Black Falcon

21348 Lego Ideas Dungeons & Dragons and D&D CMF

26 minutes ago, Arjo said:

The dwarf cleric in the set doesn’t have mid-legs, does he? In the render for the cmf, only one seems to have midlegs (the one with antlers). I wonder why that is vs. Rivendell for ex.

Both dwarves have mid-legs (i.e., the cleric in the set and the barbarian in the CMF), whereas the halfling druid in the CMF and the gnome fighter in the set both have short legs. It’s all consistent :thumbup:

Different franchise but it's also consistent with Rivendell where Gimli and the other dwarf (obviously Gloin even if they don't acknowledge it) have mid legs and the 5 hobbits have short legs.

So the release of the set has me dipping my toes into the d&d universe and I’ve come across recently released (for free) starter campaign pdfs. Granted the one with TLG collaboration is also free to download but I don’t think WoTC have charged them anything for it. Surely the number of vip points they want for it far exceeds the printing cost incurred which is not a classy move. That being said, seeing the BL prices for it and that of the mimic gwp, clearly some are undeterred! It actually led me to use my vip points and buy the set with the hope I will eventually sell the mimic to make it a much better value proposition. Shame as I like it but I don’t value it as much as others it seems.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Where? 

Its available in the Insiders Rewards center for 0pts.

It's the Dungeons & Dragons Digital Booklet Download.

Edited by karrit

17 hours ago, Arjo said:

So the release of the set has me dipping my toes into the d&d universe and I’ve come across recently released (for free) starter campaign pdfs. Granted the one with TLG collaboration is also free to download but I don’t think WoTC have charged them anything for it. Surely the number of vip points they want for it far exceeds the printing cost incurred which is not a classy move. 

They also charge more than the manufacturing costs for sets, whether that is real money or the monetary value of VIP points. 

17 hours ago, Arjo said:

So the release of the set has me dipping my toes into the d&d universe and I’ve come across recently released (for free) starter campaign pdfs. Granted the one with TLG collaboration is also free to download but I don’t think WoTC have charged them anything for it. Surely the number of vip points they want for it far exceeds the printing cost incurred which is not a classy move. 

Which would be the same for all the books you can buy. And honestly I don´t really see the issue here, since they give you an option to download it for free. 

All well and good, now bring on the cmfs!

9 hours ago, Arjo said:

All well and good, now bring on the cmfs!

I don’t care about D&D since I have no knowledge about it. But I’m looking forward for a baby dragon in that CMF!

On 4/20/2024 at 5:17 AM, karrit said:

Its available in the Insiders Rewards center for 0pts.

It's the Dungeons & Dragons Digital Booklet Download.

Apparently you can download it from D&D Beyond also

If you are interested in WHAT an actual LEGO D&D game might look like, I happen to be running my own HOMEBREW campaign as we speak. For the sake of the videos, I cut out most of the "behind the scenes" D&D talk. I think this series can help LEGO fans kinda see what D&D is all about. Thanks for watching.