

I'm aware it's been around for over two years now, and probably won't be around all that much longer, so I very much intend to try to snag one in the not-too-distant future, but it's going to be tough, and I just don't know whether I'll manage it or not. I'd bet there's any number of other people in the same boat.

I was looking on Ebay tonight and discovered 2 separate listings for set 10212 that said this said was discontinued. I have not seen any proof that this is true. Ebayers just trying to scam maybe???

Edited by stephen_rockefeller