Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m not sure how they could do CMF Serie 3 for Harry Potter. What characters were missing exactly? It’s 2018 - 2024 and i dont’ think there are more characters left now. I also don’t think they will “reboot” series for this theme. 

Regardless, I am in favor for printed medium legs. Medium legs are not widely used throughout different themes as far as I can see. Printing for medium legs, please. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lion King said:

What characters were missing exactly? It’s 2018 - 2024 and i dont’ think there are more characters left now.

There are still plenty of characters missing. Not a whole lot of major ones, sure, but still plenty of new characters that could be done. And of course plenty of outfit variants for characters we already have. 

For instance - a quick example list just using examples from the original movies (disregarding FB and games for now)

1. Harry Potter (will reading outfit with snitch and resurrection stone)

2. Ron Weasley (will reading outfit with dilluminator) 

3. Hermione Granger (will reading outfit with Tales of Beedle the Bard book)

4. Rufus Scrimgeour (with Dumbledore’s will)

5. Firenze the centaur 

6. Narcissa Malfoy (unbreakable vow scene outfit) 

7. Marge Dursley (with Ripper)

8. Draco Malfoy (with white ferret, featuring printed Slytherin robe mid legs)

9. Fluer Delacour (2nd task bathing suit with Grindylow and neck attachment for bubblehead charm)

10. Victor Krum (Bulgarian Quidditch robes)

11. Albus Dumbledore (horocrux cave outfit with grey hand, armed with spellcasting wand in tan with flame whip spell attachment)

12. Frog Choir Student (with 2x2 jumper plate cushion and new giant toad, featuring Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff robe printed mid legs)

I’ve specifically chosen outfits and characters that are unlikely to feature in sets for various reasons, as well as anyone who could theoretically appear in an advent calendar or book because they don’t need new molds/dual molding/bulky accessories. And I still managed to put together a list of twelve with just a few minutes thought. 

Edited by Accio Lego

@Accio Lego Narcissa has unbreakable bow? No wonder why sh has a strong backbone or a beautiful blow in her hair. 

But you have a great list - I really need those characters’ variants.

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

@Accio Lego Narcissa has unbreakable bow? No wonder why sh has a strong backbone or a beautiful blow in her hair. 

But you have a great list - I really need those characters’ variants.

Ugh, posting on my phone - sometimes the autocorrect decides I’ve typed in something wrong even when it’s still a word -_- 

There's so many fun costumes that haven’t been made yet though, aren’t there? There’s a whole list I didn’t even mention because they wouldn’t use new molds, but Narcissa’s hair in that scene really needs a new mold (her hair from DH could really use one too, but that variation has an actual chance of turning up in sets).

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Ugh, posting on my phone - sometimes the autocorrect decides I’ve typed in something wrong even when it’s still a word -_- 

There's so many fun costumes that haven’t been made yet though, aren’t there? There’s a whole list I didn’t even mention because they wouldn’t use new molds, but Narcissa’s hair in that scene really needs a new mold (her hair from DH could really use one too, but that variation has an actual chance of turning up in sets).

I would still like to see minifigs from Fleur and Bill's wedding because we still don't have those looks in minifig form. And there's still quite a few Yule Ball outfits that could be made or updated as well although those would probably appear in a new advent calendar or set.

Posted (edited)

The 5 cmf-Gryffindor variants are by far the best uniforms we got. I´d like to get at least one closed robe version of that quality for the other houses. That would be at least 3 very popular figures. I wouldn´t see a problem to have 3 Slytherins alone with Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. Flittwick from the first two movies but with a new beard and his hat would be cool. I don´t like the visible stud on the head. Quiddich Robes with leg Printing would be nice. It looks stupid to see the torsos with robe printing and plain white legs. That would be another 4 right there. I´d also like to see the other house ghosts. The first nick with the an added shakespeare neck-piece is perfect. It annoys me Myrtle in light grey has no printed legs... If you´d like to get something obscure, too, there would be Professor Vector. I´d like to get more teachers in general... Madame Hooch would benefit from a remake, too. Take the Hidden side Hair with glasses but in fitting colours and she will look so much better.

