Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

67 fracking stickers!!! :(( Thanks Joel, Mark and TLG!
1lxL2Fn.pngx2LzL89.png
i2drXGx.pngzb6LHig.png

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I dunno. Last time they did SS harley quinn they had to put her in a giant set from an unrelated film. 

That said, my want for it to contain some of the DCEU league might be clouding my judgement. We all know if we did get it, it'd include BvS batman and SS Jonkler.

Even with their Joker obsession they are not touching Jared Leto's one, potentially the biggest punching bag in CBM history played by the only DC actor who can Rival Ezra with the amount of shady shit they're involved in with merch of him still clogging up stores to this day. He's like a perfect storm of reasons for LEGO to stay away.

The LEGO Movie set really only makes it more likely they'd do Harley, they decided years after the original film she was popular enough to put in a unrelated set. Though I will reiterate that I do not think there's a chance they do any DCEU sets due to how that's the franchise that put LEGO DC in the hole it's in now

Posted (edited)

67 stickers @R0Sch? Wow, that's got to be a record! EB's resident sticker hater is gonna have a heart attack and / or a stroke when he sees that!

Right, @danth:poke:

(I say this in fun jest. nothing ill meant about it!)

Edited by Murdoch17

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

67 stickers @R0Sch? Wow, that's got to be a record! EB's resident sticker hater is gonna have a heart attack and / or a stroke when he sees that!

(I say this in fun jest. nothing ill meant about it!)

A record? No, it's pretty average for LEGO Technic and Speed Champions nowadays. But boy am I pissed, that those 27 characters could not be printed in a family pack in a 300€ set for adults! I'm sure some controller must have gotten a nice pay-raise, after having this genius cost saving idea of not having to print 2 layers on a bunch of tiles.
It will also look very "Dark Deco"-ish when those Police stickers start to peel off from the curved bricks.  :sarcasm_hmpf:

Edited by R0Sch

59 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Is this what they mean by "sticker shock"?

I have to imagine that Lego assumes anyone buying this is a Batman fan first and a Lego fan tenth, and won't have the righteous hatred of stickers that seasoned Lego fans develop.

Or that they're collectors who won't bother to open the box.

I think Wonder Woman would be more likely to be the extra alongside a DCEU Batman if they did release a Batmobile. She shared much more significant screentime alongside Batman, the movies she was in were more appropriate for general audiences than most of (all of?) Harley's, and Gal's WW was a phenomenon with the first movie. Wondy's only downside is that, unlike Harley, she is a non-Batman character.

But it's not going to happen anyway. At least I think it's more likely that we get UCS versions of the Batmobiles from BTAS, Batman 66, Batman Forever, the BAT, and possibly even Batman & Robin's Batblade before they revisit the DCEU. People need some distance to become nostalgic for that version, if they ever do.

And they can always rerelease the Tumbler with minimal changes again rather than do something new. :P

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They cancelled the only The Flash set they were going to make and retooled it into a Burton set. No, we are not seeing any sets based on The Flash.

I feel like this is a possibility, if we're continuing from getting the 66 Batmobile, TDK tumbler, Burtonmobile, and BTAS mobile in the past 5 years. I wouldn't say we have a high chance of it, just due to how controversial the DCEU has been, but maybe. If we do get it, it'd be based on either BvS or the Josstice league cut though, which is unfortunate. A DCEU Batmobile with Black Suit Supeman and a proper steppenwolf would have been awesome.

BVS is the most iconic one it's from so I'd bet on that, Black suit Superman would be great though.

Maybe even a more detailed Pattinson Batmobile that is more displayable and more detailed for adults rather than the 2022 one although it was good.

An Arkham Knight one would be great but they could just brand it under Batman, It's not like it's too mature like Deadpool or Punisher just a bit more dark and gritty.

If they keep the trend of making and remaking Batmobiles. My personal wish would be a new Tumbler with the batpod built inside which can de attach. Not sure how they’d do it but man would it be amazing 😂

3 hours ago, R0Sch said:

A record? No, it's pretty average for LEGO Technic and Speed Champions nowadays. But boy am I pissed, that those 27 characters could not be printed in a family pack in a 300€ set for adults! I'm sure some controller must have gotten a nice pay-raise, after having this genius cost saving idea of not having to print 2 layers on a bunch of tiles.
It will also look very "Dark Deco"-ish when those Police stickers start to peel off from the curved bricks.  :sarcasm_hmpf:

I'd rather see them in a more three dimensional form than stickers. Seeing them makes me want it more. Really need to start planning on where to put it.

