Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Lego shop says June 1st for all the sets at least here in the states

Extra images show a close up of the decorated ingredients jars in the potions set which is nice, and that the Pepperpot building swings open with a brrom inside and has a hidden door in the dungeons for Quirrell to escape... no photo of the courtyard interior still so I'm guessing it's very dull 😁

4 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

To be honest I think it is meant to be taken apart and forgotten ^^'

Thats probably the most disappointing point of the great hall, you gotta take out the hufflepuff common room and basically forget sbout it, no where else you coulf put it

8 hours ago, brickbride said:

Do you mean the Durmstrang ship? While there hasn’t been one for a while, there was one in 2005. We’ve actually had one more recently than we’ve had a Troll on the loose!

The Durmstrang ship looks great – not my area of collection, but it does look great. Bonus points for making the carriage smaller in order to save on parts, and for giving Maxime proper legs. I’m fed up with all those minifigs that you cannot pose in HP. (The Great Hall is very bad about this, again, with all the skirt pieces and short legs.)

I agree the long legs make a wonderful variant for Maxime. Wow did not know we had this ship before, and more recently than the troll! But for the troll and ship to be produced it is certainly the first we saw them in the reboot of this license. Still , even if it’s not the very first time ever, it feels fresh and for that I am very excited! Just don’t need 3 Great Halls so really hope there’s a cheaper way to get that troll. Pick a brick mayhaps… but that may be asking for too much lol.

11 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I agree the long legs make a wonderful variant for Maxime. Wow did not know we had this ship before, and more recently than the troll! But for the troll and ship to be produced it is certainly the first we saw them in the reboot of this license. Still , even if it’s not the very first time ever, it feels fresh and for that I am very excited! Just don’t need 3 Great Halls so really hope there’s a cheaper way to get that troll. Pick a brick mayhaps… but that may be asking for too much lol.

There is no way it will show up on Pick a brick, sometimes it happens to be a mistake and a licensed part shows up there but no way all parts will do that. That beeing said, it surely will be sold on Bricklink, though I am afraid the price for the troll will be around 20€ there if not more.

I am definitely convinced to start collecting the Hogwarts Castle. Can't wait to see how it looks with advent calendar.

OK, I thought that Great Hall won't be that deep, and the tables are 1 stud wide. Nice surprise.

76435_Lifestyle4.png?fit=crop&quality=80&width=1200&height=1200&dpr=1

This theme must have an insane budget. 7 years in, and we're still getting new moulded pieces for accessories! The new flasks, potion splash pieces, and wands are just awesome :wub: I wonder if the wands come in accessory bags since that would technically only require one new mould :laugh: 

18 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

:classic: Anyone wanna brainstorm what to do with the hufflepuff common room in the great hall, dont wanna toss it aside after adding the potions classroom

Honestly, I would leave the hufflepuff common room where it is and rather display the potion class on its own - and opened. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Thats probably the most disappointing point of the great hall, you gotta take out the hufflepuff common room and basically forget sbout it, no where else you coulf put it

To be honest I think it is designed so poorly on purpose because of that... I´ll make the common rooms by mocing the 3D partially covered backgrounds from the banners into the castle. Maybe I can reuse some of the parts from the great hall set.

Is the Dumbledore from the great hall the same outfit as the cmf just with a less elaborate hat? Then it would be perfect to upgrade the cmf Dumbledore with printed arms :)

Edited by Gorilla94

25 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

To be honest I think it is designed so poorly on purpose because of that... I´ll make the common rooms by mocing the 3D partially covered backgrounds from the banners into the castle. Maybe I can reuse some of the parts from the great hall set.

Is the Dumbledore from the great hall the same outfit as the cmf just with a less elaborate hat? Then it would be perfect to upgrade the cmf Dumbledore with printed arms :)

We haven't seen the finished lineup yet, so there could easily be the possibility of another section of castle with dungeon space, especially as it's the main ground floor level. If it's the biggest and most detailed version of the castle yet, and is modular, then I think it's a bit early to be writing it off as poorly designed.

This advent calendar is one of my favorites yet!

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

We haven't seen the finished lineup yet, so there could easily be the possibility of another section of castle with dungeon space, especially as it's the main ground floor level. If it's the biggest and most detailed version of the castle yet, and is modular, then I think it's a bit early to be writing it off as poorly designed. 

