Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

51 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hence only the small handful I mentioned

Yes, but I needed to copy down the entire list, at least now I know where to find it :iamded_lol:

Wow that Hagrid’s Hut really looks small for a $75 set. I can see a lot of parents and kids being disappointed by it. It’s been made as dense as possible to try and make up for it but let’s be honest, it did not need to be that dense and detailed. The boathouse doesn’t look like great value for money to me either. If that’s $38, I don’t know how anything from the rest of that castle could fit in any of the summer prices aside from $200. I’ll definitely be waiting for sales, which seems like the only way to buy most Lego sets at all anymore. 

That Hogwarts Castle though, wow. Remember just last summer when some were saying the M̶i̶n̶e̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶ modular style was the only way we could’ve ever possibly gotten a large castle large with a silhouette that looked like the actual castle? That didn’t last very long did it. Glad to see that it looks like we’ll be getting rocks/underground stuff too. 

Im very optimistic for the exterior of this system now, although I’m not getting my hopes up yet for the interior. The sets we’ve gotten from it so far are based on small buildings with pretty empty interiors which works there, but remembering this is the same team (afaik) that gave us the empty hallway collection known as The Battle of Hogwarts last year and The Room of Requirement with bonus empty hallway/sink, I’m keeping my expectations low.

Alright leakers, bring on the proper summer set list now XD

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

Yes, but I needed to copy down the entire list, at least now I know where to find it :iamded_lol:

Looking at that list again, it’s gotten pretty short now! *huh* Most of the characters on there are background fodder or characters that appear in one single scene. I guess the only really important ones left are Karkaroff, Bill, Xenophilius, Scrimgeour, Mundungus, and Narcissa. Maybe the Carrows, but they may just as well be regular Death Eaters :tongue:

No wonder they start struggling to include new characters in the sets and have to resort to variants and animals to keep things interesting :laugh_hard:

As to the castle, when I think of scenes in the castle not recently covered (and I'm going to express this badly, but scenes where for me it felt like the location was a real part of the story, almost a character in its own right: this is Hogwarts!, this only happens here), there are some that are particularly colourful that I'd like to see realised in sets. Some are story relevant, but another aspect is that they often have the magic that's at the root of what makes HP so special (again just for me, ymmv). In order of appearance...

some version of the Staircase should be part of an official set, bonus points if the stairs move, or even better if a step can disappear beneath you

the scene in PS with the troll on the loose in the dungeons! (with easily collapsed stall walls or sinks), so crucial, too, as it leads to the trio's friendship 

Halloween in the Great Hall, and I think I'd like to see them use a printed bit of plastic to reflect the night sky on the interior of the ceiling; that ceiling was so iconic, but they only ever seem to think about its exterior

lukewarm on this one, but we'll need to revisit Herbology, even though I really don't need another Neville in his planting kit or baby mandrake, but we do need a better greenhouse; kindly include some more interesting planting, though (that Friends set shows they know how to do it when they care to); skip the students, give me plants!

Lupin's class where the students conquer their fears with the Boggart, preferably any Boggart other than Neville's, though; I want the spider on skates (that I can repurpose in the Forbidden Forest) or the jack in the box. Also acceptable, Harry being taught to cast the Patronus  

a larger than 8 x [less than 8] :laugh: representation of the Divination classroom and the tea leaf reading of the Grimm (give me a sticker for the teacup, please)

the rampant jinxing that culminates in the deployment of the portable swamp, or the students running around in Bubblehead Charms 

the twins' Whizzbang-rich attack on Umbridge and flight from the school. Peeves' chasing the witch from the grounds with McGonagall's cane. (iirc, @Yope had done a MOC of the firework scene a few years back, for the 20th celebration, perhaps?)

any class with Snape, the room itself was just so... atmospheric, but I also like that image of him examining the Cursed Necklace; magic isn't inherently safe

there were all kinds of scenes from the Battle of Hogwarts, I haven't instantly got one that also feels like it would be kid safe or easily realised, but I'm sure I'll think of some later. (Aberforth with the Dementors...) @MaxHeadroom, fwiw, I really liked that BoH gave us the scene with Molly and Bellatrix (it's definitely one of the first things that comes to mind from the Battle) and quick!action!destruction plus some passable parts for the aqueduct for a larger Hogwarts build; it worked for me, especially when we already had the location for that particular duel in a different set. I loved that they didn't let that stop them. Give me more parts for more scenes from my checklists! w00t!

and while we're at it: more of the magic casting magic wands! It's Hogwarts! Give us more Magic!!

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe the Carrows, but they may just as well be regular Death Eaters :tongue:

Yes, but somehow we are sorely lacking regular Death Eaters. I have an army of thousands (predominantly Harrys :laugh:) battling... a very small handful. Give me more! 

