Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

The Great Hall could’ve been based on any movie honestly, and with the Boathouse already being year 1 based (and probably the potions class too) I would’ve liked to see the Great Hall based on a later movie. However, if it’s based on year 1 because it includes the stone challenges then I’m all for it. Only problem is where would they fit fluffy and the trapdoor, assuming the set is just the Great Hall and maybe the courtyard. I’m still not 100% certain the rocks are Lego though, and if the set doesn’t end up including the challenges or anything else that would really make it year 1 specific then I’ll be very disappointed to have yet another set full of short figures and Harris Dumbledore. 

14 hours ago, Seaber said:

Great Hall is set up for Halloween Feast, with floating pumpkins above four tables. The Bloody Baron and Fat Friar are swooping between the pumpkins, while Dumbledore with new hat mold talks to Madam Hooch with new hat mold and Vector . 

Quirrell, with new torso print variant, bursts in to announce there is a troll in the dungeon! 

Below the great hall the Trio with nee dusty robe prints battle a new molded troll. 

Ha! Perfect. This will inform my expectations. 

Do you think that the boathouse will connect to hogwarts castle with those pieces?

image.png.2bac87c214462b657ebc128a7411a87c.png

I would rather expect connections with pins, like in the sets from 2018.

Edited by Jaromir

8 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

Do you think that the boathouse will connect to hogwarts castle with those pieces?

image.png.2bac87c214462b657ebc128a7411a87c.png

Yes, they look like they will be connecting with clips. I personally prefer clips but they would be very easy to swap for pins if that's your preference as its just swapping out the 1x2 with clip for a 1x2 with Technic hole and if you have any of the older sets you should have enough spares of the Technic pins to be okay. 

10 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

*snap*

Yeah, that's what it will connect with 

1 hour ago, Mordarch said:

No news from London toyfair?

The toy fairs have been absolutely worthless to us for multiple years now. They only show stuff that’s already on shelves and any new stuff is on display behind closed curtains, with attendees signing NDAs. Don’t except anything from any of the fairs anymore :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The toy fairs have been absolutely worthless to us for multiple years now. They only show stuff that’s already on shelves and any new stuff is on display behind closed curtains, with attendees signing NDAs. Don’t except anything from any of the fairs anymore :shrug_oh_well:

Well, nothing we don’t already know about anyway. Remember, the Sorting Hat set still hasn’t been officially revealed, Lego could decide to do that in conjunction with a toy fair. 

It seems they do not invite the RLFM to toy fairs anymore, before they could at least make notes of a lot of the new stuff even if they could not take pictures. I believe we got a lot of info from a German non Lego site a couple of years ago. So we must be lucky to get anything I think:sceptic:

31 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It seems they do not invite the RLFM to toy fairs anymore, before they could at least make notes of a lot of the new stuff even if they could not take pictures.:sceptic:

Brickset is/was attending London Toy Fair in the last day or so, but like previously said, LEGO is very strict about what can or can't be shared, so barely anything comes out of toy fairs.

I remember ye olde days of yore poring over FBTB's extensive coverage of upcoming sets at NYTF. Good times.

14 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Brickset is/was attending London Toy Fair in the last day or so, but like previously said, LEGO is very strict about what can or can't be shared, so barely anything comes out of toy fairs.

I remember ye olde days of yore poring over FBTB's extensive coverage of upcoming sets at NYTF. Good times.

Yes I have asked on their Discord if they are attending, but no one has answered so maybe not :def_shrug: I do not think they had accesses to the sets behind the curtain either the last times. Nuremberg starts in a few days, but unless someone knows anyone attending that runs a toy shop or similar we are probably out of luck..

That was good times yes with live minute by minute updates with news :sweet:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes I have asked on their Discord if they are attending, but no one has answered so maybe not :def_shrug: 

If you mean Brickset, they did go to London Toy Fair. It's on their Instagram story. The only "news" is a picture showing all the themes tying into space and a hint that there are some things yet to be revealed, but we already knew that from leaks I think.

Do we get set descriptions anymore? I don’t remember any since 2021 (hard to forget those dark days) but maybe I’m forgetting. Feel like they used to be a February thing. 

2022 we definitely had descriptions. Remember the problems describing the angled sections of the Library in Dumbledore's Office? That was confusing, and we puzzled over it for quite some time.  

For 2023, I can remember the attempts to describe the vault sections of Gringotts. "it goes under..." Probably there were more, but those were the descriptions that immediately popped into mind. 

Edited by krimimimi

16 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Do we get set descriptions anymore? I don’t remember any since 2021 (hard to forget those dark days) but maybe I’m forgetting. Feel like they used to be a February thing. 

Nope, not even that. The pattern was:

• Descriptions at London Toy Fair
  • Descriptions and a few pictures at Nuremberg Toy Fair (most licensed themes were off-limits)
  • Full pictures at NY Toy Fair

Descriptions being allowed stopped some time before 2019 (I remember because one poor guy got fired that year for sending the HP minifig list in DMs here on EB). Nuremberg used to useful until shortly before the pandemic, and NYTF stopped being worthwhile around the same time because they suddenly only had 1HY stuff on display anymore.

