MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Minishark2000 said:

Childish landino has said that Saw has a printed cape and the droideka can roll up! Good news for once!

Droideka rolling up is massive. Greatly improves my opinion of the set. Might even have to get it, since one could say it's... more than meets the eye.

49 minutes ago, Old Master said:

Printed cape as in detail printed on the cape like the ones from Solo or a cape printed on to the figure?

We can see a cloth cape on the figure, so I'm sure he means that cape is printed. 

Posted (edited)

The Droideka being able to roll up is excellent news. Saw having a printed cape is definitely nice and not something I expected.

Edit: I just saw the picture of the large Droideka rolled up and man, that really makes me happy. There's also a picture of the minifig-scale version recreated. I do like it despite it's compromises. I would feel better about it if the back slope piece was printed with some nice detail or even included  as a sticker, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Still, I just wish they would have given us at least one specialized mold or two for the body of the thing, and also used the newish mech finger piece for the legs instead of the goofy Chima claw.

Edited by ToaDraco

Nice to hear the Droideka rolls up!
Question remains; does it also actually roll, when rolled up? :tongue: 

I'm kinda torn about the Barc Speeder Escape set. It'd be nice to have a Kelleran Beq figure and I'd really like to have the Saw Gerrera, but the builds are... medium.
The speeder looks cool but way too oversized and I have little interest in the other figures...

Regards,
Mitch

So this leaves the UCS Tie and accompanying promotions to be the last thing to visually leak for May 1 right? 

1 hour ago, Old Master said:

So this leaves the UCS Tie and accompanying promotions to be the last thing to visually leak for May 1 right? 

Yeah. And then on may 1st we’ll probably get a reveal for the June Wave. And hopefully next week, like last year, we’ll get an update on the August Wave.

I just hope there is something left from the prior wave for May the 1st, because I don't think I am getting any of the new releases! Maybe the Interceptor once I see it, but I may wait for that.

On 3/25/2024 at 4:22 PM, Minishark2000 said:

Childish landino has said that Saw has a printed cape and the droideka can roll up! Good news for once!

This is great! I was already sold on the Droideka but even better. Printed cape for Saw does help...I do want an Inflitrator (never had one, despite being a fan since the beginning). 

What are the chances of getting a P1 Rex and Cody again ? I don't know if they fit in anything since Lego doesn't do much P1 Clone stuff anymore.

43 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

What are the chances of getting a P1 Rex and Cody again ? I don't know if they fit in anything since Lego doesn't do much P1 Clone stuff anymore.

Maybe in 2028 with the 20th anniversary of The Clone Wars series?

14 minutes ago, starlego98 said:

Maybe in 2028 with the 20th anniversary of The Clone Wars series?

This would seriously have potential to be the greatest wave of sets ever.

14 minutes ago, Old Master said:

This would seriously have potential to be the greatest wave of sets ever.

Here’s what I’m thinking:

Phase 1 clone battle pack: ARF trooper, 2 clone troopers, 501st Lieutenant. Includes minifigure scale AT RT, droideka build and Red macro binoculars.

Ryloth AT TE:  Armoured Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Phase 1 commander Cody, Commander Pons, Waxer, Boil and Razer. Has a AT RT deployment play feature.

Droid Artillery: Luminara Unduli, P1 Commander Gree, Desert ARF Trooper, Updated Tactical droid and a bunch of droids.

UCS Twilight: Armoured Anakin, new seasons 1-3 Ahsoka, P1 Captain Rex, Denal, Echo, Fives and Cad Bane. (Updated Rotta the Hutt would be included.)

4 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Loved your ideas! However, they don’t belong here. Please use the Future Star Wars Thread. I’d love to read some of your other ideas, too. 

22 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Phase 1 clone battle pack: ARF trooper, 2 clone troopers, 501st Lieutenant. Includes minifigure scale AT RT, droideka build and Red macro binoculars.

Ryloth AT TE:  Armoured Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Phase 1 commander Cody, Commander Pons, Waxer, Boil and Razer. Has a AT RT deployment play feature.

Droid Artillery: Luminara Unduli, P1 Commander Gree, Desert ARF Trooper, Updated Tactical droid and a bunch of droids.

UCS Twilight: Armoured Anakin, new seasons 1-3 Ahsoka, P1 Captain Rex, Denal, Echo, Fives and Cad Bane. (Updated Rotta the Hutt would be included.)

Yes, please keep Wishlisting in the appropriate thread.

Maxbaut reports in his latest YT video that R2-KT will be a anniversary figure. It comes with the 40755 Star Wars 25th Celebration set, 383 parts, October 1.

4 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Maxbaut reports in his latest YT video that R2-KT will be an anniversary figure. It comes with the 40755 Star Wars 25th Celebration set, 383 parts, October 1.

Cool deep cut but a terrible choice for a final figure in a set. Like R2-KT would’ve been better as a Book Figure or even a May 4th promo. 

Another anniversary figure, another cool character, but just like Fives, there’s no reason this one couldn’t have been included with just about any clone wars set. These are not characters from media that don’t get a lot of set coverage like KOTOR or Jedi Fallen Order, it’s the Clone Wars. The characters are rare, but the opportunities to stick them in sets is not rare. 

7 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Cool deep cut but a terrible choice for a final figure in a set. Like R2-KT would’ve been better as a Book Figure or even a May 4th promo. 

100% agree with this. Astromechs are honestly just too similar to each other for me to be excited to get any new one anymore

Just now, Flawless Cowboy said:

Another anniversary figure, another cool character, but just like Fives, there’s no reason this one couldn’t have been included with just about any clone wars set. These are not characters from media that don’t get a lot of set coverage like KOTOR or Jedi Fallen Order, it’s the Clone Wars. The characters are rare, but the opportunities to stick them in sets is not rare. 

honestly you could just include the astromech in any starfighter that's not a main character's and it would work

6 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

100% agree with this. Astromechs are honestly just too similar to each other for me to be excited to get any new one anymore

honestly you could just include the astromech in any starfighter that's not a main character's and it would work

R2-KT could’ve been the Astromech for Jedi Bob……….

16 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

I had to look this one up, but agreed.  Hopefully the set is good otherwise.  I am not buying these sets for the anniversary figs so I probably won't have many of them (2 maybe 3).  

I like the choice of R2-KT actually. It shows that Star Wars has an impact on peoples lifes! In that regard it is probably the most powerful of the anniversary minifigures.

Every of the figs they could have chosen instead has it's pros and cons but i am fine with this one.

I hope R2 K2 doesn’t count as one of the main Anniversary figures just rather one in the anniversary set. We still need potential for Mara Jade.

2 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I hope R2 K2 doesn’t count as one of the main Anniversary figures just rather one in the anniversary set. We still need potential for Mara Jade.

Maxbaut said that Darth Maul does not really count and that R2-KT is the 6th one.

He further said that there might be 6 Minifigures in the set, 3 Stormtroopers and 3 Rebel Fleet Troopers.

2 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

He further said that there might be 6 Minifigures in the set, 3 Stormtroopers and 3 Rebel Fleet Troopers.

Wait, what? Why are there so may rebels and stormtroopers in a celebration set?

6 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Are you sure in that? 

Just now, Duke27 said:

Are you sure in that? 

He says in German "... und ich kann euch jetzt verraten, es werden wohl nicht nur R2-KT enthalten sein, sondern auch drei Stormtrooper und drei Rebellentruppler." Sounds like he's pretty certain about that.