THELEGOBATMAN

LEGO Ninjago 2024 Rumours and Discussion

4 hours ago, PaleozoicBricks said:

I think if lego focused on making villain for the full year it would help a lot. When i dropped out of ninjago in around 2015, I think the splitting of HY really helped that. It was hard to be as attached to villains like I was with the serpentine. Also there is the march wave to look forward too. But I am in agreement. I want to see this faction continue one into 2HY.

Agreed- I wish we got more villain builds too. The sets were a lot more fun to me when the Ninja were going up against what felt like a serious threat- all the snake vehicles throughout 2012 really made the vehicles we did get pop. But that's maybe the nostalgia in me talking, haha.

Was looking closer at those side builds in the sets, dark blue rocks, black trees with magenta leaves , makes for an interesting color scheme, and hope the Dragonstone Temple has something like that too.

As for the current sets before the March wave, only Sora's Mech stands out to me (and it helps Sora is a very new character that hasn't been seen for 10+ years so it's fresh to me still)

I do like Cole's Mech build as well though but mainly because I have a soft spot for Lava monsters (from coming back into LEGO in 2016 Nexo Knights had similar parts/colored monsters then)

Edited by TeriXeri

20 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Half year. Took me a while to figure it out too.

Yeah. But terms like 1HY and 2HY tend to be helpful when describing the two main "waves" of releases for a typical theme, since using terms like summer and winter wave can lead to confusion between northern and southern hemisphere users, where the seasons are reversed.

Villain builds and minifigures are always my favorites. How many fire dragons can exist before they aren’t exciting anymore? How many green ninja suits can be designed before they all start to look the same? Yet here we are 13 years later with new villains that are different from everything else that’s come before! I do wish the set designers spent more of the budget on villain vehicles specifically, but I guess ninja cars sell better amongst the kids.

Speaking of what sells, has anyone else noticed a lack of Ninjago sets on shelves recently? In my part of the US, Targets only ever carry a handful of Ninjago sets if any, and Walmart isn’t much better. The Lego Stores usually have the most recent wave. Am I reading into this too much? Are stores not moving as much Ninjago as they once were? 

Big set is called “tournament temple city” 

source - brickmerge. 

Wonder what it could be! I definitely think that this is connected to the “different arenas” mentioned in some interviews (I think it was with duckbricks). This definitely seems like something name dropped in the series that will come back later on. Very excited to see what it is. Part of me hopes it’s modular, “city” and all. Also if not I hope it’s on a big mountain. High up, like shintaro.

1 hour ago, Rolyat24 said:

Villain builds and minifigures are always my favorites. How many fire dragons can exist before they aren’t exciting anymore? How many green ninja suits can be designed before they all start to look the same? Yet here we are 13 years later with new villains that are different from everything else that’s come before! I do wish the set designers spent more of the budget on villain vehicles specifically, but I guess ninja cars sell better amongst the kids.

The thing about common set concepts like dragons or mechs or cars is that every one is likely to be some kid's first. Since Ninjago sets usually retire within two or so years, redoing popular set concepts helps to ensure that new fans can get to experience that sort of set for the first time. It's the same reason Batmobiles or X-Wings or Hulkbusters keep being made in other themes. It's really only long-term fans who get tired of that sort of subject matter, and the kid audience makes up a much bigger part of Ninjago's audience (and Lego's audience overall).

Personally while I'm a fan of villain builds, I don't necessarily long for the days of a full year of the same faction. Back in the day by the time the second wave of Serpentine sets came out I'd already pretty much had my fill of the relatively similar Serpentine vehicle builds. In general I'd rather have one or two really good villain sets per faction than so many that they start to blend together.

While we haven't gotten much from this wave's new faction yet, I feel like last year's Imperium villains did a pretty good job with several mid-size builds and many small side builds—enough to establish their feel and aesthetic without wearing out their welcome. I feel like these current villains might get close enough to that point if they have some decent builds in the March wave of sets.

10 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Big set is called “tournament temple city” 

source - brickmerge. 

Wonder what it could be! I definitely think that this is connected to the “different arenas” mentioned in some interviews (I think it was with duckbricks). This definitely seems like something name dropped in the series that will come back later on. Very excited to see what it is. Part of me hopes it’s modular, “city” and all. Also if not I hope it’s on a big mountain. High up, like shintaro.

It's really interesting to get a set at over $200 that seems to be only linked to a specific season. The only time that something like this happend was with the Temple of Airjitzu, and that one was $50 cheaper and also with over 1000 less pieces.

What I'd want from this is the full Tournament ninja suit line up, with also the main antagonists of the season (Ras, Cinder, Jordana and maybe some new Villains that we don't know about yet). So basically an all in one set, which should be the case for a set at that price. 

I

Tournament Temple city could maybe be Chen's temple from Season 4. 
And include all the elemental masters?

Really glad to see another Ninjago D2C based on a specific season.

Ninjago City expansions are fantastic, but it's a good idea to give us something completely different from time to time.

Looks like this year will be fantastic for bigger location builds — Shadow Dojo, Dragonstone Temple, Tournament Arena Battle, and Tournament Temple City.

Interested to learn what that Tournament is — three Summer sets reference it.

So went to see if there was a new mech short on Lego's channel and I found this. Spoiler tagged as it shows what looks like a grown up Riyu

Spoiler

Updates for March sets:

In addition to Arin and a Wolf Mask Warrior, the Baby Riyu set also comes with Sora.

Arin's Buggy includes Cinder instead of Jordana.

Dragonstone Temple doesn't include Garmadon, but we get Euphrasia (new Master of Wind) and Lord Ras.

