Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, Yaxley said:

76439 - Madame Malkin and Olivander shops

Not impossible I think. It would be similar to last year Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes having the same price, but less pieces (834 versus 744, but it's true that WWW has a lot of small pieces for the interior objects). And probably two better sized shops, considering Ollivanders isn't as big as WWW (the Owl Post in WWW set was, in my opinion, nearly ridicolous).

Assuming this is the set, what the characters should be? Ollivander, of course, and probably Harry and Hagrid considering this is the only scene within the wand shop. And Madam Malkin likely. But these are only 4 minifigures, while WWW had 7 minifigures... ok, Madam Malkins could have mannequins, but I think Draco could also appear as a reference to the book... even if the giant surprise would be seeing Narcissa with him.

Well, I imagine that we have to wait a little more to know something more about summer sets.

7 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

And probably two better sized shops, considering Ollivanders isn't as big as WWW (the Owl Post in WWW set was, in my opinion, nearly ridicolous).

When I first saw the set, I was inclined to agree with your assessment of the Owl Post, but the more I looked at the source material, the better the rendition sat. It's basically nothing but a (vertical) booth at the shopping centre. An extra story would have better echoed some of the artwork for shops in the books & co., but I can't say I particularly wanted to pay for it either... lol. The shops were either wider or taller and narrower. For me, the narrow shops in those drawings added to the whimsy of the street and emphasised the different operating parameters a magical proprietor might have vis-à-vis a Muggle. Consider it, the customers needn't enter the OP at all, and with the aid of magic to clean the owls' nests, not even the postmaster is required to visit the upper floors. The owls have the place to themselves; I find the notion fun.  

The one that bothers me more is the Magical Menagerie in the Gringotts set, which is absurd in size and has more obvious inventory that could / should have been included than the OP by far. And unlike the OP, the MM is a shop where the customer would need to browse. Or was Crooks Reducioed? The store undetectably extended? Neither feels satisfactory in explanation.

As for Ollivanders and Malkins in the set this summer... I think they're a tough combo for the price, looking at recent rates. If they stick with the canonical designs, which might be the first casualty, I'd say the absolute narrowest the builds can be are 12 and 16 studs, 16 and 16 are more likely (any more and you may as well stick to the 20 stud width of the D2C version), and both have a solid 2 story front. Budgetwise, it has to be easier to swing that width with the sloped roofs in Hogsmeade. As you mentioned, just see the microfootprint (6x6) of the Owl Post that counterbalances w3's size for the price point. You'd save some from reducing a bit of the height of w3, but it was only 14 (or 16, depends how you count the window) studs wide to begin with. How do you claw back more for Ollivander or Malkins? Or any of the other stores, for that matter? (Serious question as to the design. I'd like to hear people's thoughts. Are they more likely to deviate from the material and shrink the window / door count, or add stores we didn't see in the sets that are narrower? Or maybe sell only the occasional storefront? Has that been done outside of a movie set?)

The other issue is while I do believe there's a market for a more accessible DA, I also think there's a market for a DA2 D2C, potentially even a DA3, and I think that's going to be difficult for them not to cannibalise that market the more substantial the DA-lite sets become. How do we think they find that balance? Or is it ultimately just a question of offering fewer builds in total and staggering the time of sale? For example, W3, the Leaky, and maybe Ollivanders? Maybe Borgin and Burkes if we're fortunate. (Although that one they could combine with Phalanges, because like OP, we haven't a real interior there, so a show window would do nicely.) 

Do you think there is a chance to get further Diagon Alley Sets in style of the D2C versions?
I would still really love the leaky cauldron or madam malkins

5 hours ago, Axxe90 said:

Do you think there is a chance to get further Diagon Alley Sets in style of the D2C versions?
I would still really love the leaky cauldron or madam malkins

I would rather see this, more DA sets that go with the D2C versions rather than more DA sets that match up with the playline WWW.

The Leaky Cauldron would be great to get the entrance to Diagon Alley and Madam Malkins to get the book accurate version of when Harry met Draco.