I was talking about the common room we can see. The common rooms were always quite bad. I do not expect this to change.

I'm surprised that so many people here are happy about the advent calendar. I'm usually a big fan of the HP advent calendars, but I'm probably not going to get it this year. I just don't see the point. I'll say the crackers are great. The caroling ghost is a novelty, but let's be clear it is a character who only appeared one movie for less than 4 seconds. The other minifigs are just slight variations on previous designs. (And, personally, I'd prefer to have a new Dumbledore based on Michael Gambon's version.) Otherwise, this calendar is mostly tables. Furthermore, the house color scheme for the table tops is unnecessary, and inaccurate in terms of the movies and books. Most items on the tables are boring. And those house statues simply don't appeal to me. Am I missing something here, because a lot of you sound so pleased about this set. Other years' calendars (esp. Yule Ball and Hogsmeade) seemed much more useful than this one. The main use I see for this year's calendar would be for people who are new to collecting HP Legos (so they didn't get the 2018 Great Hall) and can't afford $200 for the newest Great Hall; maybe this will serve as a low cost Great Hall alternative for them. 

Well, I do like the last two sets to be revealed.

Potions Classrom is a really cool standalone set that includes a lot of interesting pieces. I don't see how it could connect to the "most detailed Hogwarts Castle yet", nor do I know if it does.

Tournament Arrival is a fantastic set with incredible builds, it doesn't interest me in the slightest tho. The minifigures are great, and I'm glad we got this set.

After looking at all the official pictures, I do like the Diagon Alley set a bit more. It's a pretty cute display piece. Why is the signpost floating in the official pictures tho? LEGO is getting much worse at making coherent set photos :jollyroger:

Great Hall's exterior also looks better now that I fully see it, even tho it's still really plain. The interior is just as horrible as it was before tho.

@XenophiliusWell, getting an obscure random side character would be enough for most Star Wars fans to buy sets. I think the Torso Sprints are neat and lots of the stuff can  e used to fix this empty great hall.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Potions Classrom is a really cool standalone set that includes a lot of interesting pieces. I don't see how it could connect to the "most detailed Hogwarts Castle yet", nor do I know if it does.

It can be folded together and then inserted like this:

tn_76435_lifestyle3_jpg.jpg

59 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It can be folded together and then inserted like this:

That's really cool actually, but it brings two questions to mind:

1. What happens to the module that was included in the actual Great Hall set? Is it just thrown aside and ignored?

2. Shouldn't it be open? The ones in the Great Hall are. It just works much better, both from a play or display point of view.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's really cool actually, but it brings two questions to mind:

1. What happens to the module that was included in the actual Great Hall set? Is it just thrown aside and ignored?

2. Shouldn't it be open? The ones in the Great Hall are. It just works much better, both from a play or display point of view.

There will probably be future parts either the potions or Hufflepuff module can be put under. 

Both the bathroom and common room do open up when removed, but they don't have a front wall to block off the view I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

There will probably be future parts either the potions or Hufflepuff module can be put under. 

Both the bathroom and common room do open up when removed, but they don't have a front wall to block off the view I suppose. 

But that would mean that they'd have to release an unfinished set with an empty space for a module, which would be horrible for various reasons.

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But that would mean that they'd have to release an unfinished set with an empty space for a module, which would be horrible for various reasons.

The point is to move modules in and out though, so there will be sets released that are just modules and quite possibly sets with some empty space to attach them, it's how the system is supposed to work. 

If there are more modules than spaces for them to go, better than too many spaces and not enough modules :classic:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think the bis question is, if this unrecognisable common room is a loss. I'd say they put the empty corridor and the common room in the great hall, so there isn't just a hole. 

I wouldn't be surprised that in a future expansion to the castle there's a module that's initially inserted in the castle in it's opened form, but it might also be closed up which opens up space for one of the 'extra' modules that might not have a place yet.

7 hours ago, Seaber said:

It does seem very unlikely that this will happen - more likely they would rather do more modules without exterior. Right now for me that isn´t that much of an issue as the Potion class looks much better in it´s opened form, than closed - while the other modules seem to be designed the way that everything is displayed - if the potion class would have been made the same way, it would be much less detailed IMO.