Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

On 3/30/2024 at 4:09 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Or with today's marvel prices, one $38 set and one $85 set.

Or with today's Marvel prices, one 359 pieces set for EUR 85 and one 420 pieces set for EUR 95.

I know new costumes are probably desirable, but for MCU collectors we already have most of the Thunderbolts figs.

Lego really knocking it out of the park IMO would include Yelena (non-negotiable), Red Guardian, US Agent, and Sentry.

I'm not convinced Abomination isnt in it anymore and with all the Hulk bigfig hype these year I have a renewed interest in him

Posted (edited)

The maxifigs live! :laugh_hard: It’s not directly relevant for Marvel (for now), but according to recent rumours, three themes this year will get D2C sets featuring maxifigs (DC, Mario, and Sonic).

I knew it was too soon to write them off (@Legocentrico) :wink:

Edit: It could have been an April Fool‘s joke, but it‘s not outrageous enough for that, so who knows

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Considering your comments and replies of others in the mentioned themes, I'm gonna assume it was an April Fool's joke :tongue: 

Kinda glad, 'cause I have absolutely no interest in maxifigs.

Regards,
Mitch

59 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Considering your comments and replies of others in the mentioned themes, I'm gonna assume it was an April Fool's joke :tongue: 

Yeah, while lego_minecraft_goat hasn‘t commented yet, it‘s listed as an April Fool‘s joke on the legoleak subreddit, so I assume it‘s one :blush:

Too bad, as I really like maxifigs and the Mario ones especially sounded great, unironically! …Or maybe the joke was that it‘s not a joke :devil: 

Yeah, I think it was an attempt at rage bait, especially given the choice of Mario (getting maxfigs before minifigs would be aggravating) and DC (Another batman v joker AND non-minifig related set would also be aggravating). Sonic was the only one listed that wouldn't have caused a riot, so it was probably thrown in there as a bit of filler, maybe a reference to last year's fake sonic set descriptions that were also a prank. Gave me a chuckle though.

53 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, while lego_minecraft_goat hasn‘t commented yet, it‘s listed as an April Fool‘s joke on the legoleak subreddit, so I assume it‘s one :blush:

Too bad, as I really like maxifigs and the Mario ones especially sounded great, unironically! …Or maybe the joke was that it‘s not a joke :devil: 

Hehe, yeah gues we'll know soon enough :tongue: 
Nice to hear you like the maxifigs, though. I guess for some characters from some themes they might be suitable.

Regards,
Mitch

The new dagger in the dnd cmf reminds me of Drax. We are supposed to get a new Milano, aren't we?

Speaking of reusing new parts, I noticed that the powerlifting arm on the new CMF M-Tron space figure looks rather familiar, and I'm wondering how long before we see it recoloured for Doc Ock's tentacle arms! Do CMF molds still become available to produce mainline sets after a while?

45 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Speaking of reusing new parts, I noticed that the powerlifting arm on the new CMF M-Tron space figure looks rather familiar, and I'm wondering how long before we see it recoloured for Doc Ock's tentacle arms! Do CMF molds still become available to produce mainline sets after a while?

It's possible- I believe it has happened before- but not very common. M-Tron is an in-house subtheme, so I don't think there'd be any weird rights stuff with the mold, but it just comes down to whether or not lego decides to do it.

Making my weekly X-Men post after the new episode airs, I'm curious what hairstyle Jean will get in the X-Mansion.

It looks like she's reverted back to the ponytail in the show. I hope Lego goes with the long, flowing hair.

Although I feel like Fantastic Four will only get one set, I hope I'm wrong. 

Silver Surfer!!!!!!

13 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Making my weekly X-Men post after the new episode airs, I'm curious what hairstyle Jean will get in the X-Mansion.

It looks like she's reverted back to the ponytail in the show. I hope Lego goes with the long, flowing hair.

Hair down would be my choice. I think it would translate better into a Lego minifigure than the ponytail would. My preference would be the hairpiece Firestar uses in the Daily Bugle.

sh712.png

6 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Although I feel like Fantastic Four will only get one set, I hope I'm wrong. 

Silver Surfer!!!!!!

I'd happily not get Silver Surfer from this film to be honest

I've never complained before about any of the race or gender swaps from Marvel (maybe aside from Taskmaster, but it didn't help that she didn't have any character in Black Widow), but come on now

There are actual female heralds of Galactus (Frankie Nova, Golden Oldie), Stardust who is agender, and enough male heralds that wouldn't receive as much backlash for a gender swap as this one will (Firelord, Air Walker, Morg).

But instead we're getting Norrin's wife instead. So yes technically it's not a gender swap, but what purpose does this serve to make her Silver Surfer?

