MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Who? 

Our boy 

Spoiler

Gilly Pelleaon

3 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

The Watson to Thrawn’s Sherlock. The imp with the impeccable moustache.

I can't find it but I had this meme after the ahsoka show that came out that was a picture of thrawn and it said:

Spoiler

Friendship ended with ARINHIDA (poorly photoshopped in picture of Pryce with an x over it). Now GILLY is my best friend (poorly photoshopped picture of Pellaeon from legends)

Posted (edited)

Wondering why the leakers have been off on the ISD (figures and Death Star vs ISD). Wonder if it changed?

Edited by Lordhelmet

Lord Vader, the battle station plans are not aboard this ship, and no transmissions were made. An escape pod was jettisoned during the fighting, but no life forms were aboard.

Posted (edited)

ISD pictures are out. Really strong set overall, but I feel the Cal figure could’ve been much better. Not only is there no poncho, but he doesn’t even include BD-1! The mould was only produced 2 years ago, that’s so disappointing.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Star Destroyer leaked, only six minifigures (plus Cal) unfortunately

Not a terrible design but definitely not great imo, in particular the raised Wedge plates on the front half are pretty ugly.

ISD looks pretty good. Disappointing that the rumors of 10-12 minifigures are untrue, but 7 total figures is still more than we've been getting for most $160 sets (Yavin not withstanding), so I'll take it.

21 minutes ago, Renown said:

Lord Vader, the battle station plans are not aboard this ship, and no transmissions were made. An escape pod was jettisoned during the fighting, but no life forms were aboard.

Tantive IV playset? Unless it's another new Escape Pod set - it's been a few years since we've gotten one of those.

Also, it looks like Tarkin isn't on the star destroyer, so that Big Brother Tarkin theory could be wrong (unless it's a hint towards a January set)

I didn't notice any BD-1 in any of those set photos... Wasn't he in the trailer that first showed off Cal, though? I wonder if he's still around.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

I didn't notice any BD-1 in any of those set photos... Wasn't he in the trailer that first showed off Cal, though? I wonder if he's still around.

BD-1 definitely isn’t in the set, and yeah he was in the 25th anniversary animation which makes his absence even more annoying. After the really strong anniversary figures of March and May, I think my expectations for Cal were higher than they should have been.

Just noticed the ISD’s carry handle can be completely concealed by some opening flaps on the outer hull, that’s quite brilliant. Also loving the little holographic display depicting a space battle (I think?) in the interior.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Unless I counted wrong, this Star destroyer is 6 studs shorter than the 2014 one and probably 3 studs thinner, just FYI

Overall I like the design, the exterior looks more visually interesting than previous designs, looks like it imitates the UCS at a much smaller scale. The interior does suffer however, due to the smaller scale. Will i buy it? Maybe, it might be fun to mod a stand and underside to finish off that "Mini UCS" look, but I'll wait for a sale

Posted (edited)

''around 12 minifigures'' my *** , and the ISD is smaller than 2014 but it's 2024 so it's to be expected I guess, I'll still buy it but it's a bit of a let down

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

Have to say the mini fig selection is disappointing on the ISD.  Let  alone the drop from 11 to 6 figures, but why a Death Star gunner and Death Star trooper on a Star destroyer?  Also not getting a captain at least for the Star destroyer?  Minifigs are a huge miss on this one.  

Set looks nice, I might pick up the set from someone who is reselling it after they get the minifigs to save the money.

If we're getting pictures of the ISD now, I hope pictures of the Dark Falcon, Jedi Bob starfighter, Onyx Cinder, and X-wing/TIE fighter two-pack are coming soon.

Posted (edited)

The exterior of the ISD looks great to me. The interior is a little messy for my liking and while most of the figures are nice to have, nine of them except Cal are super desirable. Speaking of, I can't help but be a bit disappointed. He needed to have BD-1 and a poncho. Still, he looks good other than that and I don't have an ISD in my collection but have always wanted one, so it'll be nice to finally have one.

Edited by ToaDraco

46 minutes ago, Renown said:

was this referencing Dane Jir being in the set?

35 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

ISD pictures are out. Really strong set overall, but I feel the Cal figure could’ve been much better. Not only is there no poncho, but he doesn’t even include BD-1! The mould was only produced 2 years ago, that’s so disappointing.

Honestly, not a fan at all of the Cal fig here. The face doesn't really even look like him IMO. I MIGHT bricklink the torso in a year or two, but honestly I'm fine with my current custom and Survivor custom. This fig wasn't as good as it could have been at all...

7 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

Unless I counted wrong, this Star destroyer is 6 studs shorter than the 2014 one and probably 3 studs thinner, just FYI

Yeah, not worth the upgrade from the 2014 model IMO. 

Really disappointed by this set, but it saves me $160. The destroyer is alright, but not 10-years-after-the-last-one alright. I'm also trying to ignore the lowered figure count from the leak, because that's not the set's fault, but six fairly generic figs in a set of this nature is pretty tough, especially when this is by far the weakest anniversary fig in terms of design.

As per the modern norm, it’s the best looking version of the ship we’ve gotten at playscale, at the expense of play features. Previous ISDs had escape pods, working meditation chambers…this one has…what?

Unless there could be another set with 12 figs and this leak was wrong or something, how can they mess up 6 figures for 12

Maybe the Death Star playset could still come ? that Renown riddle must have meant something about Tarkin.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Honestly, not a fan at all of the Cal fig here. The face doesn't really even look like him IMO. I MIGHT bricklink the torso in a year or two, but honestly I'm fine with my current custom and Survivor custom. This fig wasn't as good as it could have been at all...

