Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Yeah, it‘s one of the weaker HP polybags, but still a neat little set :shrug_oh_well: Definitely would‘ve been better with a different owl, but it is what it is :laugh:

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well, the polybag got revealed, it's Draco in the forbidden forest. Definitely the least interesting polybag so far, or at least in a while. Pretty much just an extension to 76432. I was really hoping it would include a random portrait. Oh well. With this being the second part of the forbidden forest in that style, I think it's save to assume we can expect the same thing from the Aragog set. But now I do wonder if that one will simply come with just Harry and maybe Fang. Collect all 3 and you'll get all 4 students.

Yeah I was really hoping to get a portrait there. Especially compared with the build your own Hogwarts-Set. Which was also a set that wasn´t to bad if you got multiples of it for the cards. I mean as set as such it doesn´t seem like a bad polyback really, it is still ok what we are getting for 3,99 here. Just the comparison to older polybacks might make it seem less attractive. 

In the end I see why they didn´t include the Portrait here since they add those only to the intereior Sets but that leaves us with just having to hope for random luck with the sets.

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, it’s pretty meh as far as polybags go. They could have at least used the new grey smowl from the Owlery instead of the barn owl (which was already in the 2021 polybag). There aren’t even any of the glow elements that make the set it attaches to interesting. 

I think Dracos lantern has one. 

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Do we know anything about a Gift with Purchase for this year?

Well I would expect we will get this Polyback ;). As for the real GWP, I am sure we will get one like we did in the last years - but there were no rumours about it yet and I don´t remember even getting a number yet.

2 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Yeah I was really hoping to get a portrait there.

There‘s a decent chance there might be one in next year‘s polybag :classic: After all, the 2022 polybag still came with a chocolate frog card!

30677-1.jpg looks like they are going for a "modular" forbidden forest that combine several sets..

Hmm, possible but not sure how big the chances are to get it next year when we didn´t got one for this year. I guess the chances are there and we will have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

looks like they are going for a "modular" forbidden forest that combine several sets..

After how the Forbidden Forrest Set was build, it isn´t really that surprising IMO. Wouldn´t wonder if the Aragog Set would be built in a similar way, though I think a bigger module would look much better for that one than several little ones.

The PoA BrickHeadz set has been revealed! I like what I‘m seeing :sweet: The dementor looks pretty goofy, but that comes with the territory :laugh:

Interesting, though not that surprising choice of Figures. Not sure what I should think about the stag but anyways I don´t care much about Brickheadz.

I was definitely expecting the PoA versions of Harry and Hermione, but I can’t help but wonder why the Hermione one uses a One Ring to represent her Time Turner when a printed tile of the exact same size already exists. 

25 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I was definitely expecting the PoA versions of Harry and Hermione, but I can’t help but wonder why the Hermione one uses a One Ring to represent her Time Turner when a printed tile of the exact same size already exists. 

I'm going to guess and say it's because the three sets that printed pieced came in retired last year and are no longer in production so Lego didn't want to keep producing it just for this one set. I agree it would have been better to use the printed piece, but I think it's an example of costs and production considerations (i.e. Only so many Lego pieces can be kept in production at the same time due to both factory space/machines) over what would have been the very best for the set.

Over all, I think this is the weakest Harry Potter Brickheadz for me. There's nothing particularly wrong with Sirius, Harry, the Stag or the Dementor, but I'm not feeling Hermione at all. Her hair colour is too light for me; yes, in some scenes you may think it a more accurate match for her hair colouring, but her hair is no real lighter in POA than any of the other movies and Lego has consistently used reddish brown for her hair since the reboot for both minifigures and Brickheadz so why change it now? I think the one time they switched her hair colouring was in the hiatus before the reboot with that Dimensions minifigure, but they never continued with that hair colour so I don't understand the need to change it again here. Add to that the fact that the pinks on her torso feel far to bright and I'm just not seeing Hermione at all. As @Accio Lego points out, even the ring is weak imitation of the Time Turner. The Dementor is probably my favourite of the bunch, but I wouldn't get the pack just for that one and don't collect the BrickHeadz anyway.

And I can see why Ron has been shafted again with the lineup being post Shrieking Shack, but that being said it would have been more interesting to ditch Hermione and Harry too I think and put Remus and Pettigrew in there instead.

30 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

LEGO-designer George Gilliatt has a video on his Instagram-page were we can hear some phrases of the soundbrick from the Sorting Hat he designed. 

I wasn't planning on buying this set, but now I'm getting kinda tempted, it looks really fun.

The Polybag is ok, cheap way to get Slytherin torsos and the uncommon barn owl. 

I Hope this Polybag doesn’t rule out a future Detention in the Forest set with Voldemort, Hagrid, Firenze etc

I like that hair color on hermione, it really suits her year 3+ color. Is it the regular medium nougat?

6 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I Hope this Polybag doesn’t rule out a future Detention in the Forest set with Voldemort, Hagrid, Firenze etc

To be fair, if you put Harry, Firenze, and the Voldemort shade in a set and you’re already looking at a set in the budget of the typical small Forbidden Forest sets Lego has been doing. Especially if they include the unicorn a lot of people would really like. (Admittedly, I don’t think Lego would do a unicorn corpse, but if lego bent canon a little bit so that the objective is to save the wounded unicorn from Voldemort…)

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

To be fair, if you put Harry, Firenze, and the Voldemort shade in a set and you’re already looking at a set in the budget of the typical small Forbidden Forest sets Lego has been doing. Especially if they include the unicorn a lot of people would really like. (Admittedly, I don’t think Lego would do a unicorn corpse, but if lego bent canon a little bit so that the objective is to save the wounded unicorn from Voldemort…)

I so want that set. 😆 Firenze seems like an obvious choice. How did they handle the unicorn scene in the HP video game? Because it seems like that would be considered an acceptable way to handle it here, too? For that matter, how was the Quirrellmort shade represented there? Given it's, what, a good 15 years on since the game's release, and the minifig design has really come such a long way in the meantime, how would people want to see the minifig represented? Would it be inappropriate to use the dementor / banshee swirled smoke lower body? And what do people think the chances are of them putting Fang in another set? C'mon, lego, stretch those mould Euros! (Please.)

