Black Falcon

21348 Lego Ideas Dungeons & Dragons and D&D CMF

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

This fig is from the set.  Are you getting the set and all the CMF's?  Yeah that castle is nice in BDP I voted for it.  

I'm sure it has an alternate face like most of the cmf's do

Looks also to have a border on the shield.  I can't tell the color of the horse but it looks dark.  

fig looks great.  Can't wait to see both the set and the figs.  Better pics of the set should come next month.  

I'm definitely getting the set, I've followed it's creation (and its creator) for a few years now. I probably will pick up most of the CMFs but only to customize and create my own characters. I hope that castle becomes real it's stunning! 

23 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

I'm definitely getting the set, I've followed it's creation (and its creator) for a few years now. I probably will pick up most of the CMFs but only to customize and create my own characters. I hope that castle becomes real it's stunning! 

Yeah I'm going to get all the CMF's keep one set original then get as many extras as I can for customization.  I am also getting the DnD set.  The Forestmen set on BDP is also very nice.  

Just now, zoth33 said:

Yeah I'm going to get all the CMF's keep one set original then get as many extras as I can for customization.  I am also getting the DnD set.  The Forestmen set on BDP is also very nice.  

I may do the same... Really depends on how good the figures are! Yes that set is absolutely gorgeous! I really want to get it but I'm a big pirate's fan so I simply can not miss out on on the pirate island on BDP this June. It's a touch pick but as you can probably tell by my pfp lego pirates is my favorite :)))

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The CMF series sounds amazing! The only thing that I am disappointed with is that the heads have male and female alternate printing; I would rather get separate heads, so that they are more reusable and we (potentially) get more expressions overall.
Also, it would be nice if the tiefling were red instead of orange, so that the Nexo Knights lava monster pieces can be used with the hair/horns piece (as it will presumably have moulded ears). 

I don't see any ears visible, but its definitely possible they're tucked back or something. The hair looks pretty similar to the RPG character in your signature's hairstyle, but black and with dark orange horns

6 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

I may do the same... Really depends on how good the figures are! Yes that set is absolutely gorgeous! I really want to get it but I'm a big pirate's fan so I simply can not miss out on on the pirate island on BDP this June. It's a touch pick but as you can probably tell by my pfp lego pirates is my favorite :)))

Yeah I kind of figured.  I like pirates also just don't have many sets as my main thing is castle/fantasy.  Ominous Isle does look great, do you know how much it will be?  Did you vote for Hug Island in series 4?  

4 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Yeah I kind of figured.  I like pirates also just don't have many sets as my main thing is castle/fantasy.  Ominous Isle does look great, do you know how much it will be?  Did you vote for Hug Island in series 4?  

I did vote for Hug Island, it looks great! But I think it has very little chances of becoming a set no way they make two pirate islands two series apart. My prediction (and hope) is that ominous isle will be under 300. It has 2800ish pieces iirc so 260-300 would be reasonable. From the 4th series I really hope we get a flaship (the minevra). 10210 is my dream set and I've had a x2 31109 moc as a substitute but it pales in comparison to my pirate fleet haha 

Very nice.  I probably have too many castle sets to get this year including the DnD set, Town Square, Rivendell, possibly Barad Dur this year if I have enough money.  And I still would like to get all of the DnD CMF's and extra's like in the earlier post so it will be an expensive year and If I add the Forestmen hideout from BDP that's a lot of money in total so I will have to see how things pan out.  

14 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

I did vote for Hug Island, it looks great! But I think it has very little chances of becoming a set no way they make two pirate islands two series apart. My prediction (and hope) is that ominous isle will be under 300. It has 2800ish pieces iirc so 260-300 would be reasonable. From the 4th series I really hope we get a flaship (the minevra). 10210 is my dream set and I've had a x2 31109 moc as a substitute but it pales in comparison to my pirate fleet haha 

10 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Very nice.  I probably have too many castle sets to get this year including the DnD set, Town Square, Rivendell, possibly Barad Dur this year if I have enough money.  And I still would like to get all of the DnD CMF's and extra's like in the earlier post so it will be an expensive year and If I add the Forestmen hideout from BDP that's a lot of money in total so I will have to see how things pan out.  

Exactly why I didn't buy the Mountain fortress and will push back buying the town square. Baradur, Ominous Isle, and D&D are my priorities (and probably only sets) this year

6 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

Exactly why I didn't buy the Mountain fortress and will push back buying the town square. Baradur, Ominous Isle, and D&D are my priorities (and probably only sets) this year

Yeah I think DnD and Barad Dur or Rivendell are priorities for me probably Rivendell first as It came out first.  

