TheBrickPal

Animal Crossing 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Karalora said:

That is true. It just seems weird not to have the player character represented at all.

It's a little weird, but from what I can tell it seems like a lot of Animal Crossing merch focuses mainly on the animal characters.

13 minutes ago, Karalora said:

That is true. It just seems weird not to have the player character represented at all.

I think it's because the player character is essentially the player themselves, and it's more immersive if you are the player character when playing with these sets.

I'm just spitballing, though.

I can understand them holding off on the player for now. The animals all have specific designs, with basic hat and torso variations, so it's easier to start with them.

The player on the other hand is meant to be completely customizable, and if they go with molded heads to match the animals then they're basically committing to putting out a plethora of new parts (heads in all the skin tones, new hair pieces with color variations). I wouldn't be surprised if they saved the player for a cmf series as that would be a good way to provide a decent selection of options to customize your player avatar.

Edited by strangely

10 hours ago, TheBrickPal said:

I have a feeling it will just be Isabelle and Tom Nook. We don't even have a Digby minifigure yet. I would love to see him at some point, though!

7 hours ago, Karalora said:

Maybe the Brickheadz will be the human villagers, one male-presenting and one female-presenting. That would be the best way to enable customization of hairstyle, etc. without having to produce a slew of new parts.

Yeah, I think with the BrickHeadz, Isabelle, Tom Nook and Male/Female are the most likely options. Anyone else I’d be surprised

2 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

I don't think that there is enough difference between the different genders of villagers to have it be worth making two different sets - not to mention all of the different skin tones/hair styles that could be included.

Umm what? Not sure if you’ve ever played AC but these are arguably the most iconic player character designs and there is a huge difference between Male and Female

06C1D5EC-8283-4247-9C18-3CA7875B689E.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Bobdapeach said:

Umm what? Not sure if you’ve ever played AC but these are arguably the most iconic player character designs and there is a huge difference between Male and Female

I've played Population: Growing on the Gamecube, City Folk on the Wii, dabbled with New Leaf on the 3DS, and New Horizons on the Switch, fully paying off my house and completing the museum in all of them except New Leaf. Heck, I even have Amiibo Festival, and I even have the villager Smash Bros amiibo on my desk at home. Yes, I know what the human villagers look like.

Again, look at past Brickheads (as I mentioned in my originals comment) that focus on making a custom character. Both the Barcelona Go Brick Me and the original Go Brick Me focus on creating your own human looking characters. Both genders are "included" in the pack, and parts for different hair styles and outfits are included. This means that you don't have to buy "masculine Go Brick Me" or "feminine Go Brick Me" - the basic shape of these characters (and most "human" Brickheads) are the same. The only exception to this are the Wedding Brickheads, though those were broken up so that one could more easily buy two Grooms, for example.

Compare that with most other Brickheads (especially those basic on creatures, like Sonic or Tails). They are meant to look like just one character, and many include specialized builds to look more like those characters. Tails, for example has his... Well, tails. Tom Nook would probably have his nose, and possibly a bushy tail. Isabelle has her hair and ears. They're trying to adapt more complicated and specialized shapes, which means each one gets their own designated Brickhead. The Villagers, at their core, are basic shapes that don't require any specialized parts, and, based on past trends, would probably come as one set.

5 hours ago, Karalora said:

I think becuase you are the player with Lego Animal Crossing? You control / play Animal Crossing sets the way you play Animal Crossing games. 

51 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I think becuase you are the player with Lego Animal Crossing? You control / play Animal Crossing sets the way you play Animal Crossing games. 

I speculated as much earlier.

11 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I speculated as much earlier.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s weird that there is no player character in Lego Animal Crossing theme. 

I can see them doing a male and female minifig if they ever do a cmf series, but i don’t expect them to be in a set. Although the player characters are super recognizable (but hard to make because of their modularity in the game), i think they just go for the animals. 
Maybe i’d rather even see them making new molds for insects, fish, sea creatures and fruit (looking at you pear!) than the villager character that i can’t customize to be me. 
Ah, who am i kidding, i want the player villagers as well :-/

It feels weird to me. Designing/customizing your player and house is a core component of the franchise. I mean, if the idea is that the builder is the player, it's kind of strange that if you go into Nook's store you can't buy the furniture for your house, if they add a Able Sisters shop you can't buy the clothes for yourself, if they add the salon you can't do your own hair and so on. Having a player minifigure gives you the ability to interact with all these things in the same way as the games, it acts as your avatar for roleplay.

Too, the player designs are fairly iconic in their own right, so it just makes it even weirder that they're not present. I hope they add it in a following wave, the theme just feels incomplete to me without it.

Edited by strangely

Honestly gonna go against the grain and say the lack of the player character is a good thing.

Only so much budget, the human villager would be a waste, its not gonna look like *your* custom villager anyway. 

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Honestly gonna go against the grain and say the lack of the player character is a good thing.

Only so much budget, the human villager would be a waste, its not gonna like *your* custom villager anyway. 

This…

14 minutes ago, Lion King said:

This…

Agreed. You see humans every day and in just about every other theme. I'd honestly prefer it if the focus were exclusively on the animals.

7 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Agreed. You see humans every day and in just about every other theme. I'd honestly prefer it if the focus were exclusively on the animals.

Cuteness overload.

On 10/11/2023 at 6:59 AM, Agent Kallus said:

Double yeah.

I'll Triple Yeah this. Animal crossing is cute and I'm glad the sets are coming, but I'm not planning on buying any...unless froggy chair is included in one, in which case I'll buy roughly 1500 copies. 

If there are a cardboard camping tent in Lego

7624-1_1.jpg

Why Lego has chosen that ugly brick made one? 

I have seen the videogame cover and the tent is like this but in yellow 

On 10/14/2023 at 2:45 PM, Black Falcon said:

Doors, Windows and the tree trunk

The windows are a bit weird, but it's a new solution for simple buildings 

But the fact that you attach them by the outside is an strange building technic 

18 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

I like that it's brick built and not cloth. It feels more Lego to me. My personal preference only of course.

I plan to earn bells pretty fast so i can buy me a house.

29 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

The tent is then just a memory

17 hours ago, El Garfio said:

If there are a cardboard camping tent in Lego

Probably because of sizing. The cardboard tent is pretty big in comparison to the brick-built version, and TLG likely didn't feel it necessary to produce a new size.

One advantage of the brick-built tent is that it can be "folded" open, allowing easier access to the interior. Brick-built is also more durable for little kids to play with without crumpling or creasing a fabric tent cover.

I have seen this from EllieV

DP7Zrtr.jpg

TEvysPc.jpg

V9yz8WX.jpg

And it looks fantastic and more close to the videogame than the official sets

How do you estimate the price of a set like this could be according to actual standards of lego?

1 hour ago, El Garfio said:

I have seen this from EllieV and it looks fantastic and more close to the videogame than the official sets

I imagine that's the sort thing we'd have gotten had they gone for dioramas over playsets.

1 hour ago, El Garfio said:

How do you estimate the price of a set like this could be according to actual standards of lego?

Given the size and the license I'd guess around £80, if not more.

33 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Given the size and the license I'd guess around £80, if not more.

Which is probably a bit too steep for Animal Crossing players who want to take an expeditionary dip into LEGO.