MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Huh, Fives doesn’t have arm-printing in the video (can’t believe I’m even saying something like this). Perhaps the detail of the animation doesn’t necessarily reveal everything about these new minifigures…

So you’re saying there’s a chance that Cal has some arm printing? Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope.

Posted (edited)

So we still know very little about the set Young Leia comes with right? It seems like her only new part is the torso printing which a little bit of let down compared to the other anniversary figs, still there could be more to see, maybe Lola will exist? Even a printed part like a dish or tile would be better than nothing.

10 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Love all of the new figure reveals! Super excited to see more from the Peridea set, too. Outside of this forum, the X-Wing seems to be getting very little attention as everybody seems too distracted by the figures to notice it. I screenshotted the best views of it immediately after the first time I watched the video for further studying, and it does look very good! I love the greebling on the back, and the cheese slopes around the nose should help it finally have that more accurate shaping.

Yeah I didn't see the X-wing till I saw the video whereas pretty much everything else new in  the video seemed to have screenshoted and plastered across the usual places. Though it's not only here as I did see a comment on Brickset pointing out that the X-wing appears to use click hinges on it wings to allow them to both open and be interchangeable with the Tie's wings. That is still a set that doesn't interest me though, I have the most recent Tie and X-wing anyway and have other priorities for my money both in terms of Lego and other potentially more important life things.

Edited by Agent Kallus

18 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Please no. Andor was great without lightsabers and the lack of cameos. As much as I love Cal I want Andor S2 to be its own separate thing.

I mean there was almost certainly a lightsaber that did appear in Andor… But yeah, Cal Kestis showing up obviously makes no sense, and is not a thing Tony Gilroy would do. 

3 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I mean there was almost certainly a lightsaber that did appear in Andor… But yeah, Cal Kestis showing up obviously makes no sense, and is not a thing Tony Gilroy would do. 

I don't remember this. Are you doing the "death star is a big lightsaber" bit?

8 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

So we still know very little about the set Young Leia comes with right? It seems like her only new part is the torso printing which a little bit of let down compared to the other anniversary figs, still there could be more to see, maybe Lola will exist? Even a printed part like a dish or tile would be better than nothing.

I think Lola's possible, otherwise the decision to include her just becomes more baffling. Maybe the fact that the creature sets tend not to have many new prints/molds has something to do with it?

42 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't remember this. Are you doing the "death star is a big lightsaber" bit?

I was talking about Luthen’s cylindrical object that he has when he’s searched by the partisans. Which I did forget extended out to be a staff later in the show. Which makes it less likely that it’s a lightsaber in its current configuration and probably an electrostaff instead. I stand corrected, there are probably no lightsabers in Andor, but Luthen’s staff might be his old lightsaber hilt that he retrofitted into a staff. 

Posted (edited)

I’ve been comparing the X-wing’s markings in the video with various sources. And I can confirm that that it doesn’t match the hull markings of Red 5. (Luke’s X-Wing)
2024-lego-x-wing-leak-v0-48f0gvgnwuwc1.j
In fact, if you look closely, it actually looks more like Carson Teva’s hull markings from TBOBF. Thus supporting my theory of the X-Wing vs Tie being a New Republic based set.

the-book-of-boba-fett-ch-5-story-gallery

Here’s an image of Red 5 and Red 1 for reference. As you can see Red 5’s forward stripe (closer to the nose) is much shorter than what is displayed in the tease.

1LZ225b9rzxZpZD26oCVfe-u6vRQC-GAVUimFeaH

Are there any other X-Wings that match the markings of the tease to a better degree than Carson’s? Because I fear I may be spit-balling with the Carson Teva theory. Either way the good news is that it’s definitely not Red 5. Which I believe makes it the first new X-Wing variant we’ve had since Poe’s TROS X-Wing.

Edited by CloneCommando99

9 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

In fact, if you look closely, it actually looks more like Carson Teva’s hull markings from TBOBF. Thus supporting my theory of the X-Wing vs Tie being a New Republic based set.

I SO hope you're right with this. It's the only set in the August wave I currently don't care about in the slightest, but if it actually was a Mando/TBOBF set, I'd be over the moon :excited: Maybe Renown's hint really was about Pershing instead of Tarkin, because teasing a character we've had twice before seems a tiny bit silly :grin:

19 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I’ve been comparing the X-wing’s markings in the video with various sources. And I can confirm that that it doesn’t match the hull markings of Red 5. (Luke’s X-Wing)

Huh, you're right. I just did a quick check of the older X-Wings too, and it looks like most of them have the stripe too. It's not impossible, but it'd be fairly odd to suddenly start screwing up the markings after doing it consistently for the last 25 years. 