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Updates for March sets:

In addition to Arin and a Wolf Mask Warrior, the Baby Riyu set also comes with Sora.

Arin's Buggy includes Cinder instead of Jordana.

Dragonstone Temple doesn't include Garmadon, but we get Euphrasia (new Master of Wind) and Lord Ras.

Also you forgot to add that the kai's climbing mech instead of the 2 wolf  worriors includes Jordana with a glider now.

We also have some extra details on the bulids from the site that this comes from.

I wasn't sure on if i'd get Egalt or not, but now I don't think I'd get it. Since I mostly wanted it for the minifigures. Now Nya I could get from the dragon strike set, and Lloyd will probably be in a magazine. Like the bulid of Egalt is really nice, but it's like $60 at max. 

The fact that the Dragon stone temple includes Euphrasia instead of Garmadon is better for me personally,and now I'm considering getting it,Off course if the bulid is appealing for me, which from the descriptions it really seems like it.

I'could get the Arin's buggy now. Jordana was the only thing holding me from getting it, since I'd have her from the Kai's fire mech. The price of it feels terrible for now, but I would like to collect as many vehicles for the new ninja, and I do love the ninjago race cars.

And Riyu also is more appealing for me now. But in that set I was interested before, so that doesn't really change that much.

I was uncertain on if I'd get the Climber mech before, but now I don't think I'd get it.

I still have no idea which Winter sets I'm getting. Really need to see the March ones, as it'll either be:

Egalt, Jay's Mech and Riyu OR Dragonstone Temple OR Shadow Dojo (plus a Dragon Strike gimmick, depends which one tho on the set(s) I choose).

Finally got around to building the sets.

I'm glad the Ninjas aren't repeated over the first wave, and when they appear in more than one set, they get Variants. (Master Lloyd, and the recoloured hoods for Nya and Kai, hair and half mask for Sora.)

Just wish they gave us a bit more of the dark blue hooded Wolf Clan figure. Only in 2 sets until March, whereas the full mask member appears in all but two sets, giving us 7 of him.

Perhaps one of the two £18 mechs could have had a hooded member over a masked member, and Kai's mech the same to give us 4 and 5 of each.

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Euphrasia (new Master of Wind) 

Yes!! That also explains who was said to be making their first Minifig appearance in the DuckBricks video. 

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Next magazine after the wolf warrior is DR season 1 jay.

That's weird, switching to an older season right after including a minifigure from a new one.

Well, I hope the next ones are Nya and Cole, just for the sake of completing the S1 Ninja (and also because those are the only ones I don't have, which is annoying :tongue:).

I’m surprised we still haven’t seen the March sets, considering we’re just over a month out. Hopefully that means any day now! I’m really looking forward to seeing that Dragonstone Temple!

18 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

I’m surprised we still haven’t seen the March sets, considering we’re just over a month out. Hopefully that means any day now! I’m really looking forward to seeing that Dragonstone Temple!

Agreed, im so hyped to see the temple and buggy, and I also want to ask Toothdominos if he designed the climbing Kai mech and also is it considered part of the Titan mech series? Because I feel like it’s too small for a Titan mech, however we would get the full complete wave of Titan mechs with Cole’s in the summer then. 

4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Agreed, im so hyped to see the temple and buggy, and I also want to ask Toothdominos if he designed the climbing Kai mech and also is it considered part of the Titan mech series? Because I feel like it’s too small for a Titan mech, however we would get the full complete wave of Titan mechs with Cole’s in the summer then. 

Is Nya’s Samurai X mech from 2022 considered a “Titan” mech? It’s the right size but the wrong color scheme (and features Nya’s only non-ninja suit in years). I’d be content with it acting as her Titan mech, but I’d also be interested to see a more official one for her. 

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's weird, switching to an older season right after including a minifigure from a new one.

Well, I hope the next ones are Nya and Cole, just for the sake of completing the S1 Ninja (and also because those are the only ones I don't have, which is annoying :tongue:).

Those are also the only ones that I don't have. But I doubt that we will get more s1 minifigures, like this is the usuall time that they switch the minifigures from one season to the other. Like if the Jay was before the Wolf Worrior it would'v been exactly like the transition from one wave to the other usually looks like in the magazines. But maybe it actually won't be the case, like that Jay is completely breaking the usuall magazine rules.

3 hours ago, mantax said:

Those are also the only ones that I don't have. But I doubt that we will get more s1 minifigures, like this is the usuall time that they switch the minifigures from one season to the other. Like if the Jay was before the Wolf Worrior it would'v been exactly like the transition from one wave to the other usually looks like in the magazines. But maybe it actually won't be the case, like that Jay is completely breaking the usuall magazine rules.

Yeah, my hopes are based purely on the fact that for some reason they chose to include a S1 Ninja right after a S2 minifigure.

I don't think it has ever happened in a Ninjago magazine, so they might as well give us all the other Ninja.

5 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

Is Nya’s Samurai X mech from 2022 considered a “Titan” mech? It’s the right size but the wrong color scheme (and features Nya’s only non-ninja suit in years). I’d be content with it acting as her Titan mech, but I’d also be interested to see a more official one for her. 

I’m pretty sure it was confirmed that they designed Nyas mech to be a Titan mech, and didn’t really know it was going to be the samurai X mech until the last minute, so they added some bits onto it (I’m assuming that’s why the big red X looks a bit slapped on). 

Zane has leaked for the next season/wave, coming from a video posted by “midway mayhem”. About Ninjago legoland, at 7:14 he’s on a poster on a wall (meet Ninjago hero’s), looks like sleeveless, dragon’s scales on the torso, white half mask and a new armour piece, similar to season 11 but in the opposite side now. Most similar to those seen in the mech shorts.