Edited by Gorilla94

13 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I feel like if we were going to get one, we would have gotten it by now. Didn't the first two come out in 2018 and 2020 respectively? There's been quite a gap since then.

I could see them doing one next year. As the Theme seems to be doing good still it doesn´t seem that unlikely to me. Also this year we got one normal one, the Space one (though it basically is a normal one too) and then the Dungeons and Dragons which is an anniversary one and had to be this year. So it makes sense that they did D&D now, since HP doesn´t matter if they do it this year or next (or in two years etc.) I also don´t think that, because it was 4 years between the first and the second there would be 4 years between the second and the third again. They will just do it when it suits them.

13 hours ago, Lion King said:

I’m not sure how they could do CMF Serie 3 for Harry Potter. What characters were missing exactly? It’s 2018 - 2024 and i dont’ think there are more characters left now. I also don’t think they will “reboot” series for this theme. 

Regardless, I am in favor for printed medium legs. Medium legs are not widely used throughout different themes as far as I can see. Printing for medium legs, please. 

I wouldn´t expect more than max. two new characters anyways but more versions of existing minifigures instead. We had Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna and Dumbledore actually appearing in both Series, with Harry appearing twice in the first one. If they would do an third Series I would hope they give it the Disney 100 threatment, since 12 Figures won´t be enough especially when 3 of them will have to be the three main characters already.

I dunno, at this point I still feel a third series has become superfluous :shrug_oh_well: Of course we‘re still missing characters, but almost all of the ones people initially wanted for a third series have been realised in the meantime (like Pomfrey, Skeeter, a more detailed McGonagall, Tonks, Kreacher, etc.) and we‘re getting CMF-quality minifigs in regular sets like the latest McGonagall or last year‘s Hogwarts architect. And the budget for new parts is still very high.

I wouldn‘t say no to a third series, but other licenses need additional series wayyyyy more than HP does now :laugh_hard:

@BrickBob Studpants yeah, that's a point ^^' I guess Lego needs to put those improve versions like McGonagall into sets, too, if they want to sell the third Castle reboot^^'

Yes, I think the most necessary would be lotr, but I doubt we will get one xD

What confused me is, that we did not see any leaks by now... wasn't the new great Hall supposed to release in 1 1/2 months?

15 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Haha, no worries! I just thought it was funny that Narcias was having an unbreakable bow. 

i agree, I really need some minfigures in differnet clothes from different scene. Yes, Narcarissa does need a dual-molded hairpiece. Her hair is really fascinating to collect in the lego mold. 

Also, I don’t think they will need a new mold for ferret - ther is an otter mold so i think it’s good to recolor it as a white ferret.  I have nothing to say about Ripper because it’s very obvious.  

Printed book “Tales of Beedle the Bard” is on my list. 

I know there are a few missing minifigures like the wedding scene. 

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

Printed book “Tales of Beedle the Bard” is on my list. 

‘Tales of Beedle the Bard’ and ‘The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore’ are both top of the list of books I want simply because they’re both significant to the plot of Deathly Hallows. I’d also love to see some of the specific textbooks make an appearance - like ‘Hogwarts: A History’, ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’, Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean’, etc. MinaLima did an amazing job with the graphic arts for the film and I would be nice to have those designs to properly stock the Hogwarts library even if some of them are just stickers. 

Since the reveal could happen any day now and leaks are pretty unlikely, what are you looking forward to the most in this wave? For me, it’s:

1. The troll. A new version has been overdue, and it being moulded sounds great!
  2. Karkaroff. Also overdue, and a pretty important gap to fill.
  3. Barty Crouch Sr. If it’s actually him in the first place, but it kinda has to be!
  4. The unknown professor, house ghost, and students. A lot of potential here, hopefully they deliver here!
  5. The Durmstrang ship. Hope it looks accurate at this scale :classic:
  6. The new Great Hall, especially if it’s as detailed as promised.
  7. Potions classroom. The description mentioned new flask pieces, right?
  8. Mme Malkin and the flower witch. Not exactly much to write home about, but still!
  9. The new Aragog. No idea if they can outdo the 2018 one, but maybe they actually will!
  10. Other potential new accessories or animals. No idea what, but they’ve always delivered here so far!