As much as everyone else, I hope when the film comes out, there's a chance we could finally see some comic based F4, because that's where we'd the Silver Surfer we've all wanted since the beginning of the theme. It's still a long time til the film releases, and I'm still going to watch it regardless, but at this point in time my opinion on the matter is just... Why?

49 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

I'd happily not get Silver Surfer from this film to be honest

I've never complained before about any of the race or gender swaps from Marvel (maybe aside from Taskmaster, but it didn't help that she didn't have any character in Black Widow), but come on now

There are actual female heralds of Galactus (Frankie Nova, Golden Oldie), Stardust who is agender, and enough male heralds that wouldn't receive as much backlash for a gender swap as this one will (Firelord, Air Walker, Morg).

But instead we're getting Norrin's wife instead. So yes technically it's not a gender swap, but what purpose does this serve to make her Silver Surfer?

As much as everyone else, I hope when the film comes out, there's a chance we could finally see some comic based F4, because that's where we'd the Silver Surfer we've all wanted since the beginning of the theme. It's still a long time til the film releases, and I'm still going to watch it regardless, but at this point in time my opinion on the matter is just... Why?

This is disappointing. Yeah, I'd rather they not waste a slot on "Silver Surfer" so instead we can see another FF character represented. And I don't know why they couldn't just use Frankie Raye especially since FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer featured her and was clearly planning on doing more with her. This MCU version could have finally done something with Frankie.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Hair down would be my choice. I think it would translate better into a Lego minifigure than the ponytail would. My preference would be the hairpiece Firestar uses in the Daily Bugle.

sh712.png

I like that hairpiece for her as well especially for her as Phoenix. It's the 70s Farrah Fawcett hair she sported back then.

According to r/legoleaks 3 Marvel sets have increased in price (US pricing) and 4 have reduced

Increases

• 76286: The Milano $169.99 -> $179.99
  • 76287: Iron Man Vs Hulk (4+) $10.99 -> $14.99
  • 76289: Surtur Battle ($24.99 -> $29.99

Decreases

• 76288: Iron legion Battle Pack $24.99 -> $19.99
  • 76290: Avengers Vs Loki $59.99 -> $49.99
  • 76291: The Avengers Assemble: Age Of Ultron $109.99 -> $99.99
  • 76297: Dancing Potted Groot $59.99 -> $44.99

1 hour ago, upliftingbricks said:

Increases

• 76286: The Milano $169.99 -> $179.99
  • 76287: Iron Man Vs Hulk (4+) $10.99 -> $14.99
  • 76289: Surtur Battle ($24.99 -> $29.99

Milano makes sense to increase, GotG is a fairly popular franchise and its the most popular ship. Not sure the 4+ set needed a price increase. Surtur Battle we've not got enough information to really judge, but I don't think it'll be worth $29.99 unless it's another buildable figure for Surtur like with the Sandman NWH set - even then it's one I'll grab on discount for Surtur if it happens.

1 hour ago, upliftingbricks said:

Decreases

• 76288: Iron legion Battle Pack $24.99 -> $19.99
  • 76290: Avengers Vs Loki $59.99 -> $49.99
  • 76291: The Avengers Assemble: Age Of Ultron $109.99 -> $99.99
  • 76297: Dancing Potted Groot $59.99 -> $44.99

These all make sense given the declined interest in 76291 after the reveal it's focused on the AoU: Forest scene. Dancing Potted Groot is just another Groot so maybe they expect less interest. Avengers Vs Loki I'm guessing at this point it'll be mostly recycled figures people have already. I'd argue the Iron Legion Battle Pack is still overpriced and will be aiming to get it for cheaper than that, if the figures appeal (or bricklink them)

2 hours ago, NXS7 said:

I hope when the film comes out, there's a chance we could finally see some comic based F4, because that's where we'd the Silver Surfer we've all wanted since the beginning of the theme.

Same, my hope is for comic-inspired sets at this point. Other than Human Torch and maybe Thing I would'nt want figures of the other film versions of these characters. I'm after legacy and comic inspired (or stuff that could pass for comic inspired) at this point.

Fingers crossed 2025 will give us 10th anniversary Age Of Ultron sets based on the latter half of the film to occupy my collecting. Lego really need to prioritize legacy sets at this point if they want to secure sales.

Posted (edited)

A female silver surfer. I hope that if they decided do make her, you can easily swap her to Norrid Radd by leaving the wig off. Not that an official lego figure could compete with its shiny silver knock-off brother, because that one is great, but it would be cool for the purists to get a version that could be used for comic and mcu fans

Edited by Borex

12 hours ago, Borex said:

A female silver surfer. I hope that if they decided do make her, you can easily swap her to Norrid Radd by leaving the wig off. Not that an official lego figure could compete with its shiny silver knock-off brother, because that one is great, but it would be cool for the purists to get a version that could be used for comic and mcu fans 

Female figures have eyelashes and lipstick. If you want a solid pearl silver silver surfer, you can get the new silver armoured torso from the space cmf and a head of Zane (?) from Ninjago. If you are open to it, you can take any Zane head and remove some robot printing by polishing it.