19 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Oh yes, I forgot Peeves. I’m pretty sure he’s made an appearance in most of the various video games over the years - the one sticking point is that his appearance tends to vary so wildly that there’d be a serious question of which should be used. Personally, I favor the Hogwarts Mystery design because it’s fairly similar to the old Pottermore artwork and thus feels like some sort of continuity. I particularly like the long belled hat, since Peeves having a hat is one of the few concrete things we know about his appearance. Wizards Unite Peeves pushed that hat a little farther and has a full on jester’s hat while keeping the same color scheme. I’ve definitely got mixed feelings about Hogwarts Legacy Peeves, he mixes things up with the color scheme and having a top hat, but part of that change is giving him a more human skin tone - which works alright in a game where he’s flying around and such, but might confuse kids in a minifig lineup. The bluish tint he has in previous incarnations makes it more obvious he’s a supernatural entity to the casual observer. At the moment, I think Wizards Unite Peeves is the closest to what you could do with current molds (since Legacy Peeves features fluffy blue hair under his top hat that the current molds couldn’t accommodate), but at the end of the day I suspect any poor lego designer trying to finalize their minifigure would be at the mercy of whatever WB decided they want to push. 

He's generally got blue skin in most versions so that's another reason to skip the Hogwarts Legacy version where, frankly, he looks too much like the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. The cut Rik Mayall version from the first movie is a little too plain in design for my taste so I hope any minifigure wouldn't reflect that. The Jim Kay illustrated editions of the books feature Peeves as well but he's very creepy looking and resembles the Penguin from Tim Burton's Batman. So I agree with you that if we do get a Peeves minifigure again, I hope they'd go with the Hogwarts Mystery or Wizards Unite versions. The Hogwarts Mystery version looks closer to what I would imagine him to resemble though as the Wizards Unite version is a little too human looking for my taste.

On 1/12/2024 at 10:43 AM, BrickMatit said:

[…], but I think Draco could also appear as a reference to the book... even if the giant surprise would be seeing Narcissa with him.

The potential of this set idea has drastically increased :oh: I wasn‘t exactly thrilled with this rumour (if it can even be classified as such as no established leakers have acknowledged it yet), but this changes things a bit!

If this set is real and does come with Narcissa, I will welcome it with open arms! :sweet:

Iirc, Narcissa was onscreen in the neighbourhood of 8 minutes. Anyone know how many outfits she had?

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Iirc, Narcissa was onscreen in the neighbourhood of 8 minutes. Anyone know how many outfits she had?

I don't know that, but I do know we saw 'Olivanders' in another scene, were Harry, Ron and Hermione are in the shop in HP6, when it is destroyed by deatheaters. The can give is those outfits if they are nice. We only have Ron from that scene, because he came in the recent WWW-set.

49 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

I don't know that, but I do know we saw 'Olivanders' in another scene, were Harry, Ron and Hermione are in the shop in HP6, when it is destroyed by deatheaters. The can give is those outfits if they are nice. We only have Ron from that scene, because he came in the recent WWW-set.

Now that you mention it, we still need BoH Ron. Any ideas for a set he could appear in?

11 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Now that you mention it, we still need BoH Ron. Any ideas for a set he could appear in?

Besides another Battle of Hogwarts set, I think the only other set he could appear in is the Hogs’ Head. 

12 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Five, I think:

She wears a long coat in Spinner's End when Snape makes the Unbreakable Vow. 

A shorter coat and skirt when she visits Borgin and Burke's with Draco. 

A black dress at the Malfoy Manor meeting. 

A velvet(?) black dress in the Malfoy Manor battle. 

Death Eater-like robes at the Battle of Hogwarts. 

10 hours ago, RODDY said:

Besides another Battle of Hogwarts set, I think the only other set he could appear in is the Hogs’ Head. 

That's a great idea!I hope they do that.

I tend to think of it more in terms of the sign up (or FB). Maybe they could split the scene between OotP and DH (like they did with the 2018 Great Hall PS and CoS) to give them a broader character selection. 

