Hello fellow EB members.

My latest MOC is called Atom Bowl. It's inspired by mid century architecture. I had intended to make it full on Googie but couldn't quite replicate some of the wild shapes prevelant in that style such as boomerangs.

I spent most of the my time working on with the 'ball return' and diamond pattern.

Couple of pictures;

53438540301_e2a381f3bb_c.jpg

53438954290_1bbc1b01ab_c.jpg

They are also found as usual on my flickr page: here

All the best for 2024! :classic:

Andrew

Gorgeous. This looks like it came right out of the 50's! So many details abound, even the base is sporting the theme. I don't envy the gent with the 7-10 split.

Another masterpiece! :wub_drool:
I have to admit that when I open your posts I am used to expect the best ...and in fact this time (again) your construction techniques for drawing diamonds leave me stunned! :pir-huzzah2:

Cannot stop looking at those diamonds in the walls, as well as the star in the floor. Not only is the shaping perfect, but the muted colours all work with each other so well. Are these pieces all just held in by pressure or do they all have attachment points?

Wow, all those details!

But the maintenance man ends up being angry, as all the bowling shoes lies unused at the shelves, and people bowls in their own footwear...:pir-cry_happy:

On 1/3/2024 at 2:59 PM, Lyichir said:

Oh wow! Those wall and floor patterns are amazingly intricate.

Thank you, like no style I've attempted before but fun to make!

On 1/3/2024 at 3:30 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Gorgeous. This looks like it came right out of the 50's! So many details abound, even the base is sporting the theme. I don't envy the gent with the 7-10 split.

Thanks, yeah good luck to him, I've never made that shot! :laugh:

On 1/3/2024 at 9:01 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Another masterpiece! :wub_drool:
I have to admit that when I open your posts I am used to expect the best ...and in fact this time (again) your construction techniques for drawing diamonds leave me stunned! :pir-huzzah2:

On 1/4/2024 at 6:16 PM, someguy827 said:

Cannot stop looking at those diamonds in the walls, as well as the star in the floor. Not only is the shaping perfect, but the muted colours all work with each other so well. Are these pieces all just held in by pressure or do they all have attachment points?

Glad you like them, there are some small gaps around the diamonds, only the 4 outer corner cheese slopes are loose and with the right 1x1 studs with a brick on the side or both sides I could stabilise them at the top. The rest is all held in by pressure. 

On 1/5/2024 at 6:15 PM, ArneNielsen said:

Wow, all those details!

But the maintenance man ends up being angry, as all the bowling shoes lies unused at the shelves, and people bowls in their own footwear...:pir-cry_happy:

I'm glad the days are gone of wearing the onsite shoes! :laugh: Probably wasn't optional in the 50's!

On 1/5/2024 at 8:52 PM, lifeinplastic said:

Great work as always, Andrew!

Thanks @lifeinplastic!

Another great moc of yours! I love the mosaics on the wall and floor. The colors of the wall in the back, sand green and brown, together with the ornaments really create a mid-century feeling. And i love the pose of the players!