I'm sorry to shoot some theories down, but the castle featured in the instruction booklet is 100% the new system. Plastered along the image is " This set is part of a series of modular sets (sold separately) that connect to create the most detailed LEGO® brick-built Hogwarts™ Castle scene ever". If you zoom in and analyse the picture, look at the outline where the boathouse is meant to be. It's featured on the overall model, even though it's greyed out beneath the white outline. If you were to remove the outline, you can specifically see that new boat house against that huge castle. Then go further up and you can see very clearly how it all connects together by slotting the boathouse into the side of the rocky exterior.

On 1/15/2024 at 2:20 PM, Seaber said:

I've not heard of this, it would be good to find a source for this :classic: 

Found it:

It's a bit hard to hear, because of the loud music, but can not find this part without the music. The setdresser (Stephenie McMillan) literally says: 'Each shop had an shopkeeper'. 

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not that many left! I guess Prof Vector, Prof Grubbly-Plank, the Bloody Baron, the Fat Friar, and maybe some students. Who else is there? :laugh:

Karkaroff, Dawlish and Crouch all appear in Hogwarts - as well as various Order and Death Eaters in addition to who you mentioned. 

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No wonder they start struggling to include new characters in the sets and have to resort to variants and animals to keep things interesting :laugh_hard:

Hey, some of us like the variants 😁

But you're right, not many left. 

1 hour ago, mark1991t said:

Found it:

It's a bit hard to hear, because of the loud music, but can not find this part without the music. The setdresser (Stephenie McMillan) literally says: 'Each shop had an shopkeeper'. 

Thanks that's interesting!! 

8 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

👍🏻

24 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Karkaroff, Dawlish and Crouch all appear in Hogwarts - as well as various Order and Death Eaters in addition to who you mentioned. 

Well, Karkaroff would certainly be saved for a Durmstrang ship set rather than being thrown in a Hogwarts expansion. Crouch would also make more sense in a set featuring one of the three tasks (okay, not the third one, for obvious reasons), and Dawlish… Who needs him :tongue:

24 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Hey, some of us like the variants 😁

So do I! But there should be a mix between variants and new characters, not just variants :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

43 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, Karkaroff would certainly be saved for a Durmstrang ship 

Speaking of which, Brick Clicker just confirmed 76440 to be the Durmstrang Ship and Beauxbatons Carriage :D

And 76435 is the Great Hall after all!

7 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Speaking of which, Brick Clicker just confirmed 76440 to be the Durmstrang Ship and Beauxbatons Carriage :D

And 76435 is the Great Hall after all!

Yes at last we get the ship! And I'm not suprised 76435 is the Great Hall after seeing that booklet silhouette. :excited:

Edited by BacktoBricks

• The Great Hall must be quite impressive at that price! Hopefully it comes with some exciting minifigs!
  • Finally a Durmstrang ship! The Beauxbatons carriage remake is pretty pointless, but hey, we can finally scratch Karkaroff off the list. If we're lucky, Crouch Sr. too!
  • Buckbeak & Mandrake: meh.
  • Potions Class: could be an interesting expansion, but not much potential minifig-wise.
  • Aragog: SNORE

Nothing TOO exciting in my book. Better than 2021, but definitely not on par with 2022 and 2023 in my opinion! :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I wonder if the Great Hall will include the staircase tower and/or the courtyard. I wouldn’t say either is guaranteed. 

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes at last we get the ship! And I'm not suprised 76435 is the Great Hall after seeing that booklet sillohuette. :excited:

It had to be if it was gonna be that more detailed over the previous 2. Although I'm slightly confused about the potion classroom. I wonder how/if that will connect? Although I also wonder what about the other 2 sections (Viaduct entrance and such). It's hard to believe they can include all that in system scale format at half the price as that of the nano scale one (which has the exact same sections). Maybe it's gonna be a 3 in one build or something?

Also, another forbidden forest only six months after the last set? I assume the Aragog set will be including some bit of landscape to connect to it. 

So my guess with the Great Hall beeing the big Set wasn´t that bad after all. Anyways I am kinda surprised with how few of the sets are actually for the new Hogwarts system (well of course the ship will kinda still belongs to is, but not really part of the castle). Not that interested in the buildable figures really, but they seem to have their marked - though if they are well made they can certainly look great

1 minute ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Although I'm slightly confused about the potion classroom. I wonder how/if that will connect? 

I'm getting nostalgia vibes for the original castle with a main castle set and then a Potions add on.

76435 Hogwarts Great Hall, 1732 pieces, $219.99 

76440 Durmstrang Ship & Beauxbatons Carriage 1229 pieces, $139.99 

76439 Ollivanders & Madam Malkins, 744 pieces, $99.99 

76427 Buckbeak, 723 pieces, $59.99

76433 Buildable Mandrake, 579 pieces, $59.99

76431 Hogwarts Potions Class, 397 pieces, $37.99 

76434 Aragog Forbidden Forest, 195 pieces, $14.99 

@brick_clicker instagram 

Edited by ArrowBricks

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:
  • Finally a Durmstrang ship! The Beauxbatons carriage remake is pretty pointless, but hey, we can finally scratch Karkaroff off the list. If we're lucky, Crouch Sr. too!