12 hours ago, legoturtle said:

We need 0 Justice League sets

Jog on.

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

BVS is the most iconic one it's from so I'd bet on that, Black suit Superman would be great though.

Maybe even a more detailed Pattinson Batmobile that is more displayable and more detailed for adults rather than the 2022 one although it was good.

An Arkham Knight one would be great but they could just brand it under Batman, It's not like it's too mature like Deadpool or Punisher just a bit more dark and gritty.

I kid you not I thought they were the same vehicle, but you're right, both justice league ones have a Howitzer strapped to the car.

I could easily see 2026 giving us a "premium" Pattmobile alongside a couple other "the batman" sets.

Unfortunately Arkham Knight is TV-MA, and the line for lego seems to be more of the specific rating than more subjective maturity standards. Sad for cases like this, good for cases like Dune.

1 hour ago, DaredevilFan said:

If they keep the trend of making and remaking Batmobiles. My personal wish would be a new Tumbler with the batpod built inside which can de attach. Not sure how they’d do it but man would it be amazing 😂

I feel like this is do-able, albeit with a pretty small/simple Batpod. I had a ninjago set as a kid with a similar premise- it was a car for Kai that could launch the driver's seat off as a motorcycle.

7 hours ago, R0Sch said:

67 fracking stickers!!! :(( Thanks Joel, Mark and TLG!

This feels like DCs equivalent to the Daily Bugle including stickers of Kingpin, classic Electro & big fig Rhino

Like they have to know we want these figures to be made, but they're taunting us

12 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Has anyone found or made a list of all of the character silhouettes in the skyline?

In this picture I see Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, Riddler, Clayface, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, Summer Gleeson, Penguin, Gordon, Montoya, Bullock, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Harley, Ivy, Condiment King, Clock King, Joker, Bane, Killer Croc. Arkham (and possibly other?) buildings are covered, but elsewhere it looks like Mad Hatter, Baby Doll, a third figure (I think someone said Lock-Up?) are all in there.

Is there anyone I'm missing? I'd imagine that Man-Bat is probably here somewhere. And Phantasm should be since the survey leak indicated she was going to be a minifigure. It makes sense that she would be referenced in the set somewhere. 

Also: hopefully Mr. Freeze's silhouette is an indication that the minifigure in the Batmobile will have an accurate dome. I really don't like the spherical helmet for him.

11 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Man-Bat's right next to Mad Hatter actually, and you can add the Ventriloquist and Scarface to the list.

5VWSLEN.png

So the following characters that are featured as stickers have never been made as minifigs :

Scarface

The Ventroloquist

Babydoll

In addition, Clayface has featured as a brick built figure but not as a minifig.

2 hours ago, hikouki said:

So the following characters that are featured as stickers have never been made as minifigs :

Scarface

The Ventroloquist

Babydoll

In addition, Clayface has featured as a brick built figure but not as a minifig.

Plus Lock-Up for villains, then Montoya, Bullock, and Summer for supporting characters. They aren't likely, but the Orient Express has a torso which looks like Summer if anyone cared enough to make her.

2 hours ago, legoturtle said:

We don't need Baby Doll

I need Baby Doll!! I need her badly!! ...OK, not badly , but still! Why can't you just speak for yourself?

27 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

And that is exactly why Lego will make her before a new Robin.

I doubt Lego will handle her minifigure. It's hard enough to do. I mean, it's hard to recreate her as a minifigure 

7 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Maybe? BUT still Mad Hatter is more interesting.

This is your worst take by far

On 3/9/2024 at 12:58 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Though I'm surprised we haven't had an Arkham yet, something like this:

Arkham Asylum ($499.99): large Arkham compound consisting of a front gate, central building, and two wings ending in watchtowers. The central building contains an entry room, prisoner property room, Psychiatrist's office, and guard armory. Above the rafters there is a small, hidden area for Batman to use for surveillance. Each wing has a roughly identical design, containing 7 normal cells, an environmentally controlled cell, two larger, more reinforced cells, and a watchtower. (For a total of 20 cells). Also includes a police car and prison van. Comes with Batman, Robin (Damian Wayne), Commissioner Gordon, 4x Arkham Guard, Harleen Quinzel, Hugo Strange, Aaron Cash, Joker (prison jumpsuit), Poison Ivy (prison jumpsuit), Male Inmate (face print implying it's zsaz), Female Inmate (face print implying it's Talia), Riddler (prison jumpsuit, bowler hat included), Two-Face (prison jumpsuit), Killer Croc (bigfig), Bane, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, Ra's Al Ghul, Firefly, Deadshot, Killer Moth, and Hush.

