Berthil

[MOC] Excaliburburg

My first post here as it is my first Historic build. This is a remake of 70840 Welcome to Apocalypseburg into a Castle theme for a LUG competition (LowLUG, Dutch). After the dust of medieval wars has settled, all that remained were the King Arthur’s Lion Knights and the momument they had build out of the ruins.

Excalibur, King Arthur’s tomb, armory shop, blacksmith, torture room, pig farm, watch tower, archery shooting range and hidden real Excalibur is what is left. The old Kings carriage now serves as a chicken run. King Arthur has all of his fingers, Lady Liberty was missing some.

An elevator moves up and down Excalibur, the target in the shooting range moves forward and backward. The watch tower and Kings tomb are removable.

53363091164_a420c489ed_b.jpg

Video with more details:

I have created free building instruction for these 6000 parts, enjoy!
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-165470/Berthil/excaliburburg/

Edited by Berthil
Link to free instructions added.

What an awesome idea.  I really like the king and the sword.  Some nice details in here with the hidden doors and all the moving parts.  

A beatiful twist, and excellent homage to the original set. Especiallly the chain mail is golden.

Though the castle around the statue doesn't exactly look "ruined". :sceptic:

Absolutely INCREDIBLE MOC! You've managed to "medievalize" pretty much every detail of the original set—no small feat since the original set is one that's huge and packed with detail! I love the use of metallic parts for the sword, the amazing techniques for the chain mail on the large statue, the clever chain-driven lift... the list goes on and on!

Holy cow! Not only is this an amazing concept deftly executed, but that is one of the better looking large scale swords I've ever seen. Love it!