Yep. I thought I was overreacting (probably am), but it’s pretty disappointing.

A Cal figure like this would be fine if it came in a normal set alongside BD-1 and some other characters, but it just doesn’t work as an anniversary figure. Not only because previous anniversary figures have set a precedent for above-average minifigure quality, but also because being represented as an anniversary figure means a regular set based on a character / their media probably won’t ever happen anyway. Really bums me out that this is all we get after years of people clamouring for Lego to tackle the Jedi series.

My excessive complaining over a small ABS figure aside, I really want to buy the ISD just for Cal, but it just isn’t worth it. A massive set comprised of basic Imperials isn’t the most appealing when we already got the Boarding the Tantive IV set. Hopefully the other summer sets are stronger.

Edited by Kaijumeister

8 minutes ago, icm said:

If we're getting pictures of the ISD now, I hope pictures of the Dark Falcon, Jedi Bob starfighter, Onyx Cinder, and X-wing/TIE fighter two-pack are coming soon.

Is the Onyx Cinder still coming in August? I feel like we usually don't get sets that long before the release of a show, and unless I've missed something, skeleton crew is going to be christmas 2024 at the earliest.

1 minute ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Unless there could be another set with 12 figs and this leak was wrong or something, how can they mess up 6 figures for 12

I don't think it's all that unlikely that lego has been lowering the figure counts on some sets in between prelims and finalized images.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I am wondering if there were originally plans to do a Death Star set that were scrapped (maybe Yavins counterpart but sales for Yavin were not good - but really because of execution).  The minifig selection looks like it belongs in a Death Star not an ISD (Vader and stormtrooper are generic to any imperial set) but I don’t think we see the Death Star gunner or Death Star (army) trooper outside the Death Star.  The black hat crew members show up in both ISDs and the Death Star but are more visible in the Death Star than an ISD.  There should be at least one Navy officer for an ISD vs. the clearly Death Star figs.  I am wondering if we were supposed to get a Death Star set with 11-12 minifigs and they scrapped it for this instead.

i do think the model looks really nice, displayable, would have preferred a playset with 11-12 figs and then a midi scale ISD but this does look really good.

Edited by Lordhelmet

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Lordhelmet said:

I don’t think we see the Death Star gunner or Death Star (army) trooper outside the Death Star.  

I think you might be reading too much into that. For one thing, the Death Star Trooper is also frequently known as an Imperial Navy Trooper- they aren't unique to the death star by any means. (Neither is the gunner, I suppose). I assume both are simply there as imperial characters- the 2014 star destroyer had the "death star army trooper", or the navy trooper as he is also called.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think you might be reading too much into that. For one thing, the Death Star Trooper is also frequently known as an Imperial Navy Trooper- they aren't unique to the death star by any means. (Neither is the gunner, I suppose). I assume both are simply there as imperial characters- the 2014 star destroyer had the "death star army trooper", or the navy trooper as he is also called.

Fair point, technically they would be in ISDs in universe, the 2014 set at least had a captain though. Just uninspired mini fig selection.

Honestly quite disappointed with the Star Destroyer.

To begin with, I think the 2014 model was much better. For this new set the outside looks sort of like an upscaled microfighter (does that make sense? I'm talking about how the front of the ship seems quite squashed) and the interior feels a bit messy.

It also only has 7 figures vs the 12 rumored, and among those figures Cal doesn't look great and Vader is still the weird hybrid design rather than an actual ANH version. 

Literally the only things I want from this set are Praji and the new facial expression for the Imperial Crew figure. 

27 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

was this referencing Dane Jir being in the set?

Jir has 4 blue squares, full stop. This officer has four blue, two red.

Could be referencing the gift w/purchase hallway "battle pack", but we've already known about that for some time.

37 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

''around 12 minifigures'' my *** , and the ISD is smaller than 2014 but it's 2024 so it's to be expected I guess, I'll still buy it but it's a bit of a let down

Yeah, I like the model itself, but this is a laughable figure selection.

You really expect me to believe we couldn't get one named Imperial? Not Piett, not Needa, not even Ozzel. At least give us two of each trooper type, Noah's Ark style :laugh:

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think everyone's customs (both purist and otherwise) were better Cals than the actual Lego attempt, which is wild.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Renown said:

This was reported to Vader by Commander Nahdonnis Praji, which would be a nice Imperial figure to get. It could also mean the second officer would be Dane Jir. With Vader and Tarkin, that would make four pretty good figures.

It would also be crazy if you could display the Star Destroyer playset with a Midi-Scale Tantive IV and have it be in scale (kind of), and then have the option of connecting the Tantive IV playset with the Star Destroyer playset. Maybe all those connections on that set weren't just there to connect two or more of the same set; maybe it was supposed to be connected with something more. Maybe there is also a reason top of the tantive IV playset has some studs on top.

Edited by PreVizsla
Added stuff

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

This was reported to Vader by Commander Nahdonnis Praji, which would be a nice Imperial figure to get. It could also mean the second officer would be Dane Jir. With Vader and Tarkin, that would make four pretty good figures.

And this is the character Renown was referring to, with four blue squares and two red, aka the officer in this ISD. Absolutely generic face (should have used the faux-Bast head), but that's him!

Edited by ARC2149Nova