Thanks for those screenshots. I'd be content with another Red 5, but it'll be great to have an X-wing for Carson Teva too. All the better if it means more people buy the set.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

2024-lego-x-wing-leak-v0-48f0gvgnwuwc1.j

the-book-of-boba-fett-ch-5-story-gallery

Here’s an image of Red 5 and Red 1 for reference. As you can see Red 5’s forward stripe (closer to the nose) is much shorter than what is displayed in the tease.

1LZ225b9rzxZpZD26oCVfe-u6vRQC-GAVUimFeaH

Are there any other X-Wings that match the markings of the tease to a better degree than Carson’s? Because I fear I may be spit-balling with the Carson Teva theory. Either way the good news is that it’s definitely not Red 5. Which I believe makes it the first new X-Wing variant we’ve had since Poe’s TROS X-Wing.

The red markings in both Carson’s and Luke’s ships have a grey interruption followed by another red line. In the Lego set, the interruption happens in front of the cockpit. Carson’s happens under the cockpit, while Luke’s happens closer to the nose. Also, the Lego set has the red stripe continuing under the cockpit, which doesn't match either Carson’s or Luke’s design, so I think we’re looking too deeply into this. 

The closest match I could find (red stripe interrupted by grey right in front of cockpit and then continued by red underneath the cockpit) was Biggs’, but again, I think we’re reading too much into this. 

IMG_0308.jpeg

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think Lola's possible, otherwise the decision to include her just becomes more baffling. Maybe the fact that the creature sets tend not to have many new prints/molds has something to do with it?

I mean, considering that Anniversary figures aren't related to the set subjects I think LOLA is the one character that's definitely IMpossible. If it was LOLA a Leia fig would already be included and the Anniversary fig would be someone else, like what we saw with R2 and Malak.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

I mean, considering that Anniversary figures aren't related to the set subjects I think LOLA is the one character that's definitely IMpossible. If it was LOLA a Leia fig would already be included and the Anniversary fig would be someone else, like what we saw with R2 and Malak.

No, we were discussing the possibility of a fig scaled L0LA as an accessory for young Leia, not the set being a buildable Lola.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

Not as the build, as an accessory for the figure, seeing as otherwise she seems to only have one new print when most of the other revealed figures have at least one of a new mold, cloth elements, arm printing, etc.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not as the build, as an accessory for the figure, seeing as otherwise she seems to only have one new print when most of the other revealed figures have at least one of a new mold, cloth elements, arm printing, etc.

AH, my mistake. I will say that Leia does seem to have two new prints (the eyebrows don't match any existing kid face prints so the head is almost certainly new as well), but otherwise it is quite boring - she really needed a new hair piece as the reuse from the Ghostbusters 2016 set looks pretty bad imo, not to mention the outfit colors are completely off. L0LA would at least help, though even with her this would still be a pretty crap figure (which is unfortunate, as I feel I was one of the few people actually excited for her).

Edited by TheUnusualBuilder

I somewhat think there’ll be more to Cal and Leia than what we’ve seen so far. Nothing major of course, but all the anniversary figures are a cut above the average LSW minifigure (which for the most part are already pretty fantastic). I’m sure we’ll learn more on May 4th.

Brickset has done a review of the new LEGO Star Wars - The Force of Creativity book: https://brickset.com/article/109472/review-lego-star-wars-the-force-of-creativity

It definitely sounds like a really cool book with a bunch of neat insights. I’ll definitely be looking out for discounts. The review did say that it goes in to the process behind the design and production of Star Wars sets, which could be nice to know in all of our questioning and wish-listing. 

In terms of unreleased material, aside from better looks at the B2 and 501st AT-RT constraction sets, I thought that this was the most interesting part:

“Highlights include that a Naboo Royal Starship model was created in the early 2000s, but the idea abandoned with the discontinuation of chrome elements, and that a George Lucas minifigure was considered as one of the pilots in 7665 Republic Cruiser, celebrating the 30th anniversary of Star Wars in 2007.”

13 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

a George Lucas minifigure was considered as one of the pilots in 7665 Republic Cruiser, celebrating the 30th anniversary of Star Wars in 2007.”

This is really interesting. We've seen the figure before in previous books, but I always assumed it was just a fun prototype never meant for official release.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

The red markings in both Carson’s and Luke’s ships have a grey interruption followed by another red line. In the Lego set, the interruption happens in front of the cockpit. Carson’s happens under the cockpit, while Luke’s happens closer to the nose. Also, the Lego set has the red stripe continuing under the cockpit, which doesn't match either Carson’s or Luke’s design, so I think we’re looking too deeply into this.

The closest match I could find (red stripe interrupted by grey right in front of cockpit and then continued by red underneath the cockpit) was Biggs’, but again, I think we’re reading too much into this. 

Ah. Ok. Carson’s was the only well-known enough x-wing I could find that had nose (forward hull) markings similar to the tease. I should probably never cook again.  However, upon seeing your point I continued researching the hull markings of all the different X-Wings that would warrant sets. I found none (except for a fan design of Red 7) which matched the markings of the tease almost exactly. And seeing that the X-Wing vs Tie isn’t coming with an anniversary figure, I think we can definitely rule out the possibility of it being a OT set. 

Which begs the question. Is it perhaps based on Skeleton Crew, hence why we haven’t seen the design, or a Lego original design or maybe even, and I know this is a stretch, legends? It could just as well be labelled as a New Republic X-Wing to tie-in with all the mando-verse shows and indeed include Dr Pershing, Carson Teva and the actual pilot of the fighter. (maybe Zeb?)

I’m sorry I jumped the gun on the Carson Teva X-Wing theory. At the time it was the only x-wing with screen time which matched the forward stripe lengths and gaps the closest.

4 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

I somewhat think there’ll be more to Cal and Leia than what we’ve seen so far. Nothing major of course, but all the anniversary figures are a cut above the average LSW minifigure (which for the most part are already pretty fantastic). I’m sure we’ll learn more on May 4th.

I hope so. I hope so. Cal might yet come with a poncho.

Edited by CloneCommando99

24 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I continued researching the hull markings of all the different X-Wings that would warrant sets. I found none (except for a fan design of Red 7) which matched the markings of the tease almost exactly. 

Is it possible that the X-wing is not based on any specific paint scheme, but instead includes the parts and stickers/prints to make a variety of Canon designs? The double cheese slopes on the nose should be easy to pop off and swap around, so I can see LEGO taking advantage of the new design to include a customisation element. 

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Is it possible that the X-wing is not based on any specific paint scheme, but instead includes the parts and stickers/prints to make a variety of Canon designs? The double cheese slopes on the nose should be easy to pop off and swap around, so I can see LEGO taking advantage of the new design to include a customisation element. 

Honestly, this is my thought. If this set is intended to be somewhat amassable as well (hence it not being Luke's X-Wing or Vader's TIE), it would make far more sense for the set to either be entirely random in design, or be designed to be specifically customizable.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

Brickset has done a review of the new LEGO Star Wars - The Force of Creativity book: https://brickset.com/article/109472/review-lego-star-wars-the-force-of-creativity

It definitely sounds like a really cool book with a bunch of neat insights. I’ll definitely be looking out for discounts. The review did say that it goes in to the process behind the design and production of Star Wars sets, which could be nice to know in all of our questioning and wish-listing. 

In terms of unreleased material, aside from better looks at the B2 and 501st AT-RT constraction sets, I thought that this was the most interesting part:

“Highlights include that a Naboo Royal Starship model was created in the early 2000s, but the idea abandoned with the discontinuation of chrome elements, and that a George Lucas minifigure was considered as one of the pilots in 7665 Republic Cruiser, celebrating the 30th anniversary of Star Wars in 2007.”

Man, seeing the canceled AT-RT and B2 were depressing. They look incredible! Such a massive shame that the line was canceled before they could be released.... :cry_sad:

Edited by ToaDraco

41 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Man, seeing the canceled AT-RT and B2 were depressing. They look incredible! Such a massive shame that the line was canceled before they could be released.... :cry_sad:

They were the only good thing in that whole series in my opinion 

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Oh. That’s a good point. That would be a great play-feature for kids. So is the X-Wing vs Tie going to be a army/ fleet builder with generic characters? And Renown’s tease really was just referring to Tarkin? Damn, I feel silly after all that speculation and research into it being new-republic based. It’s still probably not a movie-based set, due to the lack of anniversary figure, though.

14 minutes ago, ginja said:

They were the only good thing in that whole series in my opinion 

I mean… the Death Trooper, Scout Trooper with Speeder and Commander Cody were pretty good. But damn that AT RT would have absolutely slapped and blown all of them out of the water.

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2024 at 11:38 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Well Nien Numb is from ROTJ and is in a ROTJ set (Skiff) so maybe that info  could be wrong.

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

21 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

I was better off without this information :cry_sad:

The Nubian Royal Starship is my dream set, and with the chrome parts being long gone I guess we will never see it