Jefry Been

[MOC] RAILWAY KEEPER'S HOUSE

Hi all LEGO Fans!

We all know that Lego makes great trains. But what about the railway infrastructure: railway stations, crossings, signal boxes, sheds, etc. There's a bit of a lack of sets here after the golden 90s, agree?
 I decided to start a small - I submitted my work “RAILWAY KEEPER'S HOUSE” to LEGO IDEAS. Not a single railway line is complete without this important and beautiful building.

The model cosists of 1860 parts, one minifigure and one dog)

So If you liked my MOC, join my dream of making this set a reality for hundreds or even thousands of Lego railway workers:) You can vote using the link:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/32ec66e9-ab48-40c1-ab58-ddfa67caea08

P.S. Dedicated to my Grandfather, a railway worker!

53302521065_5b32ec5e98_k.jpg

53298599431_494f195a22_k.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/2pdamtT

https://flic.kr/p/2pcPfHv

https://flic.kr/p/2pcPfJc

https://flic.kr/p/2pd98Ma

https://flic.kr/p/2pd7Uhz

IMG_20231016_094336_552

Edited by JopieK
Fix images please!

4 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Nicely done

Wow, thanks a a lot, especeally glad to read it from Railbricks Ambassador. That was a wonderful journal)

I would much appreciate if you were able to share this Signal Box somewhere else to show it to more Lego train fans.

8 hours ago, ivanlan9 said:

Sweet.

Supported.

Thank you for comment and for your vote!

1 hour ago, GoHabsGo said:

Very nice  ! I'll support it right now

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!)

15 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Just one word: WONDERFUL! :wub_drool:

I'm happy you like it! Thanks)

2 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

This looks incredible! What are the roof tiles made of?

Thanks! The roof is - Fabuland Roof Support Slope, 6 x 2 (Item No: 787c05 on BL)

Just +1 to Karma I think)) 

Beyondthebrick shared my IDEAS 💡

2 hours ago, Jefry Been said:

<snip>

Thanks! The roof is - Fabuland Roof Support Slope, 6 x 2 (Item No: 787c05 on BL)

<snip>

.... and there goes the chance of this ever becoming a real LEGO set via Ideas .....

On 11/3/2023 at 3:40 PM, Phil B said:

.... and there goes the chance of this ever becoming a real LEGO set via Ideas .....

Wouldn't say so. If the last Ideas sets show us one thing, then clear that the original submit and the final set must not look like the same 😉

5 hours ago, Pelzer117 said:

Wouldn't say so. If the last Ideas sets show us one thing, then clear that the original submit and the final set must not look like the same 😉

I would agree. While that roof would not be produced, there are plenty of other ways to get a similarly interesting roof and the lego designers have latitude to do so

On 11/5/2023 at 2:17 AM, Pelzer117 said:

You are damn right! Ha-ha)) Hope the main building structure will be harder to change. 

Love it. 

I thought it looked familiar, but I see you upgraded your previous submission. Good it has a switch now. The ballasting looks a bit odd due to the spacing. but other than that it is wonderful.

2 hours ago, spruce said:

Supported! I love the roof, what parts are you using?

See further up the thread. They are old Fabuland parts not used since the 1990's at least. There are lots of things like this - old prints, non-available color / parts combos, ancient parts and so on in this project. All this means, even if it reached 10,000 votes, it would most likely make an automatic "no". Designers redoing projects on there own time for reasons unknown is one thing (such as Steamboat Willie) - forcing them to redo an entire project basically because it's impossible otherwise has got to be a factor in their thought process. It has to be.

...and before anyone says "The Orient Express did it, we can do it too!" We know for a fact that set is licensed to a company, and that company may have shouldered some of the costs. Also, to be frank, the Orient Express is a named, famous train featured in several movie, tv shows and probably video games too. Finally, signal boxes in my country of USA (and most probably outside Europe as well) looked nothing like this. So you have to account for regional splintering of the "typical" design as well.

Sorry if this post offends / bothers anyone, it was not my intent... I'm also not trying to a downer-type person, I'm trying to be realistic. (I actually bit my tongue when the thread was created, but I feel now I must say the above statements.)

Edited by Murdoch17

16 hours ago, spruce said:

Supported! I love the roof, what parts are you using?

Thank you so much! The roof is an old Fabuland part (Item No: 787c05 on Bricklink)

On 11/13/2023 at 4:24 PM, Man with a hat said:

Love it. 

I thought it looked familiar, but I see you upgraded your previous submission. Good it has a switch now. The ballasting looks a bit odd due to the spacing. but other than that it is wonderful.

Hi! Thanks) That is not an upgrade but all new Signal Box, also based on a real one. I have prepared a third one on winter theme, stay tuned!)

14 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

See further up the thread. They are old Fabuland parts not used since the 1990's at least. There are lots of things like this - old prints, non-available color / parts combos, ancient parts and so on in this project. All this means, even if it reached 10,000 votes, it would most likely make an automatic "no". Designers redoing projects on there own time for reasons unknown is one thing (such as Steamboat Willie) - forcing them to redo an entire project basically because it's impossible otherwise has got to be a factor in their thought process. It has to be.

...and before anyone says "The Orient Express did it, we can do it too!" We know for a fact that set is licensed to a company, and that company may have shouldered some of the costs. Also, to be frank, the Orient Express is a named, famous train featured in several movie, tv shows and probably video games too. Finally, signal boxes in my country of USA (and most probably outside Europe as well) looked nothing like this. So you have to account for regional splintering of the "typical" design as well.

Sorry if this post offends / bothers anyone, it was not my intent... I'm also not trying to a downer-type person, I'm trying to be realistic. (I actually bit my tongue when the thread was created, but I feel now I must say the above statements.)

Thank you for comment