THELEGOBATMAN

LEGO Ninjago 2024 Rumours and Discussion

Wow, very surprising things here.

The tournament arena looked small to me at first, but I think it has a good amount of depth and density to make up for it. I also really like the statue in the middle and the large gong. The minifigs are really good, Tox's new outfit looks great and I love how over the top the new wolf warriors are! Really makes them look like a threat.

The combo vehicle is the worst execution of the concept yet, and I'm already not a huge fan of the others. The bikes are just tacked on to the sides, and the sleek shaping of the whole thing is ruined by the comically tall treads on the sides. Sora's flyer is also pathetic, and I think it's funny that the 'general' looks far less impressive than the generic warrior. Thankfully, there's no super interesting figures here, so it's a pass for me.

Cole's mech looks amazing! I'm so glad to see lego make a super posable mech for display rather than play, and for that reason the lack of figures doesn't bother me at all. Why would you need other figures to display this set?  Seriously, this looks massive and spectacular, my only qualm is that cole is exposed.

Seeing these three sets, it makes me realize the only sets with named villains will be the dragon and the arena, which is very strange, but I guess it makes it easier to collect them all I suppose. As of right now, I'm very interested in the arena and the mech. Can't wait to see the dragon!

I'm honestly surprised that TLG remember Tox since the theme she debuted in (Ultra Agents) happened an entire decade ago.

On a side note, I just love the new wolf warrior variants, they just looks so cool!

Ngl Amazon's photos really clarified some questions
I was thinking that new shatterspin claw base is like plain red (renderers made it look so) but it's actually transparent, and mech looks very great even with one fig - might be not as bad deal as it seemed maybe?

I've noticed more things about Cole's mech that are just so cool. It uses 4 ball joints for the knees, and 2 pistons on each ankle to make sure it's as strong as possible ,and it seems the pistons are attached to the shins with mini ball joints so that the ankles can rotate. The knees have these kneepads that slide in and out of the shins so that they can adjust as you bed the knee! Sure, the 4x4 contraption their attached to ends up sticking out when you extend the joint to it's extremes, but it still looks amazing and is extremely clever functionality that you would only usually expect in model kits. Same goes for the presence of bicep and thigh swivels, I don't think any lego mech has ever had bicep or thigh swivels that weren't just the result of using ball joints for those joints. It also appears the blade of the katana can rotate, meaning you can get the mech to grip it any way you want. There also appears to be a waist joint, probably similar to how Lloyd's team mech from last year did it, so I wonder if this mech will also have a functional ab crunch using the double ratchet joints? Even if it doesn't, this is already above and beyond any of the past large ninjago or lego mechs! I can't wait to see what kinds of awesome poses are possible with this one!

It'd be weird if Tox has the only Elemental master in the tournament other than the Ninja ( also Jay) Cinder and potentially Euphrasia, so hopefully the other assumed civilians in the tournament temple set are elemental masters either new ones or returning characters. Though I imagine if there are returning ones that are the ones that were done recently would just be their recent official figs (Bolobo, Gravis, Chamielle and Jacob) rather than new designs.

It'd be nice if George was included but he'd need a new hairstyle ( maybe the new D&D one) if the ears are gonna work, unless they attach them to the scarf.

37 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I'm honestly surprised that TLG remember Tox since the theme she debuted in (Ultra Agents) happened an entire decade ago.

On a side note, I just love the new wolf warrior variants, they just looks so cool!

Where is Tox you are talking about?

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

It'd be nice if George was included but he'd need a new hairstyle ( maybe the new D&D one) if the ears are gonna work, unless they attach them to the scarf.

George :pir-cry_happy:
Oh yeah btw, you reminded me that i made 3D custom of Geo not so long ago, only posted it on discord and was too lazy to share it on reddit or anywhere else. Great opportunity to shamelessly post it here (hope image goes through). I think all he needs is new head mold with ears, since his canon hair is from Monkie Kid

image.png?ex=6631550a&is=6630038a&hm=e05

9 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Where is Tox you are talking about?

The girl in the tournament set with the green mohawk, unless that's someone else, I haven't watched the show in forever

I like what I'm seeing here.