@Seaber, you rule. Great eye, even better memory (or link collection). Wow. 😮

Edited by krimimimi

22 hours ago, krimimimi said:

That's a great idea!I hope they do that.

I tend to think of it more in terms of the sign up (or FB). Maybe they could split the scene between OotP and DH (like they did with the 2018 Great Hall PS and CoS) to give them a broader character selection. 

@Seaber, you rule. Great eye, even better memory (or link collection). Wow. 😮

Haha no problem, I have most of the adults costumes sorted, but I still need to check all the students which will be a massive job 😁

On 1/12/2024 at 7:59 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Do you have a source for that? Sounds realistic, but still :tongue:

Falconbricks has now confirmed 76439 Ollivander's Wand Shop and Madam Malkin's Robes. :classic: Yaxley also posts rarely, but so far appears reliable which is a refreshing change.

I hope we get a new Ollivander. I loved the horrified expression in the mini DA and the newer one from big DA just felt ruined when every DA person got the same torso. 

Edited by BacktoBricks

26 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Falconbricks has now confirmed 76439 Ollivander's Wand Shop and Madam Malkin's Robes. :classic: Yaxley also posts rarely, but so far appears reliable which is a refreshing change.

Fateful_lego also confirms it, who seems to be reliable given that other leakers follow them :shrug_oh_well:

A new/updated Ollivander is pretty much a given, but I wonder who else we can expect to be included here. Best case by far is Narcissa as previously mentioned, but I’m not getting my hopes up just yet :snicker: 

Not surprised in the slightest. It’s a very obvious building to do, at least before QQS or the bookstore. I’m still not sure if I really need these when I already have the DA. The builds are definitely worse but the new figures and side buildings are nice to have. Glad to see this confirmed but it felt like a bit of a given that we’d get another playscale DA building. Hopefully we’ll get news about the rest of the sets soon. 

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A new/updated Ollivander is pretty much a given, but I wonder who else we can expect to be included here. Best case by far is Narcissa as previously mentioned, but I’m not getting my hopes up just yet :snicker: 

I don't know if we will necessarily get a new Ollivander seeing as DA Fred and George were reuses weren't they? (I think they swapped their names around :laugh:). I really hope we do though. I'd say maybe Madam Malkin herself seeing as we got the Owl Post Worker in WWW. I don't know if they have a representation of her in the theme park or not. And then it's whether they go for Harry's first DA visit in which case I'd say we'd get litte Harry, Hagrid, Draco, Madam Malkin, maybe a couple of students for her shop and a couple of random DA patrons maybe. But if they decide to go a bit darker and do HBP then maybe Harry, Hermione (we got Ron in WWW), Narcissa, Draco, Fenrir and then Malkin and a student customer?

My prediction (assuming it's Year 1 based) for the minifigure selection would still be:

• Harry Potter
  • Hagrid
  • Ollivander
  • Madam Malkin (Magic Awakened design?  I'm not sure what else LEGO would reference)
  • Draco Malfoy (to reference the book and provide another customer for the shops)
  • 2-3 mannequins
Edited by spiderfan2000

14 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

But if they decide to go a bit darker and do HBP then maybe Harry, Hermione (we got Ron in WWW), Narcissa, Draco, Fenrir and then Malkin and a student customer?

Your point is interesting. In this case, however, Ollivanders shop should be empty and destroyed.

Of course your character roster would be no doubt interesting even if a bit out of focus I believe: it would be more logic to see Narcissa, Draco and Fenrir and HPB Harry, Hermione and Ron in a Knockturn Alley based set. In Half-Blood Prince Draco and Narcissa just appear for a second near Ollivanders. Basically Ollivanders would have nearly no play utility in the set.

And I don't see LEGO creating an intact & damaged Ollivander with the scene of the Death Eaters attack.