The Durmstrang Ship is probably the only thing I’m eagerly anticipating in this entire wave. Fingers crossed it’s a decent size with Beauxbaton’s Carriage being included. Also can’t wait for Karkaroff and Barty Crouch Sr., I’m sure they’ll deliver. Oddly enough I’m also intrigued by Madam Malkins and how well it scales with the big DA. I feel like it might go well next to the Magical Menagerie. Not excited for the new Hogwarts because I’m sure it’s gonna look amazing and I don’t need anymore encouragement to buy a third Hogwarts expansion. 

So many potential, new parts, such as troll, flask, minifigure parts… I  never get into buildable creatures but I’m kinda curious about Aragog. 

The Durmstrang Ship and the troll because they're long overdue.

But mainly the Great Hall because I think that set more than any other will give us a good indicator on the quality of this new Hogwarts line and if it's really "the most detailed" or just more of the same that we've gotten before.

I'm definitely most curious to see the style and system of the Great Hall, and what's included, though it's too expensive for me.

Also looking forward to seeing the new potions parts, and I wish they take a stab at overhauling the design of Snape, who is just getting overdone at this point and needs a shakeup. I really like elements of the 2007 one with the printed hair strands and sinister look.

While I don't care much for ships, I'm curious to see the scale of both the Durmstrang Ship and the Beauxbatons Carriage, and to see the new/redone Minifigures in that one.

Everything else, not too jazzed about, but it's always fun poring over new HP set pictures when they come out.

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Other potential new accessories or animals. No idea what, but they’ve always delivered here so far!

I have a small hope for the new raven mould in black in the Buckbeak set:wink:

1. Finding out who the ghost and teacher are. 

2. Getting an idea of what the new most detailed hogwarts ever looks like. 

The rest I can wait on 😁

To be honest I just care about Hogwarts and the Hogwarts Express. And within this limited part of the wizarding world my focus of interest is on the first two books/movies. Those were the big thing, when I was a kid. Went to the cinema with a Wizard hat and everything, got yellow faced Potter Sets for Christmas... 

So I am 100% hyped for the great hall with the Troll and Potion clasroom. Gives me a huge nostalgic feeling.

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

1. Finding out who the ghost and teacher are. 

Very curious about that as well. The fact that the 2021 GH set is still on shelves gives me hope that they wouldn’t include Nick and Sinistra again, as it’d be kinda silly to have two GH sets on shelves with highly specific overlap like that :laugh: Also, having an obsure background character like Sinistra in two sets would be pretty ridiculous.

My personal best case scenario would be Prof Vector and the Bloody Baron. The Fat Friar wouldn’t need any special pieces and could easily be featured in the AC, whereas the Baron would certainly benefit from a new hairpiece, which the AC couldn’t provide.

The real question is what style the ghost will be in. Glow in the dark or monochrome grey. Or blue again. 

Personally I’m most looking forward to seeing what the Great Hall looks like for the same reasons as everyone else. I’m interested in how the sliding rooms will work too. The Durnstrang ship will be nice to see too.

Do we know if/when there will be a HP GWP this summer? 

49 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The real question is what style the ghost will be in. Glow in the dark or monochrome grey. Or blue again. 

Good question *huh* I hope grey, since it’s the only colour we have more than one ghost in (blue: Myrtle, GITD: Nick, grey: Myrtle, Nick, & Grey Lady)

If it was a GITD Bloody Baron, we’d also need a Grey Lady in that colour to match them :laugh:

I think gitd nick in 2021 may have been a tribute to the original sets which had gitd figures like Snape and Voldemort. Since then we have had Myrtle in 22 and the Grey Lady in 23, both grey, so hopefully 24 follows suit! 

GITD Nick is a great minifigure, but I find him a bit of a pain to be honest; so many times I've had to put him away in a draw or he becomes a beacon in my dark bedroom at night when I'm trying to sleep. :laugh_hard: I have to say the current Lego glow in the dark quality is very good. I would rather they just stick to the light grey for the ghosts and stop changing all the time.

I’m not sure if we will know who are ghost and professor. I feel like they will be generic?