This sounds amazing! there's an Arkham moc on Rebrickable that looks cool but the inside is a bit basic. but all the different sections like the Psychiatrist's office sounds great and lots of cells is needed i have the 2013 one and unless you stick joker in mr freezes cell it cant contain all the villains that come with the set. 
don't think talia would be in arkham though...
probably we would get around 15-20 minifigs max so maybe a bit unrealistic. and a few of them would be reuse. 

So how many sets can we actually expect for Superman next year. And how much will they pale in comparison to Brave and Bold sets (if DC is even still a theme at that point)

33 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

So how many sets can we actually expect for Superman next year. And how much will they pale in comparison to Brave and Bold sets (if DC is even still a theme at that point)

Given the batman was delayed, we've got a potential for a few sets. Maybe something like (The set builds are going off three things- the cast list, the assumption that some form of the justice league will exist since there's like 6 heroes confirmed, and my assumption that Lex won't be in an openly villainous role yet.)

Option 1: The Batman level coverage:

Superman Returns ($17.99): ATM and a bank wall with a function to launch the atm off the wall as if it's been blasted off. Includes 2 bank robbers with Engineer tech (re-used parts), and Superman (new torso and face prints-consistant across all three sets)

Daily Planet attack ($37.99): Daily bugle office build with exploding wall function, as well as a quick-change function for superman. Comes with Superman, Lois Lane, Clark Kent, and The Engineer.

The Javelin ($84.99): Javelin jet with Superman, Mr. Terrific, Guy Gardner, Hawkgirl, and The Engineer.

Option 2: limited coverage:

Superman vs the Engineer ($17.99): Superman, the engineer, some rubble, and some sort of mech or technological extension for the engineer.

Javelin attack ($37.99): Small Javelin with Superman, Mr. Terrific, Guy Gardner, and the engineer.

Option 3: Loose tie-in:

Superman Vs Lex Luthor Mech ($37.99): Lex Luthor mech, roughly the size of a construction figure. Comes with Superman (new head and torso prints), Lex Luthor (new torso print), Lois Lane (Completely re-used prints)

Right now I do think we'll get SOMETHING, but I suppose it's also always possible we don't get a single set.

38 minutes ago, cehnot said:

All I see is 67 options for future mocs. 

Yup! I can understand preferring prints to stickers-and I do-, but stickers are better than nothing, and did anyone really think we'd get 67 more new prints in that set?

Ideal scenario for me would be a similar level of coverage to what Multiverse of Madness got. One regular set for retailers to tie in with the movie's release and a D2C modular building based on the Daily Planet.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Given the batman was delayed, we've got a potential for a few sets. Maybe something like (The set builds are going off three things- the cast list, the assumption that some form of the justice league will exist since there's like 6 heroes confirmed, and my assumption that Lex won't be in an openly villainous role yet.)

Option 1: The Batman level coverage:

Superman Returns ($17.99): ATM and a bank wall with a function to launch the atm off the wall as if it's been blasted off. Includes 2 bank robbers with Engineer tech (re-used parts), and Superman (new torso and face prints-consistant across all three sets)

Daily Planet attack ($37.99): Daily bugle office build with exploding wall function, as well as a quick-change function for superman. Comes with Superman, Lois Lane, Clark Kent, and The Engineer.

The Javelin ($84.99): Javelin jet with Superman, Mr. Terrific, Guy Gardner, Hawkgirl, and The Engineer.

Option 2: limited coverage:

Superman vs the Engineer ($17.99): Superman, the engineer, some rubble, and some sort of mech or technological extension for the engineer.

Javelin attack ($37.99): Small Javelin with Superman, Mr. Terrific, Guy Gardner, and the engineer.

Option 3: Loose tie-in:

Superman Vs Lex Luthor Mech ($37.99): Lex Luthor mech, roughly the size of a construction figure. Comes with Superman (new head and torso prints), Lex Luthor (new torso print), Lois Lane (Completely re-used prints)

Right now I do think we'll get SOMETHING, but I suppose it's also always possible we don't get a single set.

Yup! I can understand preferring prints to stickers-and I do-, but stickers are better than nothing, and did anyone really think we'd get 67 more new prints in that set?

you forget, loose tie in, needs a Batman!