Sign in to follow this  
Yperio_Bricks

[OFFICIAL] 40710 LEGOLAND Pirate Splash Battle

UPDATE 2/02/204

Here be the description from the official Pirate Splash Battle (40710) webpage:

image.png

Prepare for swashbuckling adventures with the LEGO® Pirate Splash Battle (40710) pirate toy for kids aged 7 and up. Young seafarers will love building the ship and discovering its treasure trove of details. Inspired by the iconic LEGOLAND® Pirate Ride, the set includes pretend water cannons with shooting function, letting kids recreate the fun of the real-life ride. It’s brought to life by 3 minifigures, plus shark and parrot figures and a LEGOLAND flag element.

Blog post covering official announcement has been published.

Click here for more images and set details

--

-----------------------------------

The LEGOLAND Pirate Splash Battle is a pirate themed set, depicting the Legoland Pirate Splash Battle tour, where you can use water swivel guns to shoot at the other boats.

• LEGOLAND Pirate Splash Battle
  • Parts 171
  • Minifigs: 3
  • Animals: shark, parrot, crab
  • Price: 24.99€; 26.99$
  • 1 January 2024

40710_Pirate_Splash_Battle_-_Box_Front.jpg

Picture of the Pirate Splash Battle in Legoland Germany:

4d9335d962519_2000.jpg

Pirate Splash Battle in Legoland Germany; picture by Tobias Maier/DLRG Herrenberg

The images seem to have some cool parts in this small set for pirates builders.

Palm tree, crab, white fort parts and pirate flag.

will pick this up for building bits.

2 minutes ago, thewatchman said:

The images seem to have some cool parts in this small set for pirates builders.

Palm tree, crab, white fort parts and pirate flag.

will pick this up for building bits.

Did you find images already? I only see the very small and blurry one.

Just now, Yperio_Bricks said:

Did you find images already? I only see the very small and blurry one.

Probably the same one. 
 It’s a bad image but you can make out certain things. The small masts might inspire some smaller build boats too. 

Ok, now Lego has proven that they know the theme still exists with all those unrelated little sets, could we have other "real" releases?

1 minute ago, CaptainMoore said:

Ok, now Lego has proven that they know the theme still exists with all those unrelated little sets, could we have other "real" releases?

Yeah, seems like it’s due.

Not sure I’m ready for the “CITY; pirates” theme though.

Instead of a new dedicated space theme, Lego just releases space sets within the other themes, like city, friends, creator, dreams, classic and technic. But they all share the space logo on the box art.

Obviously this is not possible with pirates. Well, it is possible, but i think pirates fans (the history buffs amongst us) don't want the aformentioned city pirates :pir_laugh2:

LEGO seems to only make smaller Pirates / Castle sets as LEGOLAND or GWP these days, pfft.

I mean, there are at least some bigger sets too via the "normal" way (altho some exclusive to LEGO as well like Eldorado), so i'm not saying this is like 2016-2019.

5 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Obviously this is not possible with pirates. Well, it is possible, but i think pirates fans (the history buffs amongst us) don't want the aformentioned city pirates :pir_laugh2:

Yeah City doing time travel would not go well with City or Pirate fans I think, but neither does the Pirate Amusement park way they have done for a few years now with Pirate Rollercoaster, Treehouse, Playground and now a LEGOLAND ride?

Well, at this this Ride exists in actual LEGOLAND so it still makes some sense. 

Edited by TeriXeri

Lego is just trolling us :pir_laugh2: Instead of a Sabre Island remake they tease us with those GWPs and amusement park stuff.

Does someone have a list? There was the Disney 100 train car, cast away,...

It’s actually a bit frustrating how many non pirate pirate sets we get.

Castaway, roller coaster, friends wrecked ship roller coaster, city sunken treasure ship, pirate treehouse, pirate slide, and now pirate splash zone. 

I would hazard a guess that most pirate fans were initially excited upon hearing about these sets, then instantly disappointed once they find out it’s just city pirates range. 

From what I've seen this is a pretty good representation of the attraction, though as the boats are modeled after the 4+ elements from way back they've always looked a little awkward to me. :) 

It's dissappointing that TLG isn't interested in doing a full Pirate release right now, but meanwhile these Pirate-adjacent sets are a good sign for fans. They keep the elements in active use so that they don't get retired. The set designers are on our side!