The Battle Arena is a great set. The value is insane, with over 650 pieces and six minifigures (two of them exclusive) for 50€. The build looks good and fun to play with. The minifigures are fantastic. Evil Jay (funny that they're actually calling him that) and Cinder look extremely raw.

The Combo Vehicle is well made, but sets like this aren't my cup of tea. The minifigures are good, but I fell like a named villain is missing here.

The Dragon Mech looks insanely good, but I feel like this set is made for a very specific range of people. I like the concept for Cole, but I fell like the black mask is too contrasting with the white armour.

So now that we have better pics I can confirm that that dragon mold isn't Norbert but is in fact a new dragon mold! Probably for the best since the Norbert mold relied a bit on printing for detail whereas this one has more molded detail that's good for its use as a statue.

Still no pics but there are some updates regarding Source Dragon of Motion from fanklockow.pl:

Spoiler

- Throne saddle is colored black and decorated with potentially Gong of Shattering, with whole arch (or holding columns) and a brick-built wolf head on top

Spoiler

- Wings are "plastic foil" with patterns representing flames. My guess is that material is like on Jiro's wings (Elemental Dragon vs Empress Mech set)

Spoiler

- Dragon is primary red with a lot of gold detais. "Biggest ever (as of June 2024) Ninjago dragon"

Spoiler

- All 6 small Source Dragons are transparent orange (no other colors, sadge). Minifigures are unchanged from last time: Kai, Wyldfyre, Arin, Ras, Jordana, Wolfmask Warrior (big claws one)

50 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

So now that we have better pics I can confirm that that dragon mold isn't Norbert but is in fact a new dragon mold! Probably for the best since the Norbert mold relied a bit on printing for detail whereas this one has more molded detail that's good for its use as a statue.

Hmmm…I don’t know if that’s the same dragon mold from the leaked Dungeon and Dragons CMF Series?

1 hour ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

The girl in the tournament set with the green mohawk, unless that's someone else, I haven't watched the show in forever

Oh i think youa re right that’s her! 

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

It'd be weird if Tox has the only Elemental master in the tournament other than the Ninja ( also Jay) Cinder and potentially Euphrasia, so hopefully the other assumed civilians in the tournament temple set are elemental masters either new ones or returning characters. Though I imagine if there are returning ones that are the ones that were done recently would just be their recent official figs (Bolobo, Gravis, Chamielle and Jacob) rather than new designs.

George? As in Intelligent George?

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

Hmmm…I don’t know if that’s the same dragon mold from the leaked Dungeon and Dragons CMF Series?

no they are the same ones as in the palm of the hand of that fsm statue in 71818, but recoloured in trans orange. They ride the back of the dragon

7 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Even if they say otherwise I'm gonna headcanon it as a prosthesis 

Same; I was willing to buy that it was just armour until it appeared in her tournament suit. I suspect that it will be like Kai’s scar; never explained or addressed, but a permanent fixture of her design. I would obviously like to see a canon explanation, but I get that LEGO had safety concerns with regard to explicitly making it a prosthetic (not wanting kids to copy Sora’s moves with their prosthetic arms!). 

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Dragon Mech looks insanely good, but I feel like this set is made for a very specific range of people. I like the concept for Cole, but I fell like the black mask is too contrasting with the white armour.

The dragon mech may be the first ninjago set over $20 I'll have gotten in almost a decade, since I was a kid. I think it's the most "UCS" a ninjago set's ever been (aside from the gardens but those are more like modulars). I'm still not entirely sold- Cole is my least favorite of the original four and this is already shaping up to be an expensive year between some of the larger SW sets and trying to grab Rivendell at some point, but that thing looks incredible. The Dune sword is an excellent touch too- it was one of the first things I thought when I held the part for the first time. If it has knees, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist getting it. Unless we get rumors of a Jay one next year, that is :).

Posted (edited)

I absolutely love Cole's Titan Mech! It might actually be my favorite, though Lloyd's is definitely close. Lloyd's is the only one I actually own, though I very much love and want the others, they just haven't fit into my budget as I have other themes that are higher on my list but I might have to make an exception for Cole's mech since he's always been one of my favorite Ninja. I've always been a sucker for Earth elemental characters like Onua from Bionicle. It's weird that it only comes with one minifig and I have to be honest, I'm really not the biggest fan of it, there's just way too much white for a character who's typical color scheme is primarily black. I do love the recolored Dune ornithopter blade for the two-handed sword though! Granted, a sword doesn't suit Cole as well as turning it into a scythe would, but this will be much easier to pose and won't be too heavy for the arms.

