Sign in to follow this  
Simon_S

GoH 11: Blueberry Liquor

After the Trolls were defeated, the commerce in Agasûl and the surrounding villages started flourishing again. On the foot of the rock of the dragons grew the most juicy and delicious mitgardian blueberrys. And they were so many of them! The people in Agasûl made everything out of the blueberries: blueberry pie, blueberry cake, blueberry ice cream, blueberry juice, and so on. But they still couldn't use all of them so they started to make blueberry liquor with the leftovers. It quickly became a hit. Many people startet their own little blueberry liquor companies. And as you would expect it on the market: Competition improves the products. Everybody strived to make the best blueberry liquor. People even started to put some magical stuff in it - just to make it even tastier. And to sell more of it. Until today, blueberry liquor is known as a typical drink from Agasûl.

53403890815_7a4c848d2b_b.jpg

Please be careful and don't drink too much blueberry liquor: this typical mitgardian alcoholic drink has cost some dwarves their freedom.

Spoiler: 2 Pictures: The first with lights shut off and the second is a night photo with only the integrated lights.

Spoiler

53403458566_dbe06bd09c_b.jpg

53403458521_3108980147_b.jpg

Thanks for looking! Have a nice day and brick on! - Simon

image.png

Edited by Simon_S

A great story and a fine build! I like the crooked roof. Which color is that? Coral?

The lights really add to the atmosphere, especially in the large tub, where the juice/liquor is made.

Nice choice of colors it really makes the build pop.  Those curved pieces are a good idea for smoke.  The roof looks great with those curved tiles.  I like the use of the dish in the barrel for the blueberry liquid.  Good looking figs too.  

Nice build! The colors really stands out and I like the roof and trees a lot!

Edited by T-86(swe)

On 12/17/2023 at 6:29 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

A great story and a fine build! I like the crooked roof. Which color is that? Coral?

The lights really add to the atmosphere, especially in the large tub, where the juice/liquor is made.

Thank you! Yes it's coral. This part came in the PaB wall so I could get them cheap and thought I'd build a roof in a MOC with unusual colours... this is the result of it :-). Also, it's my first time that I use lights in a MOC.

On 12/17/2023 at 8:33 PM, zoth33 said:

Nice choice of colors it really makes the build pop.  Those curved pieces are a good idea for smoke.  The roof looks great with those curved tiles.  I like the use of the dish in the barrel for the blueberry liquid.  Good looking figs too.  

Thank you :-). Yeah those curved pieces are perfect for making smoke. I have no idea what they were intended to be... were they originally made for smoke? Or for something else?

On 12/17/2023 at 8:59 PM, mrcp6d said:

Sweet build!  I really like the cottage and those trees are awesome too.  :thumbup:

Thank you!

On 12/18/2023 at 4:45 PM, T-86(swe) said:

Nice build! The colors really stands out and I like the roof and trees a lot!

Thanks man!

Outstanding!  I love the color choices!  The coral roof and the bright yellowish green foliage work surprisingly well in the light you have on them.  The irregular base is very nice, although I'm not a huge fan of the loose pieces approach.  Nonetheless, it looks very organic, and the various grasses look natural.  Love the combo of various generations of parts (hat, neck ruffles etc.) on the lady coming out the front door.  The blueberry liquor barrel is superb, and I love the light!  The characters are posed perfectly around, and the axe is a nice touch on the guy near the vat.  The glasses and bottles strewn about are great, and the build really has an expansive feel to it, which is impressive given it's relatively compact size.  Beautiful work!

Lovely color choices, and especially great job with integrating the lights :thumbup:

I really love those trees, great use of tooth pieces.  The smoke is clever too.  And of course, the color choices really stand out!

On 12/23/2023 at 3:26 AM, Grover said:

Outstanding!  I love the color choices!  The coral roof and the bright yellowish green foliage work surprisingly well in the light you have on them.  The irregular base is very nice, although I'm not a huge fan of the loose pieces approach.  Nonetheless, it looks very organic, and the various grasses look natural.  Love the combo of various generations of parts (hat, neck ruffles etc.) on the lady coming out the front door.  The blueberry liquor barrel is superb, and I love the light!  The characters are posed perfectly around, and the axe is a nice touch on the guy near the vat.  The glasses and bottles strewn about are great, and the build really has an expansive feel to it, which is impressive given it's relatively compact size.  Beautiful work!

Thank you Grover :-). Yeah Ii'm also not 100% convinced on the loose pieces. I knew that I wanted to build another Brickscalibur entry so I had to get this one together in time and this "technique" (if you can even consider it as building) saved me a lot of time... and now we got a deadline extension lol. Anyway, I already took the build apart. And I had a lot of fun building this, and I needed steady hands, especially for balancing the leaves with the 3 fingers.

On 1/2/2024 at 10:17 PM, Gideon said:

Lovely color choices, and especially great job with integrating the lights :thumbup:

Thank you :-). It's actually the first time I used LightMyBrick lights in a MOC and it's way easier than expected.

On 1/6/2024 at 8:39 AM, MrLind said:

Sweet story and a cute build

thank you!

20 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I really love those trees, great use of tooth pieces.  The smoke is clever too.  And of course, the color choices really stand out!

Thank you :-). 

The colours, the lighting, and the choice of that dark fabric for the background really make that build shine! The shape of the roof looks wonderful too, and I love the trees and the shapes in which the tiles on the ground are arranged.

On 1/22/2024 at 9:54 PM, Aurore said:

The colours, the lighting, and the choice of that dark fabric for the background really make that build shine! The shape of the roof looks wonderful too, and I love the trees and the shapes in which the tiles on the ground are arranged.

thank you for the kind words Aurore :-). Yeah arranging the tiles took quite some time. I'm not sure if I saved time with this technique or if I wasted it and if it would have been faster to just build a normal base. Anyway, it was fun to try it out but I think in the future I'll stick to more classical bases. 

The shape of the roof is very cute! The colour scheme is very interesting, it very much feel like a 'enter at your own risk' kinda place. And I bet it would be worth it