I'm more inclined to believe that it will be based on Philosopher Stone scene, with Ollivander, Harry and Hagrid. Madam Malkin's could have the shop owner (has she ever appeared in some form?) and Draco. Then you can add two further minifigures like random students, random wizard and witches to reach the WWW same number of minifigures. I suggested it in a past comment, but I would be really surprised seeing Narcissa in this set.

The inclusion of Madam Malkin’s is rather exciting in my opinion. The proprietress is an obvious choice of minifig and she’s rather notable as being on the list of characters who made an appearance in the books but never the movies. And I’ve never hidden the fact that I love it when lego manages to sneak book content into the sets. And I’m curious to see which other characters flesh out the rest of the line up in this set. Assuming a similar number of characters to last year Diagon playset - we could easily see repeats of Harry and Hagrid, an Ollivander who may or may not be updated, Madam Makin, Draco with Narcissa, and a seventh character (be it Lucius or somebody random). I can see that being a pretty popular set. 

4 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The inclusion of Madam Malkin’s is rather exciting in my opinion. The proprietress is an obvious choice of minifig and she’s rather notable as being on the list of characters who made an appearance in the books but never the movies. And I’ve never hidden the fact that I love it when lego manages to sneak book content into the sets.

Totally agree. While it's true there are movies characters missing yet, I wouldn't be disappointed with book references sneaking here and there.

50 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

2-3 mannequins

Would mannequins count as minifigures? Diagon Alley was described by LEGO as a set with 14 minifigures and there were 14 minifigures plus 2 Quidditch mannequins.

While Madame Malkin would be nice to have, I‘d rather they focus on actual film characters! :tongue: If Narcissa isn‘t included, there aren‘t many other options except for random students or DA patrons

50 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Would mannequins count as minifigures? Diagon Alley was described by LEGO as a set with 14 minifigures and there were 14 minifigures plus 2 Quidditch mannequins.

17 (14 + 2 + 1). They count as minifigs as far as their budget goes, but their marketing doesnät count them as such, which is probably a missed trick as the Silencio box contents and mannequins drive the price up without "counting" for them. (You see the same in Rivendell, advertised with 15 minifigs, but also contains 6 uncounted statues.) brinklink, brickset and co. for obvious reasons count them. My impression is the designers split the difference there in terms of inclusions, but it will be much easier to say that of a smaller set.

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

Your point is interesting. In this case, however, Ollivanders shop should be empty and destroyed.

[...] Madam Malkin's could have the shop owner (has she ever appeared in some form?)

They can cover more than one film in a set. The 2020 DA covered scenes from PS (Harry getting his wand) and CoS (F&B encounter with the Malfoys), but also included the w3 which hadn't opened until HBP. 

We have not seen her yet, so I see this as a treat. 😃

Edited by krimimimi

I've read somewhere (I do not know where, sorry) that all shops in the movies had an owner cast for it. Thus we saw Florean Fortescue  in the 2020 DA. That should mean that there was someone cast as Madam Malkin and that LEGO could have that info somewhere. 

Watching the DA scenes from the movies I can only come up with this pic, wich is in front of Madam Malkins (left):

94e818bb46cab14d07dea924476edcdd.jpg

The two lady's could be costumers and the lady with the hat could be Madam Malkin.

1 hour ago, mark1991t said:

I've read somewhere (I do not know where, sorry) that all shops in the movies had an owner cast for it. Thus we saw Florean Fortescue  in the 2020 DA. That should mean that there was someone cast as Madam Malkin and that LEGO could have that info somewhere. 

I've not heard of this, it would be good to find a source for this :classic: I have collected all I can about the various extras and crew members who doubled as shopkeepers (like Fortesque):

QQS(man on the right):

_20200825_133019

Flourish and Blotts (two for this shop):

_20200825_133034

_20200825_135325

Wiseacres (Bald man in a robe can be seen in the doorway):

Screenshot_20200829-142946

There may well be others I've not come across yet, like Malkin. 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

I've not heard of this, it would be good to find a source for this :classic: 

I'm searching. I think it was a book with behind the scenes. I have a few.

Edited by mark1991t
forgot the word 'book'.