I think the shift was in 2018, because I remember the Great Hall being the only real highlight at NYTF, besides the JWFK sets. Most of the other themes had nothing new there.

11 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

2022 we definitely had descriptions. Remember the problems describing the angled sections of the Library in Dumbledore's Office? That was confusing, and we puzzled over it for quite some time.  

For 2023, I can remember the attempts to describe the vault sections of Gringotts. "it goes under..." Probably there were more, but those were the descriptions that immediately popped into mind. 

Those descriptions did not come from toy fairs though. The 2022 descriptions came from prelims that didn‘t leak (I know because I saw them) and D2C sets aren‘t shown at these events, so the Gringotts descriptions had a different source too. Also, they came out wellllllll after „toy fair season“. Or rather, the pale shadow of its former glory :snicker:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

"Jedi News are reporting from Toy Fair UK and we got to walk around the closed LEGO booth, taking a look at some sets coming later in 2024, but unfortunately we are bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement) and are unable to share what we saw."

So apperantly it was things to see there. Maybe we have more luck next week, but probably not :shrug_oh_well:

On 1/24/2024 at 7:22 AM, Clone OPatra said:

FBTB?

On 1/23/2024 at 12:59 AM, Huigberts Builds said:

The 2 basically random students are indeed not on my wishlist, we can pretty much make them ourselves with some spare parts. Frank would be funny, but since his only appearance is his death I know we'll never get him. Cedric’s father however is a pretty important missing character imo. My favourite scene in GoF is the return from the third task (it's a horrible moment, but a great scene) and he's a huge part of that scene. Not to mention how important he is to the Cursed Child, he's pretty much the inciting incident. (I hate the story, but I would like to get all the characters from it eventually. So pretty much the missing 19 years later epilogue characters and Amos (not counting Delphini since she is the only one exclusive to the play, and thus one we'll probably never get.)

I wouldn´t wonder if they make a Film out of that one day. Maybe not in the next few years, but one day, who knows - then there could also be some Sets about them.

On 1/23/2024 at 9:03 AM, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm still hoping that we get the Black Lake variants of Fleur and Gabrielle instead of repeats of the versions from the last Carriage set.  I'm not sure where else we could get the Black Lake variants otherwise (at least while the Black Lake set is still available), and I'd be pretty annoyed if we only ended up getting three out of the four champions from that scene.

I hardly see that happening. The set is about their arrival so ther figures will be from that Scene too.

1 hour ago, Salix said:

FBTB?

From Brick to Bothans, a fan website that was well known for their excellent NYTF coverage every year back in the day :thumbup: They’re still around, but the website is a bit past its prime

52 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

I wouldn´t wonder if they make a Film out of that one day. Maybe not in the next few years, but one day, who knows - then there could also be some Sets about them.

I hardly see that happening. The set is about their arrival so ther figures will be from that Scene too.

Gabrielle should be a new variant then if she's in the set. Both the arrival and the black lake variants are different from the one we already got.

gabrielle-delacour-goblet-of-fire-portra 

^^ this is what she wears in the black lake.

main-qimg-26e51933d36581b183ec1cfbc7c81d

^^ this is what she wears when they arrived.

Edited by mark1991t

5 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Gabrielle should be a new variant then if she's in the set. Both the arrival and the black lake variants are different from the one we already got.

Well with the arrival Set we are getting they kinda picture a Scene where we don´t really see what any person is wearing. Given it is quite cold outside it can be hardly doubt that Gabrielle was wearing that when she stepped out of the carriage - which kinda was a good excuse to have her wearing the same cloths in the former set - for this set using the cloths from the scene you pictures seem likely at least, in the end Barty Crouch also is just shown in the great Hall. On the other side I wouldn´t be that much surprised if they however just use the same clothings for both with shorter Legs only for Gabrielle.

Anyways I am not really a fan of how their arrival was depicted in the movies their arrival in the books is way better IMO. 

10 hours ago, mark1991t said:

^^ this is what she wears in the black lake.

^^ this is what she wears when they arrived.

I agree it should be one of those, I wouldn't be opposed to this variant though if it came down to it. 

f65271e71d1da257e4cb6780656b1778

9 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I agree it should be one of those, I wouldn't be opposed to this variant though if it came down to it. 

f65271e71d1da257e4cb6780656b1778

Didn't she already come in this outfit in the previous Beauxbatons set?

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Didn't she already come in this outfit in the previous Beauxbatons set?

Yes, and there’s a non-zero chance that we’ll see her in that outfit again (if she appears in this year’s set) simply because it’s been 5 years since the previous set and reviving both the torso print and hat mold will eat up enough budget to make reusing both a good idea. That said, I’d prefer the focus on Fleur’s actual fellow candidates for champion, since the whole point of the set is ostensibly the arrival of the other schools to compete in the Triwizard Tournament, and the $140 price tag means there should be enough budget to do at least 3 students each from the visiting schools in addition to the headmasters and Crouch Sr. already confirmed. 

If anybody is interested in new Hagrid's Hut set, you can have a look on YT (JB Spielwaren - EN), looks like he get the set early. You can see the speed build and review. Seems to be a very nice set, the best from march wave in my opinion.