Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

The new leaked jungle animals could have a lot of synergy with the Disney theme. The tiger can easily work as Jasmine's pet tiger Rajah (he's not fierce looking enough to work as Shere Khan imo). The gorilla could be Kerchak from Tarzan and the baby gorilla could help populate that world. Now if only we could get Tarzan's Treehouse.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The new leaked jungle animals could have a lot of synergy with the Disney theme. The tiger can easily work as Jasmine's pet tiger Rajah (he's not fierce looking enough to work as Shere Khan imo). The gorilla could be Kerchak from Tarzan and the baby gorilla could help populate that world. Now if only we could get Tarzan's Treehouse.

My first thought at seeing them. I know Tarzan is fairy easy to make out of official pieces but is Jane as easy? 

59 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

My first thought at seeing them. I know Tarzan is fairy easy to make out of official pieces but is Jane as easy? 

Yes and no. It depends on how accurate you'd like your Jane to be. If you google Lego Jane Disney, you'll see people's different mocs. A lot of them use plain yellow pieces. I haven't found one so far that looks like it could be an official Jane minifig unlike with Tarzan who is a lot more simple to make.

If there was a female torso wearing a plain white tank top, it would be possible to make Jane in her sarong outfit she wears during Strangers Like Me. 

Hi. Which sets for this year we don't know yet? I think only 43236 and 43248, but I'm not sure if I have lost track. 

When should we start seeing images for the inside out set? I think it was coming in May, or was it June?

1 hour ago, Aramar said:

When should we start seeing images for the inside out set? I think it was coming in May, or was it June?

May 1st, which means we could see it any day now.

For example, all the May Star Wars sets have leaked recently.

I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to double check - are the Disney Princess Lego Storybooks a thing of the past (except for the remaining stock of the Little Mermaid and Peter Pan books)? 

I audibly laughed when I saw the Joy minidoll in the new Inside Out set. They just gave all the way up on that design lol.

Posted (edited)

It looks exactly like I thought it would but was not expecting minidolls. Odd choice to give Anxiety over Sadness and with 2 random memory workers but oh well. It's a pass from me but I feel like the Ideas set may be the real last time we get minifigures for the foreseeable future (unless those get changed as well)

Edited by OttoRiver

I see we're going the Sesame Street route and sticking minifig heads on BB-8 bodies to beef up the minifig count then, eh?

I personally think that Joy looks pretty good as a minidoll. That being said, it's still a minidoll, and I don't need any cubes, so I'm not getting the set. Maybe I'll get Joy at some point down the road if I can find her for dirt cheap, but I'm not going to loose sleep over it. 

Definitely not interested in minidolls. I'm not really an Inside Out fan anyway so this doesn't bother me.

However, the set itself doesn't look very appealing. I can't imagine this will be a bestseller with children. 

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Definitely not interested in minidolls. I'm not really an Inside Out fan anyway so this doesn't bother me.

However, the set itself doesn't look very appealing. I can't imagine this will be a bestseller with children. 

I'm an Inside Out fan and I've always thought there were plenty of adults who appreciated the movie more than kids.

Set overall looks a bit confused. The main characters are minidolls, with two minifig associates. The build itself is for adults?

Thanks Lego, I'll be saving some money since I'm not buying the Inside Out minidoll set.

2 hours ago, hikouki said:

I'm an Inside Out fan and I've always thought there were plenty of adults who appreciated the movie more than kids.

Set overall looks a bit confused. The main characters are minidolls, with two minifig associates. The build itself is for adults?

This is my thinking on why they opted for minidolls. It's not a classic Disney/Pixar property like The Incredibles or Toy Story. It's still less than a decade old so there's not much nostalgia for it where young adults who grew up with it as children would want to buy it as a collectors item. Also this sequel is centered around a teenage girl dealing with puberty. Most of the central emotions are female as well. Lego must have felt that this film and potential sets would have the most appeal for young girls in the tween/teen age, in which case, the demographic overlaps with the Friends line and minidolls are the choice for that particular demographic.

In other words, Lego feels this is a newer property so its being geared towards kids rather than young adults relying on nostalgia.

But the comments I'm seeing online are just as confused about the actual set content beyond just the minidolls. Many are saying it looks like a shelfwarmer.

While I like the concept and execution of the set, I don‘t collect minidoll sets so this is a pass for me :shrug_oh_well: Too bad!

I might be wrong, but this has to be the first Disney minidoll set outside the Princess line, right?

I can see what they were going for up but I think I’ll pass as well. It’s a shame because there I think was a member on this forum who designed a really nice Ideas set which just missed the 10k mark but was a lot better than this.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While I like the concept and execution of the set, I don‘t collect minidoll sets so this is a pass for me :shrug_oh_well: Too bad!

I might be wrong, but this has to be the first Disney minidoll set outside the Princess line, right?

I think the Encanto sets hold that distinction, but this is the first Pixar film to have minidolls outside the Princess Line as only Merida had been done before.

I think I'm the only one who enjoys this set? Maybe i agree the build itself was kind of boring, but Joy looks amazing! Anxiety also looks perfect? Like both characters are so good. Also the build is kind of cute. If they couldn't produce all the characters, making art like images of them on the side of these cubes works well to depict them and keep their spirit alive while reducing the cost of new moulds. I actually can't wait to pick this one up, especially knowing it'll probably go on clearance since no one seems to want it. 

Also I agree those City Gorillas were practically made for Tarzan.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

I think I'm the only one who enjoys this set? Maybe i agree the build itself was kind of boring, but Joy looks amazing! Anxiety also looks perfect? Like both characters are so good. Also the build is kind of cute. If they couldn't produce all the characters, making art like images of them on the side of these cubes works well to depict them and keep their spirit alive while reducing the cost of new moulds. I actually can't wait to pick this one up, especially knowing it'll probably go on clearance since no one seems to want it. 

Also I agree those City Gorillas were practically made for Tarzan.

I actually really like it too! It's not one I would buy for myself, but I have a daughter who turns 10 this summer and I know she will love this.

And while I generally prefer minifigures, I actually think Joy works really well as a minidoll!

The saddest thing about the new set is the lack of sadness (Only Lego could make this sentence to make sense haha)

4 hours ago, Aramar said:

The saddest thing about the new set is the lack of sadness (Only Lego could make this sentence to make sense haha)

This set has Joy and Anxiety and many other things in between.

LOL

While I think the set itself is quite well-built and coherent...

Who is this even for? Like genuinely, why would anyone buy this? It's targeted towards kids, but it doesn't really have any play features. It acts as a light display piece, but I'm not sure if weird cubes are a good core idea for a display set.

It doesn't even feel targeted towards Inside Out or Pixar fans. The minidolls are a turn-off to 97% of adult fans, while the kids won't find the lack of characters or play features particularly appealing.

On 3/27/2024 at 6:46 AM, Agent 86 said:

I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to double check - are the Disney Princess Lego Storybooks a thing of the past (except for the remaining stock of the Little Mermaid and Peter Pan books)? 

I hope not :-/ My daughters love them. But I was pretty sure we will get an Storybook for Wish and... not :-(