The tournament set is great, so happy to see Tox there and I absolutely LOVE what I'm going to call the "blood claw" pieces for the new wolf warrior.  I can absolutely see those being reused in regular red for Carnage in a future Marvel set.

The combo vehicle is pretty mediocre in my opinion and the new style for the Ninja just isn't that good in my opinion. Easy pass.

Edited by ToaDraco

Ah man, just when I thought I wasn't going to spend too much on Ninjago this year. These sets are all amazing, and they aren't even the ones I was mosts excited about for this summer!

Cole's mech is phenomenal and I'll have to pick it up at some point. I know some folks are disappointed by the white color scheme, but I'm just happy that LEGO is keeping up the consistency between the official titan mechs. If we don't count Nya's Samurai X mech from Crystalized (and I don't), that brings us to four official titan mechs that are similarly sized and colored. (Wild that we haven't gotten one for Kai, when it feels like he gets a mech multiple times every year. I'm assuming we'll see a Kai titan mech in 2025.) I wonder if the new team will eventually also get the titan mech treatment?

The decision to only include one minifigure is bizarre. The only thing I can think is that the company wants to keep this set around longer than they want to keep the regular DR season 2 minifigure parts in circulation. After all, Zane's Titan Mech probably had one of the longest shelf-lives of any non-D2C Ninjago set. It's certainly not a dealbreaker for me, but it does feel a little bit silly for a massive set to only contain one character. It'll be interesting to see if the designer speaks up about this decision at any point. The suit for Cole is interesting, and it makes me wonder if we'll see any other dedicated mech outfits for future large mech releases. At the very least, this could have been a fine excuse to include a similarly-costumed Lloyd, Jay, or Zane, since they aren't likely to get a titan mech anytime soon. 

The new Ultra Sonic Raider looks fun, but I doubt I'll pick it up due to budget constraints. Still, I commend the design team for coming up with a fresh vehicle design for a set that's already been done three times before. 

The battle arena looks like a great minifigure pack with a good mix of play features thrown in. I'll likely wait and see how it'll fit in with the rumored D2C before I decide whether or not to just buy Tox separately.

I'm almost scared to see the rest of the sets. If they're this good, this could be my favorite Ninjago wave in a long time. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Lion King said:

No it's different, the D&D CMF dragon is stood with it's wings pointing upwards whereas this on has its wings pointing forward.

13 hours ago, Harren Tonderen said:

George :pir-cry_happy:
Oh yeah btw, you reminded me that i made 3D custom of Geo not so long ago, only posted it on discord and was too lazy to share it on reddit or anywhere else. Great opportunity to shamelessly post it here (hope image goes through). I think all he needs is new head mold with ears, since his canon hair is from Monkie Kid

That is a really good render, it'd be awesome if TLG released a fig just like it, though I doubt TLG would bother doing the colours in the hair like that.

Personally I think in an official minifigure the ears would have to be attached to the scarf or the hair ( I know what part it is currently but obviously that part does not reach the ears). I know it would be more show accurate but putting the ears on the head would make for a less versatile and (imho) more cursed part.

11 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

George? As in Intelligent George?

Maybe? That could be his secret identity?

But no autocorrect assumed that when I typed Geo and forgot to space our the next word, that I meant to type George which to be fair is a word I type a lot.

Edited by Agent Kallus

I like the battle arena, but that price on the vehicle is really too much , surely it has large pieces and large rubber wheels often seem to cost a lot in ninjago somehow, but still €90 is too much.

The mech price is okay, but that's mainly managed becuase they put 100% effort in the mech and just piloted by Cole , no side builds or side figures.

See I thought we'd probably be getting Nokt and maybe the rest of the forbidden 5 in this wave, it was rumoured that we'd see more unknown figs in the cole set but I guess that's not to be.

Maybe that means that the forbidden 5 storyline will continue into next year?