6 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Yeah I think DnD and Barad Dur or Rivendell are priorities for me probably Rivendell first as It came out first.  

RIvendell is so worth it, most beautiful Lego set of all time!

3 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

RIvendell is so worth it, most beautiful Lego set of all time!

Yeah I'm hoping to get a decent tax return or maybe a bonus from work in March that may help to get Rivendell.  

Why is this thread in Historic instead of Licensed themes? I've been checking for days and only though to use the search bar today, but seems like an odd choice.

Anyway, the set looks great, but unfortunately I don't spend that sort of money on Lego sets so it's a no go unless it goes on deep discount or I get it as a gift (both being rather unfeasible).

On the other hand, while I don't care for all of the choices I'll probably end up getting the full set of the CMF.

9 minutes ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

Why is this thread in Historic instead of Licensed themes? I've been checking for days and only though to use the search bar today, but seems like an odd choice.

I agree, it should be in Licensed themes like The Lord of the Rings.

15 minutes ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

Anyway, the set looks great, but unfortunately I don't spend that sort of money on Lego sets so it's a no go unless it goes on deep discount or I get it as a gift (both being rather unfeasible).

On the other hand, while I don't care for all of the choices I'll probably end up getting the full set of the CMF.

Because other medieval fantasy themes are in this subforum too (including other D&D threads). I do agree that it can be confusing, but on the other hand it really fits better here than there since the Dungeons and Dragons Set and CMF both also will have a big appeal from Castle Fans.

4 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Lord of the Rings is here too ;). The Subforum even especially mentions it.

12 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Because other medieval fantasy themes are in this subforum too (including other D&D threads). I do agree that it can be confusing, but on the other hand it really fits better here than there since the Dungeons and Dragons Set and CMF both also will have a big appeal from Castle Fans.

Lord of the Rings is here too ;). The Subforum even especially mentions it.

Does it fit better here? I get that there may be appeal from fans of non-licensed stuff, but that can be the case for a whole host of things. It’s not like Marvel or Indiana Jones are in the Action/Adventure subforum.

Just now, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

Does it fit better here? I get that there may be appeal from fans of non-licensed stuff, but that can be the case for a whole host of things. It’s not like Marvel or Indiana Jones are in the Action/Adventure subforum.

As I said, other Dungeons and Dragons-Threads are here, so it would be strange when other threads of the Theme are in this subforum while this one would be in Licensed. I have no idea who once made the choice that Lord of the Rings and such are here and not there but there should be a certain amount of consistency. So yes, it does fit better here because of similiar threads are here aswell and I guess if it would have been the wrong place to open it, a Mod would have moved it already. 

But as I wrote before, I can understand that it can be confussing that almost all other licensed threads are in licensed but many of the medieval fantasy based licensed threads are in this subforum. I have to admit I was wondering about it before, but I actually like them all beeing in one place honestly.

57 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

23 minutes ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

They are lumped together with castle/fantasy in this forum.  The Mods decided this awhile ago and here they will stay it's really not worth worrying about.  

15 hours ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

There were Lord of the Rings MOCs long before there were official licensed Lord of the Rings sets.

The beholder on the shield is fun, also I hope there's a gelatinous cube then, maybe in the dungeon behind.

I wonder if the shield and other parts will be included in the set. Hard to tell what the printed tiles even show.

7 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

The beholder on the shield is fun, also I hope there's a gelatinous cube then, maybe in the dungeon behind.

Possible, but then they would need to use something like transparent panels, since I don´t think it would work built out of 2x2 bricks or so.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I assume the reveal is tomorrow then?

Possible, but doesn´t necessarily need to be the case. I wouldn´t mind if they would do though.

Teases usually come a day or two before reveal, so I think a reveal Tuesday or Wednesday would make sense.

I am surprised this is getting teased (and potentially revealed) this month, though. I feel like it's announcement is going to overshadow the Medieval Town Square, since they fill a similar medieval niche for a lot of people. I probably would have waited until after MTS released to show this off... But Lego does reveals at odd times! (See: Animal Crossing)

2 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I wonder if the shield and other parts will be included in the set. Hard to tell what the printed tiles even show.

Possible, but then they would need to use something like transparent panels, since I don´t think it would work built out of 2x2 bricks or so.

I think the printer parts are from the set, I think a build like the Minecraft big slime could work for the gelatinous cube, I made a similar one for my entry to the ideas contest.