Well, it's been a while... 8 years since I posted here. 

I present to you St.Miguel - a real Armada Flagship.

It is inspired by Spanish galleon St.Martin, which was a flagship of a Great Armada (google it, if you want:pir-sweet:).20231227_205350.jpg

20231227_205046.jpg

20231227_204139.jpg

Sails are fabric made and handpainted. Almost no illegal techniques were used:pir-tongue:.

More in Brickshelf gallery

Ahoy!

Edited by mrsniady1

5 hours ago, mrsniady1 said:

I present to you St.Miguel - a real Armada Flagship. 

Magnifico!   The Imperial Armada were long overdue to upgrade their flagship and the St.Miguel fits the bill nicely!

And it's also great that you've drawn influences from the design of actual galleons, and not just labeled your ship a "galleon" for the sake of it.

6 hours ago, Horation said:

Great ship! Where did you get the shields, I recognise one from kingdoms, but that's it.

The horse one is from CMF I believe, and the other one is plain yellow shield with red sticker.

20231227_204639.jpg20231227_203229.jpg

Some amazing techniques here and there , she looks beautiful. I noticed the sails , they are nicely done with eye for details. Great job. 

13 hours ago, mrsniady1 said:

The horse one is from CMF I believe, and the other one is plain yellow shield with red sticker.

Ah! Good to know.

I have to agree with @Fraunces, the sails are great, but in general the whole ship is covered with such great detail ; the sails, the shields, the greebling, the ship's shape and key elements (like those miniature white towers-I'm no ship expert so I don't know how they are called) .

So I have one question, do you have anything else in store for us? I hope we won't have to wait 8 years for your next build.

On 12/29/2023 at 10:25 PM, Horation said:

So I have one question, do you have anything else in store for us?

I think I'll post something in a week or so.

Bellow I post a few pictures more.

20231227_203356.jpg

20231227_204155.jpg

20231227_201335.jpg

Edited by mrsniady1

A beautiful galleon built with many details! :pir-love: I like the colorful decorations, shields and printed sails. I really like the construction, especially the stern of the ship, which becomes narrower towards the top.

Wow, it looks amazing! I know we're supposed to be here to appreciate the Lego but I'm struggling to take my eyes off your beautifully painted sails :D

For those like me to decided to take you up on the suggestion to "google it"... I found better results searching for sao martinho armada, at least as far as google image search goes.

Nice galleon build with astonishing hand painted sails. Nice touch on a details, especially narrowed stern and angel on a bow.

I am wondering what is this white next to the anchor. Simple decoration or it has some functionality?

18 hours ago, Woody Orsat said:

I am wondering what is this white next to the anchor. Simple decoration or it has some functionality?

As I searched while building the ship, those turrets (white towers) were simply toilets for officers:sweet:

Towers like these can also be seen on lego Pirates of Carribean "Silent Mary" ship, although equipped with some cannons.

Edited by mrsniady1

4 hours ago, mrsniady1 said:

As I searched while building the ship, those turrets (white towers) were simply toilets for officers:sweet:

Towers like these can also be seen on lego Pirates of Carribean "Silent Mary" ship, although equipped with some cannons.

That's an interesting fact I did not know. 

Thank you for clarification :pir-huzzah2: