THELEGOBATMAN

LEGO Ninjago 2024 Rumours and Discussion

Ok so looking at it more closely I can guess that this is where Wu has been chilling since the merge, maybe with an apprentice or whoever the unknown character is, as theres a teapot in the cave. It kinda sucks we dont get Nya with her full DRS1 suit, but Wu has new robes, and Lloyd has a (hopefully printed) scroll. Maybe the end of the season is just them finding Wu through a scroll or map. I do really like the tree and the water pond below it. The tree in particular is pretty beautiful. Im glad Ras is included too. I dont think he has arm printing. However, this is a preliminary, so the set may change in some way. I wouldn't be surprised if that character was swapped for Euphrasia, or if it used to be. Either way, I still feel like £100 is a bit much for the size of it. Hopefully theres something im not seeing that justifies it. 

I have to say that I'm not a fan of the dragon stone temple. That is mostly because I had different expectations for it. I expected it to be like the unikitty castle thing or whatever that's called that is in set 41455, but it's completely different from that.

The other let down are the minifigures because I expected there to be the climber suits but instead of that these are the s1 suits, but this is just a prilimary image so that might change. But I doubt that.

I wanted lloyd to come with a cape, but he has an armor piece, which is fine I guess. The Wu seems to be new, at least the legs are from what I can see. I  the other character should Euphrasia, like that designer interview makes it quite clear.

Now the build I can see a lot of people find appering, but I'm personally not a fan of sets that are just for display, and there isn't really much stuff that you could do with it. Like it looks amazing but that is about it. The final thing is that this set feels too small for the price, which shows that ppp isn't always everything, like I could give it 90 at max so with that and the other problems that I have with it I most likelly won't buy it.

Now there's just the Arin's buggy left to be reveald. 

While I love how the set looks, I expected something much bigger. It's absolutely stunning, but it does not look worth 120€ in any way. 

Possibly the first time a set has me taken by surprise so much. Leakers did a really bad job describing it. :tongue:

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

While I love how the set looks, I expected something much bigger. It's absolutely stunning, but it does not look worth 120€ in any way. 

Possibly the first time a set has me taken by surprise so much. Leakers did a really bad job describing it. :tongue:

Agreed with the comments about it being wildly different to what we imagined. Personally I saw a black base, giant stone dragon head, waterfall pouring out of its mouth and a river/pond in the center. Jungle environment around the stone head, and maybe a small temple or room inside the dragons mouth. 

The first descriptions did give me a different picture than this, but the later ones where pretty close honestly. The set does look really nice, but I definitely don't see $120 here. For the size I would honestly say $80, but given the parts count and density I guess $100 would make sense? But even at that price I still wouldn't buy it. I just hope the Shadow Dojo is a better deal than this.

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Agreed with the comments about it being wildly different to what we imagined. Personally I saw a black base, giant stone dragon head, waterfall pouring out of its mouth and a river/pond in the center. Jungle environment around the stone head, and maybe a small temple or room inside the dragons mouth. 

That's exactly what I was thinking of. A little bit in the direction of a pirate bay with a skull entrance. Only with Japanese garden elements.

It’s a beautiful set, but as others have said, I can’t see where the price is coming from. Is it confirmed $120? I could justify $60-80 for this, no more. I guess we’ll see when official images drop if anything has changed, but I expect it to be very similar to this.

Ninjago gets so many beautiful temples that are easily double the size of this set. It’ll be hard to justify spending so much on something so small, when the Temple of the Dragon Energy Cores is still on shelves and $30 cheaper!

I'm pretty sure this set isn't canon tho. I think it's just supposed to be a nice diorama-like set, but not fully connected to the other sets.

Nya and Kai use their last season outifts.

Wu appears, even though he's missing (obviously he could still appear in the series, but I'm pretty sure he won't be a part of S2).

They used the Core student again, even though she's not a part of the series.

And then there's Lloyd and Ras from S2 to somehow connect this set to the others in this wave.

Wow that looks beautiful. Might have to wait for a discount given the leaked price, but it's definitely my favorite Ninjago set of 2024 so far.

48 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

RideXninjago leaks on insta

That explains why. I was looking for a temple not a stone decoration :head_back:

Also I'm not seeing Garmadon in this set. Not sure who the blue torso'd fig is with the golden axe

Edited by Takanuinuva

Definitely appreciate more attractive-looking Ninjago sets coming out throughout the year, given the upcoming Ninjago City GWPs!

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm pretty sure this set isn't canon tho. I think it's just supposed to be a nice diorama-like set, but not fully connected to the other sets.

Nya and Kai use their last season outifts.

Wu appears, even though he's missing (obviously he could still appear in the series, but I'm pretty sure he won't be a part of S2).

They used the Core student again, even though she's not a part of the series.

And then there's Lloyd and Ras from S2 to somehow connect this set to the others in this wave.

I haven't kept up a ton with the show, but I think you're right. Though if so, putting the Core student in instead of Jay/Zane/Cole/Arin/Sora is a weird move.

I guess it's POSSIBLE it's from season 2, and just takes place before the ninja get their mech pilot suits, but that's a heck of a stretch- and I don't even know if Master Lloyd will be canon.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I haven't kept up a ton with the show, but I think you're right. Though if so, putting the Core student in instead of Jay/Zane/Cole/Arin/Sora is a weird move.

I guess it's POSSIBLE it's from season 2, and just takes place before the ninja get their mech pilot suits, but that's a heck of a stretch- and I don't even know if Master Lloyd will be canon.

Yeah, definitely a strange decision to use a random student instead of a named character. Definitely takes away from the set imo.

The wave for S1 also had some non-canon elements — Wu, Jay in a Ninja outfit, Imperium Claw General and Imperium Guard Commander have never appeared in the series after the Merge.

This set takes it even further — it feels like every two minifigures are from a different setting, and the build is completely made-up just to be aesthetically pleasing.

I definitely like this concept tho. A more timeless set that can represent Ninjago as a whole, and not just a single Season. It's just that the minifigures are kinda random, especially the student.

Is there any reason the student-looking minifigure couldn’t be Euphrasia? The leaked outfit isn’t exactly the same as in the show, but it also isn’t that different either. The main change is the hairstyle instead of the hood, but unless I’m mistaken we don’t know what Euphrasia’s hair looks like. Since the pictures could be preliminary, it’s possible that there will be a different hair element used, though again the hair itself doesn’t indicate that the character is not her.

Similarly, it’s possible that Kai and Nya get updated suits in the final set. We have to wait and see official pictures. 

Another vote in the looks great, but too expensive for what's shown camp.

Maybe there are side builds to build it up a lot to get to the price point.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, definitely a strange decision to use a random student instead of a named character. Definitely takes away from the set imo.

3 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

Is there any reason the student-looking minifigure couldn’t be Euphrasia? The leaked outfit isn’t exactly the same as in the show, but it also isn’t that different either. The main change is the hairstyle instead of the hood, but unless I’m mistaken we don’t know what Euphrasia’s hair looks like. Since the pictures could be preliminary, it’s possible that there will be a different hair element used, though again the hair itself doesn’t indicate that the character is not her.

The student minifigure is definitely Euphrasia. There was a full description of this set a few days ago, and that was not a regular description it was like a official description that a retailer would place as the product description. Also there is the Duck Bricks hands on video in which there is said that there is someone for the first time, which that would only suit Euphrasia.

1 hour ago, mantax said:

The student minifigure is definitely Euphrasia. There was a full description of this set a few days ago, and that was not a regular description it was like a official description that a retailer would place as the product description. Also there is the Duck Bricks hands on video in which there is said that there is someone for the first time, which that would only suit Euphrasia.

Unless they change the minifigure in the final set (the leaked image is a prelim), we ain't getting Euphrasia. Crossing my fingers they do tho.

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Unless they change the minifigure in the final set (the leaked image is a prelim), we ain't getting Euphrasia. Crossing my fingers they do tho.

I’m curious why you say this with such certainty. Why can’t leaked figure be Euphrasia? 

1 hour ago, Rolyat24 said:

I’m curious why you say this with such certainty. Why can’t leaked figure be Euphrasia? 

I mean, she can be, since the leaked picture is a prelim — some things are set to change, and they often use replacement minifigures.

It's just that judging by this picture alone, it's the Female Apprentice from the Core Creative Box set. Same hairpiece, same faceprint. She also has a new torso and leg print, making it less likely to be Euphrasia.

Making my prediction now, before the set images appear tomorrow, I think Cole or Zane are gonna look the best in climber gear as the ninja appear to use a darker secondary colour for the armour and the regular colour for the hood (I don’t agree with this choice but nothing I can do) but Cole is already black on black, and that with gold on it would look amazing. Same with Zane, only i guess his will be in white. Praying they don’t use secondary colours like orange and azure. I do also think it’s ridiculous how Sora and Arin aren’t getting climber suits. I guess it’s just Riyu and Wildfire getting some love this year. 

This wave is pretty solid, I LOVE the look of those larger sets!

The Shadow Dojo is excellent- the prominence of the moon makes me think the wolf mask guys might have some sort of werewolf-possession thing going on (which would explain the blue eyes on the alternate faces). I love how they made so many places in the set to have the ninja hang/climb/zipline with the climbing tool piece, it's a great gimmick that adds playability without detracting from the look of the set. The climber suits are also excellent, I love that the armor corresponds to the colors of the character- I don't think we've had that before, unless you count the DRS1 masks, which I don't.

I don't collect much ninjago, but if the dragon statue came with Wu, Kai, Zane, Jay, and Cole instead of it's current figures, I 100% would have gotten it. A very nice looking statue.

The climber mech has a neat gimmick, and is a fine mech for kids-the target audience of all of these but the dragon statue- but not for me. Which is unfortunate- I need that Climber Jay figure. 

Arin's buggy is another fine one for kids, but by far my least favorite of these sets. I don't like the ninja vehicles (which is like half the theme, I know), and the cars probably bother me the most. 

That last set, though... if it's really only $15, I'm probably picking it up. Dragons are my favorite ninjago sets, and this is an excellent cheap way to get the three main new characters of Dragons Rising.

Also... is Egalt evil? I thought he was a good guy when I first saw him, but the boxart here makes it look like he's in opposition to the ninja, and also just has a sinister vibe. I don't think ninjago's ever done evil dragons before, excluding ones created or controlled by evil humanoids like the mechdragon or that skeletal dragon a few years back.

Wow, all of these sets look fantastic! The Dragonstone temple is especially impressive looking and I really like the design of Kai's climbing mech and the Wolf Mask shrine. Arin's buggy is better than I expected but definitely at the bottom of the list for these sets. The best set imho is young dragon Riyu. It's such a great scaled-up version of the figure and includes 3 good figures for $16 is an absolute win. I also love the new dual-molded sword as well as the sickle pieces, both for minifigures and the large action figure-sized versions.