Edited by TalonCard

5 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Instead of a new dedicated space theme, Lego just releases space sets within the other themes, like city, friends, creator, dreams, classic and technic. But they all share the space logo on the box art.

I suppose they could have a sunken pirate ship in an ocean exploration or sea life rescue set, but all in all I don't necessarily know whether LEGO would do any sort of cross-theme promotion this extensive for their other classic themes. I figure the space stuff for 2024 may be meant to capitalize on hype for the NASA Artemis program's first crewed mission.

7 minutes ago, zinnn said:

Can you share the photos?

I don't know from which source stonewars got the photo and i couldn't find official ones. But if you google 'Lego 40710' you'll find it.

10 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Picture of the Pirate Splash Battle in Legoland Germany:

Oh no!  They have the dreaded 4+ hulls! :pir-oh3:

@PxChris will be mad I said that...

image.png

image.png

16 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Oh no!  They have the dreaded 4+ hulls! :pir-oh3:

@PxChris will be mad I said that...

They're so beautiful....... :pir-love:

On 12/7/2023 at 11:09 AM, thewatchman said:

It’s actually a bit frustrating how many non pirate pirate sets we get.

Castaway, roller coaster, friends wrecked ship roller coaster, city sunken treasure ship, pirate treehouse, pirate slide, and now pirate splash zone. 

I would hazard a guess that most pirate fans were initially excited upon hearing about these sets, then instantly disappointed once they find out it’s just city pirates range. 

You took the words right out of my mouth. If all of these were actually proper Pirate releases, we would be sitting pretty right now...

2 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

You took the words right out of my mouth. If all of these were actually proper Pirate releases, we would be sitting pretty right now...

Lego should understand this.

They rereleased the millennium falcon when after market prices skyrocketed.

Looking at the bnib prices of even the lamest 2009 sets, they are incredibly high, and they sell. But being their own worst enemy, lego constantly keep releasing a reddish brown small hull with a red / dark red cabin. The last 3 ships they officially released have all been near carbon copies of one another.

I tried to get my hands on one of the pirate advent calendars over the Christmas season this year and couldn’t find one that wasn’t the same price as a small house, a kidney or wanting my first born child in return for it. 

Time will tell; but it seems as of now that they don’t have faith in pirate sets selling, which is confusing considering how much money they pumped into videyo; hiddenside; and now dreamz all to mediocre receptions.

I'm not asking for a theme the size of dreamz or hidden side, but if you are gonna make pirate city sets... You can make pirate sets. It's easier to MOC when you have a something to work with. Yes, I suppose you can do the same with these city sets. But they are still lacking the proper Pirate "feel" imo. 

Heck I'm getting ready to make a few Christmas purchases for myself, and I normally want to buy as much Lego as I can. But I want Pirate parts are pieces first and foremost. Followed by Castle and then LOTR. I have EVERYTHING those themes have to offer over the last (many) years. I thought about buying the creator 3-1 ship for the 4th time, or Eldorado for the 3rd time, just to have pirate pieces to MOC with. But is it too much to ask for some sets in the lower price ranges as well? I might buy 8 of those, lol. Sometimes you don't want to spend $150, but rather $50. 

Instead I'm gonna go on BL and buy some pirate stuff I want. Yes, Lego gets a cut there as well, but I'd RATHER just buy sets. It's just easier. 

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

On one hand they have not enough faith in Pirates as a theme, but on the other hand they pump out pirate themed GWPs and sets like the water splash battle. So Lego must think there is enough interest in those sets and Pirates. Quite schizophrenic.

Unexpected, but it looks like this set has a new pirate torso print! This might bode well for future pirate releases this year; I don't think they'd do a whole new print just for a LEGOLAND set...

Yeah, mum is dressed like a pirate and wields a sabre (or maybe it's a child too). But i must say, i liked the set more when all we had was a small blurry picture and our imagination :pir_laugh2:

6 hours ago, TalonCard said:

Unexpected, but it looks like this set has a new pirate torso print! This might bode well for future pirate releases this year; I don't think they'd do a whole new print just for a LEGOLAND set... 

I do not know the budget of those sets, but definitely possible they have enough budget to pull of a torso print after all Majisto GWP even managed that :pir-laugh:
Looks like a mix of these two:
idea069.original.pngpi185.png

12 hours ago, TalonCard said:

Where have you seen it? I can't find it

24 minutes ago, CaptainMoore said:

Where have you seen it? I can't find it

Check your DMs :pir-huzzah2: