MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Young Leia set is actually a Zillo Beast based off BB?

Could Young Leia be mistaken for Omega from the last few episodes in BB ?

Barely any info on that creature set, perhaps it's based on Bad Batch and the Leia is the Anniversary figure ?

42 minutes ago, saibot said:

Nice to see a fellow Irishman, could be since they also thought Nien Numb was a Weequay.

Damn, I'm getting kinda excited thinking that we could get a possible BB S3 set and Leia was mistaken for Omega.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, saibot said:

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Barely any info on that creature set, perhaps it's based on Bad Batch and the Leia is the Anniversary figure ?

Nice to see a fellow Irishman, could be since they also thought Nien Numb was a Weequay.

Damn, I'm getting kinda excited thinking that we could get a possible BB S3 set and Leia was mistaken for Omega.

Wait, did my English brain actually cook something spicy for once?!!!

I know it’s still unlikely. But Omega has been wearing white clothes, like young Leia did, throughout the entirety of season 3. It would explain all the secrecy around that set as it would, technically, be a spoiler until the very end of BBS3. The Zillo Beast fits the creature build and would likely be done at the price.

And more importantly it would mean that R2 KT, who deserves the slot more than young Leia, is the 6th anniversary figure after all. There is no way that TLG would have sanely chosen Young Leia compared to all the other figures.

However whilst a possibility, it is very unlikely as multiple reputable leakers have been reporting Young Leia. But one can dream.

Edited by CloneCommando99

I guess there's always the possibility that the initial sources of the leaks mix things up. Young Leia <> Omega; Weequay <> Nien Nunb; Throne Room (Jabba) <> Throne Room (Emperor).

We don't know if the initial information is based on pictures or set desriptions or stuff that got "lost" in a factory and the initial sources must not neccessarily be knowledgeable of Star Wars.

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I know it’s still unlikely. But Omega has been wearing white clothes, like young Leia did, throughout the entirety of season 3. It would explain all the secrecy around that set as it would, technically, be a spoiler until the very end of BBS3. The Zillo Beast fits the creature build and would likely be done at the price.

actually i believe it 

Posted (edited)

Also the weird thing is what we mean by "anniversary minifigure"? According to Lego website we get 6 of anniversary minifigure, probably they don't count Maul because he has not the anniversary baseplate. But according to Brickclicker R2-KT has this baseplate. So why we don't cound the droid as the 7th minifigure? Just because a droid is in limited set? Well, new a new droids carrier is also limited one, but it's still part of anniversary and even has a printed anniversary brick.

upd: according to Max Baute (Promobricks) R2-KT is the 6th anniversary minifigure ( from 28 march) 

Edited by Duke27

19 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

upd: according to Max Baute (Promobricks) R2-KT is the 6th anniversary minifigure ( from 28 march) 

Like you said, that was nearly a month ago. We didn't know about Nien at the time. The going theory seems to be that the figures are Malak, Fives, Saw, Cal, Young Leia, and Nien Nunb, with Maul and R2-KT as limited edition figures/sets and therefore not part of the marketed count.

I don't think it's Omega instead of young leia. For one thing, it'd be weird to do a Bad Batch set with no figs besides Omega. Second, a lot of sources have been saying young leia for awhile now, and it's ALWAYS been that she's an anniversary figure. Third, and most importantly-

Spoiler

this zillo beast idea is relying on bad batch spoilers- I haven't seen the episode yet, by the way, and I'm sure many others haven't either, so can we please try to use spoilers for the literal day of release of the episode at least? - and I can't see lego just doing a giant buildible zillo beast with an omega figure as a set. They'd have to have been developing it for some time before this episode came out.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

with Maul and R2-KT

I just don't see any reasons to not count R2-KT as a regular anniversary minifigure, but we will see.

Edited by Duke27

I really want a Republic Armor Crosshair, now that we have the holes in the helmet for the rangefinder, perhaps a microfighter BB shuttle with Crosshair is the only way or a turbo tank with him, I also wonder when will we get Wolffe, he was on that game thing with Rex and Fox even though that could not mean anything, hopefully 2025 we get Wolffe.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Third, and most importantly-

Reveal hidden contents

this zillo beast idea is relying on bad batch spoilers- I haven't seen the episode yet, by the way, and I'm sure many others haven't either, so can we please try to use spoilers for the literal day of release of the episode at least? - and I can't see lego just doing a giant buildible zillo beast with an omega figure as a set. They'd have to have been developing it for some time before this episode came out.

Pretty sure they mean the Zillo beast from last season.

Posted (edited)

Still annoys me that the unknown set is a creature build when we're already getting buildable Artoo, buildable Threepio, and buildable Droideka, especially when this creature build supposedly occupies a fairly high price point too. If it's something that does include minifigures to interact with, I suppose my opinion would improve. Unless of course it's a UCS Oggdo Bogdo.

Hopefully we'll get more firm summer set details soon, even DREAMZzz's August set pictures are already out, even though that's obviously non-licensed stuff.

Edited by Kaijumeister

25 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Yeah. I haven’t seen the most recent episode. I was just saying that it could be a tie-in S2 Zillo beast. Also I don’t remember any Leakers saying that Young Leia (or Omega) was the only figure in that set. I might have missed or forgotten that detail though.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think it's Omega instead of young leia. For one thing, it'd be weird to do a Bad Batch set with no figs besides Omega. Second, a lot of sources have been saying young leia for awhile now, and it's ALWAYS been that she's an anniversary figure. Third, and most importantly-

Reveal hidden contents

Yes. I know. I was just stating my outlandish theory of mine when I saw other people theorise that @Renown’s 1984 quote was referring to a crosshair figure, i realised that the Young Leia set is probably the set we know the least about and therefore that would be where a Crosshair minifigure would most likely end up. I admit that I may have gotten carried away with my theory. So my apologies to anyone who may have also got carried away with my outlandish idea.

My actual logical prediction for Renown’s 1984 quote is that one of the officers in the Death Star playset is ISB. However as @Classic_Spaceman rightfully reminded me there were only two ISB officers on the Death Star. (Yularen and his companion in the elevator scene) Therefore I theorise that the 1984 quote refers to either a updated Yularen (with a black cap to differentiate him from his may 4th figure variant) or a generic ISB officer (either based on his companion or just a random ISB officer from Andor because nerdy kids, like my younger self, will just think “Yay! ISB officer.”)

I hope that clears things up. And I also hope that I didn’t cause any disinformation with my Bad Batch theory. Once again, apologies if I did.

2 hours ago, Duke27 said:

I just don't see any reasons to not count R2-KT as a regular anniversary minifigure, but we will see.

How about her not even being a minifigure in the first place? :tongue: TLG have started to only use the term "minifig" for actual minifigs, all the others are called "figures" (like "droid figure")

13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

TLG have started to only use the term "minifig" for actual minifigs, all the others are called "figures" (like "droid figure")

It's a good point

21 hours ago, Renown said:

Still going, sadly. 

Good!! 👍

5 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

The Zillo Beast fits the creature build and would likely be done at the price.

I would love a Zillo, but I feel like it is unlikely (especially since we have not gotten any of the arena creatures, Boga since 2005, or a Rancor in about a decade). That said, the new 3x3 curved limb pieces from the new Dreamzzz sets would work nicely for a Zillo’s limbs. 🤔

As for Renown’s hint, the options are either a character who was brainwashed or a character from “Big Brother” (the ISB); of these, ISB Yularen in the Death Star seems to be the most likely. Republic (or updated Imperial) Crosshair would be fantastic, but I am not sure where he would fit (unless LEGO makes him an anniversary ‘fig, but even that seems unlikely). 

On 4/23/2024 at 1:56 AM, Renown said:

Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

Just thinking out loud, I wonder if this could be about Anakin's transformation to Darth Vader?
If it is, it could mean we are getting the Darth Vader's transformation like the 2017 set 75183 or maybe Palpatine's arrest? It could be the internal struggle or actual struggle and in both cases "Big Brother" is Palpatine. 
Could the Death Star playset have some kind of a transforming playfeature even though the transformation didn't happen inside of the Death Star?
The only other possibility is Crosshair maybe in something like a Republic Shuttle and his team where he made the quote about him being willing to do what needs to be done, but then again that might be too violent of a scene for LEGO.

Would you even say if we are on the right track?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Duke27 said:

Aside from droid figures not usually being counted as minifigures anymore (at least literally speaking- they still take up slots), R2-KT doesn't seem to be coming in a standard set, but rather some sort of special anniversary set.

6 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

That would make sense

Spoiler

just an odd coincidence that it's the same day it finally reappears.

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Just thinking out loud, I wonder if this could be about Anakin's transformation to Darth Vader?

I'm pretty doubtful that it means that. Renown usually hints at new stuff, not things we've had before.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I guess any hopes I had for an E1 Faamba will need to be kept alive a little longer.  I had hoped that a large creature build in the E1 25th year would be spot on.

Here's another random idea about Renown's latest tease (glad you're still with us!) - what if it's not about brainwashing or 1984, but, focusing on the Big Brother part, just more literally about brothers? If so, that could potentially refer to:

• Savage and Maul (literal brothers, and the episode that brought Maul back was called "Brothers")
  • Waxer/Boil/Numa (with Nerra meaning Brother)
  • Something Inquisitor related (Marrok helmet bust? This one is a bit of a stretch though)
  • A tease towards another Young Jedi Adventures set - one of the episodes is named "Big Brother's Bounty." It could also hint at the new character from the episode, Ansen Strung, who's a Dowutin (same species as Ninth Sister). Or, the bounty from that episode, a Burowga (which looks like a hybrid of an axolotl and Appa from ATLA). This is also probably out there though. 

Unless if "sadly" is also supposed to be a clue as well - harkening back to the "gin-soaked tears"? So, something else with Qui-gon Gin? Just a general warning to keep our expectations in check about an upcoming set, so we're not sad?

...Or maybe I'm just completely off my rocker, and it's simply something ISB-related. Though, based on the context of the quote, I'm feeling more like it's about Doctor Pershing than Yularen.

Though, one other thought: Renown seemed to know about the Jedi Bob set as long ago as November (nine months before release), so this could even be a hint at a January 2025 set.

57 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Though, based on the context of the quote, I'm feeling more like it's about Doctor Pershing than Yularen.

While I agree that the context points more towards Pershing, I am just not sure where he would appear. 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

While I agree that the context points more towards Pershing, I am just not sure where he would appear. 

Advent Calendar :laugh:

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm pretty doubtful that it means that. Renown usually hints at new stuff, not things we've had before.

Oh... 
Would he even say anything if someone solves his riddle?

12 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Oh... 
Would he even say anything if someone solves his riddle?

No. Renown works in mysterious ways. He pops in, drops vague hints, and leaves :laugh: He principally doesn‘t follow up on it

On 4/24/2024 at 12:11 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Since the only images that leakers could have seen would be the box art, there is a chance that Rex has a new head (without bandage), so possibly not exactly the same as in the Venator. 

That's of course possible. However, the leak in the usual place specifically mentions his having the same head, and both Brick Clicker and Promobricks have now reported on it as well.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No. Renown works in mysterious ways. He pops in, drops vague hints, and leaves :laugh: He principally doesn‘t follow up on it

What a tease.

I figured it out. Quote from 1984 is about a character called Winston Smith. George Orwell’s novel 1984 was brought to television and starred Peter Cushing as Winston Smith. Peter Cushing also played Moff Tarkin. 

Edited by PreVizsla