I wouldn´t call it pointless since the last one has been a while ago already, but I kinda would prefer if they would have made two seperate Sets for them

5 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I wonder if the Great Hall will include the staircase tower and/or the courtyard. I wouldn’t say either is guaranteed. 

Well I would stay with my guess that a big part might be the underground section and then maybe the staircase tower? Would depend on which size they are doing them really could aswell be just the great hall and underground with chambers of secrets. 

4 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

It had to be if it was gonna be that more detailed over the previous 2. Although I'm slightly confused about the potion classroom. I wonder how/if that will connect? Although I also wonder what about the other 2 sections (Viaduct entrance and such). It's hard to believe they can include all that in system scale format at half the price as that of the nano scale one (which has the exact same sections). Maybe it's gonna be a 3 in one build or something?

My guess would be that it connects with the underground section of the great hall set. They can add something on top of it later or can include another room with that build.

4 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Also, another forbidden forest only six months after the last set? I assume the Aragog set will be including some bit of landscape to connect to it. 

Well, both will surely connect and since both display different parts of the forbidden forest I don´t see an issue - and actually I don´t think there is that much forst in that set, given we should expect the set to have Harry and Ron, Aragog and then I would guess we will have a bit tree with some spiderwebs and spiders.

With the Grey roofs returning, I’m very excited to see the new Great Hall set. For that price, I’m sure it’s more than just the Hall. Ship and Carriage sounds very promising too! Hopefully we’ll hear some minifig lineups for these soon

As for the minifig line-ups, I expect the following:

• Great Hall: Golden trio, Dumbledore, McGonagall, two random students, Hagrid, one or two other professors (hopefully Vector)
  • Durmstrang ship & Beauxbatons carriage: Karkaroff, Krum, Madame Maxime, Fleur, Harry, maybe Crouch Sr.?
  • Aragog: Harry & Ron
  • Potions Class: Harry, Hermione, Draco, Snape
  • Ollivander & Madame Malkin: Golden trio, Draco, Narcissa, Ollivander

So, on the topic of collectible portraits –

Hogwarts: Great Hall and Hogwarts: Potions Classroom definitely will. 

Based off the March sets Buckbeak, the Mandrake, and Aragog Forbidden Forest won’t. 

But what about ‘Ollivander’s and Madam Malkin’s’ and ‘Drumstrang Ship and Beauxbatons Carriage’? The pattern that I’ve noticed is that the portraits are included in sets that have at least one place to hang them (hence the March sets with portraits all being buildings), so I think the Diagon Alley shops is a pretty sure bet. And with how the Ship and Carriage acted as temporary residences for their respective students it seems likely that the interiors a homey enough to have portraits as well. 

So that’s probably 4 more sets with collectible portraits, 3/4 of which should come with 3 or more just based off size. 

76435 Hogwarts Great Hall, 1732 pieces, $219.99 

Really exciting, can't wait to see this.  Hopefully some ghosts are included.

76440 Durmstrang Ship & Beauxbatons Carriage 1229 pieces, $139.99

Also very exciting although it continues the trend of grouping what could have been separate sets.  Crouch/Karkaroff are a must with this one. 

76439 Ollivanders & Madam Malkins, 744 pieces, $99.99 

Another double where many will only want one half which is also a shame.  Interested to see it though

76427 Buckbeak, 723 pieces, $59.99

I don't get anything this scale but still interested to see it.  Would a Hagrid in teaching outfit be too hopeful an inclusion?

76433 Buildable Mandrake, 579 pieces, $59.99

Another one I'll not get but interested to see.

This one oddly excites me as a throwback to one of the very first sets - possibly Bloody Baron inclusion?

76434 Aragog Forbidden Forest, 195 pieces, $14.99 

I like that there are more affordable sets this year (like the ford anglia), neither appeal for me but nice to have the option for lower budgets.  Assume this will be an expansion of the March release.

Thanks @ArrowBricks for the list!

6 minutes ago, Yope said:

This one oddly excites me as a throwback to one of the very first sets - possibly Bloody Baron inclusion?

That would be a nice callback to Peeves in the original set indeed. Although there's ofcourse also the possibility that it's based on Slughorn's class this time around.

Oh wow, we already got a figure list for 76439. It comes with Ollivander, Harry, Padma, Madam Malkin, a student in a wheelchair and "The Flower Witch", whoever that may be.

10 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

and "The Flower Witch", whoever that may be.

Found it:

flowerwitch.png

Right next to Madam Malkins

19 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Oh wow, we already got a figure list for 76439. It comes with Ollivander, Harry, Padma, Madam Malkin, a student in a wheelchair and "The Flower Witch", whoever that may be.

That was quick *huh* No Narcissa, bummer. Malkin and the Flower Witch might be nice minifigs though!