13 hours ago, Borex said:

The torso will probably also have curves to represent a female body. Maybe cleavage lines as well. I don't think it would be so easy as removing the hair (assuming this female Surfer isn't bald) to convert her to the classic Silver Surfer.

18 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Same, my hope is for comic-inspired sets at this point. Other than Human Torch and maybe Thing I would'nt want figures of the other film versions of these characters. I'm after legacy and comic inspired (or stuff that could pass for comic inspired) at this point.

I'd love for more comic accurate FF (and Marvel in general) sets but I feel like if we've barely gotten any comic accurate Avengers sets, even though the Avengers are a proven property, it's really unlikely we'll see comic accurate FF sets anytime soon. Even that would likely hinge on how well the FF sets for the movie sell and there's a lot of very angry people right now because of the Silver Surfer backlash. People say these types of castings never reflect on the actual box office but The Marvels has shown that this isn't always the case and the goodwill people had for Marvel in years past has evaporated now with their last few movies. I feel like The Marvels was just the beginning for Thunderbolts, Captain America 4 (which the Internet is calling Captain Falcon), and now the FF. 

One piece of good news for more comic inspired Marvel sets is that there are images and scenes circulating online of X-Men '97 featuring Storm in her 70s debut classic costume. I don't know if this is a flashback or a costume change but there are rumors the X-Men might get new costumes in the show so if that does end up happening, maybe future X-Men sets could feature their classic comic outfits from before the 90s. X-Men and Spider-Man might be our best bets for comic sets now.

10 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I'd love for more comic accurate FF (and Marvel in general) sets but I feel like if we've barely gotten any comic accurate Avengers sets, even though the Avengers are a proven property, it's really unlikely we'll see comic accurate FF sets anytime soon. Even that would likely hinge on how well the FF sets for the movie sell and there's a lot of very angry people right now because of the Silver Surfer backlash. People say these types of castings never reflect on the actual box office but The Marvels has shown that this isn't always the case and the goodwill people had for Marvel in years past has evaporated now with their last few movies. I feel like The Marvels was just the beginning for Thunderbolts, Captain America 4 (which the Internet is calling Captain Falcon), and now the FF. 

One piece of good news for more comic inspired Marvel sets is that there are images and scenes circulating online of X-Men '97 featuring Storm in her 70s debut classic costume. I don't know if this is a flashback or a costume change but there are rumors the X-Men might get new costumes in the show so if that does end up happening, maybe future X-Men sets could feature their classic comic outfits from before the 90s. X-Men and Spider-Man might be our best bets for comic sets now.

The Avengers are popular, but they’re also basically only known for the MCU movies, which is why we mainly get movie based sets for them and the occasion comic based minifgures thrown into a 4+ set of a mech. That isn’t the case with the Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Spider-Man (the latter of which still gets comic based sets) who are all better known for comics and cartoons than movies.

42 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

The Avengers are popular, but they’re also basically only known for the MCU movies, which is why we mainly get movie based sets for them and the occasion comic based minifgures thrown into a 4+ set of a mech. That isn’t the case with the Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Spider-Man (the latter of which still gets comic based sets) who are all better known for comics and cartoons than movies.

But the FF really aren't that popular anymore and I say this as someone who became a fan of Marvel because of them. Definitely not to the extent of Spider-Man and while even the X-Men have drastically declined in popularity since the 90s, they're still more well known and popular than the FF. There's a reason we got X-Men sets before the Disney ban whereas we never got any FF sets even back then. Only Doom was popular enough to show up, in a Spider-Man set of all places.

None of the FF movies ever caught on (and I'm a huge fan of the first two) and they've had a few cartoons but those were never very popular either. They don't have the same presence in pop culture that the X-Men do. Their peak was the 1960s and they've never really regained that status since. The Incredibles are better known now than the FF. 

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The torso will probably also have curves to represent a female body. Maybe cleavage lines as well. I don't think it would be so easy as removing the hair (assuming this female Surfer isn't bald) to convert her to the classic Silver Surfer.

Maybe they could throw some FF characters into a comic Spider-Man set

4 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Maybe they could throw some FF characters into a comic Spider-Man set

If he can team up with Ghost Rider to fight Carnage, he can team up with Silver Surfer to fight... well probably also Carnage... or more likely Venom... in a mech