the Inventor

[MOC] Majisto and the party of dragons

The fantastical feast is held each year, at Majisto's castle, and no party is complete without a few uninvited guests.

Ogwen the dragon has escaped the dungeon and decided to also partake, because the guards were also at the party, Ogwen was only noticed when trying to enter the great hall.

--

What better theme to build a party for, then for the Dragon Masters which have their 30th anniversary this year.

53401542623_f64cb7642b_b.jpg

Majisto and the party of dragons by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

53401353161_7cc8567593_b.jpg

Majisto and the party of dragons - overview by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, C&C always welcome.

Definitely worth a huge "Wow".
From the staircase for rafters down to the sideway-build floor boards there are quite a number of things to focus on. I think my favorite is the appearantly unexpected dragon guest in the corridor. Maybe it is after the bite of cheese on the barrel at hte entrance? ;)

Amazing MOC! You have captured a very fascinating scene. Nice parts use wherever I look. Even though I would never use such barbaric building techniques, I think the minifigure legs as dragon snouts are just perfect 😊

Amazing build, as always!  Absolutely inspiring.  I love the large banquet hall look.

Great build for the dragon too, very creative use of the green legs haha

That's a fun scene! The dragon head is nice parts usage with the minifig legs and leaves! I also like how you build the floor. Also very nice minifig articulation - the fool :laugh:

There are so many delightful little details here its hard to pick a favorite. However the use of the staircase piece for the roof is particularly wonderful!

I like how the way this is done causes you to imagine the lead up. The scene just cuts between the party and the Dragon sliding out of the dungeon until the moment of the MOC. 

Oh, I absolutely love your rendition of the classic green dragon, even if it's just the head and claws! the triple leaf plates do a lovely job echoing the original's "frills"!

The rafters, stained glass windows, and furniture are also beautifully constructed. While the grey walls deviate from the original Dragon Masters/Dragon Knights sets, I realize that if the walls here were black, the overbearing darkness would detract from the scene and cause a lot of details like the fireplace and wall cornices to melt into the shadows.

Beautiful scene overall!

Thanks all.

@Aanchir I considered using black for the walls, but then it would indeed get to dark inside for all the fun details. I'm imagining that the outer walls of the castle are still black, but the inside is grey.