51 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

How did they handle the unicorn scene in the HP video game?

The unicorn is always alive, of course. You can see it in this video ( Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4: Level 5 The Forbidden Forest STORY - HTG (youtube.com) ). Minute 1:40 the initial clip, with Quirrell/Voldemort with knife and fork and 9:15 the ending video with the arrival of Firenze.

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Would it be inappropriate to use the dementor / banshee swirled smoke lower body?

I think it would be a nice idea: dementor lower body, black torso, cape and hood. The head, of course would have to be really different from the movie one, in which unicorn blood dripps from Quirrell/Voldemort mouth. And while I would really appreciate having a unicorn, the movie scene make it unlikely, in my opinion, that LEGO will produce it.

@BrickMatit, thank you! The thermometer is a good solution, it was very cute as a whole, and the unicorn was adorable. Even knowing what to look for, I was unable to make out the knife and fork, but they're a perfect solution. Or if they really feel parents would take offence, don't include them in the set, but put them in the next castle one. I imagine it's that or a flexi-straw. :pir_laugh2: 

@krimimimi anyway, for a white unicorn I would accept also a Grubbly-Plank lesson set with a tree, a unicorn, the professor and Hermione :laugh: While Firenze could appear with Harry, Fang and Quirrell/Voldemort in a different Forbidden Forest set.

LEGO, take note! :roflmao:

7 hours ago, krimimimi said:

, how would people want to see the minifig represented? Would it be inappropriate to use the dementor / banshee swirled smoke lower body? And what do people think the chances are of them putting Fang in another set?

Since it’s a human I would expect regular legs, but perhaps borrowing the same cape from the dementors, the head could be double sided with Voldemorts face having the silver drools and teeth showing. Reverse is Quirrel looking nervous. 

I hope they make full use of Fang and have him in the Aragog set too as well as a detention set!

As for the Unicorn, they should have made it the centrepiece of the ‘forest creatures’ set this year instead of the random Buckbeak, it would have been perfect to cover all bases. 

About that Hogwarts outline from the instructions… it’s clearly only the buildings from the UCS castle (great hall, staircase tower, lookout tower, Viaduct entrance), although made at Minifigure system scale, e.g. no Astronomy Tower, bell towers etc

Isit representative of the scope of the new castle or maybe those buildings shown are the first wave or two which they have designed so far?

Edited by Bugbot20082

2 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

As for the Unicorn, they should have made it the centrepiece of the ‘forest creatures’ set this year instead of the random Buckbeak, it would have been perfect to cover all bases. 

I’m fairly certain the upcoming magical creatures set just didn’t have the budget for a brand new animal, especially not something as par and complex as a unicorn. 

The set we got just doesn’t have any new molds, only a couple of new prints, one or two revivals of disused colors… but that’s a long ways away from new mold budget. They didn’t even bring back the fan favorite dual molded Niffler, so I’m wouldn’t be surprised if a new creature was completely off the table right from the start of the design process. 

From the George Gilliatt designer Bricklist on Brickset:

https://brickset.com/sets/designer-George-Gilliatt

We were deep into developing all of the Harry Potter sets for the March 2024 release when we got a special surprise that we could make one extra set, which is where this set came from! We had produced so many magical creatures over the years and thought it could be fun to include several of them together in one set, like a battle-pack. The build is separated into 5 modular sections so you can arrange your Forbidden Forest in your own way, and I was very happy to be able to depict the forest in the blue colour-scheme as it looks in the movie.
FUN FACT:
- This set contains two new and exclusive creatures: a winking Cornish Pixie and a glow-in-the-dark spider, plus a light blue spider's web!

This set had a budget for a new print or two and a couple of recolored parts, but it's a "spare parts" kind of set without the budget to make a new unicorn mold. I guess they had a lot of thestrals, hippogriffs, and pixies left over from the last sets to use them.

3 hours ago, icm said:

From the George Gilliatt designer Bricklist on Brickset:

https://brickset.com/sets/designer-George-Gilliatt

This set had a budget for a new print or two and a couple of recolored parts, but it's a "spare parts" kind of set without the budget to make a new unicorn mold. I guess they had a lot of thestrals, hippogriffs, and pixies left over from the last sets to use them.

That definitely makes a whole lot of sense. And for a set that’s essentially an afterthought I think it turned out rather well, there are certainly a whole bunch of fun parts in there. I do wish they hadn’t used it as the premise for this year’s polybag as well though. 

6 hours ago, icm said:

I guess they had a lot of thestrals, hippogriffs, and pixies left over from the last sets to use them.

Given that the hippogriff was only in the poorly designed and overpriced Sirius Black set, that part at least wouldn't surprise me at all.

13 hours ago, icm said:

I hardly doubt that. They have produced those Sets for a long time, so they also knew how good/bad it was selling and based on that they also would produce those creatures. Additional to this both the Thestral and the buckbeak Set were sold out at an early time compared to other sets which would speak against this theory IMO ;).