Captain Braunsfeld

Herlock Sholmes - Second Adventure Ch10

800x506.png

(Here is where we left our story  last time)

Sholmes: “Pull of the mask! Now!”

800x674.jpg

Green-masked villain (“Masfanto”): “You’re a bonehead!”

Sholmes (thinking): I have heard this before. But where? When?

The Marquis raises his blade in a threatening gesture - and then the villain gives in and starts to pull of the ugly green mask.

800x600.jpg

From underneath the mask appears the innocently looking face of Hallcroft Py!

800x600.jpg

Marquis: “EEEEEK.”

Sholmes: “Quiet, everyone. That is just another mask. The one that was created based on the painting of Hallcroft Py.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Come on, pull of that mask.”

800x600.jpg

Hallcroft Py: “That is Mr. Beeohasard Elventree. Or is he?”

Dr. Sonwat: “It could be just another mask.”

Elventree: “Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man, no time to talk…”

Hallcroft Py: “A walrus man?”

Dr. Sonwat: “A woman’s man.”

Hallcroft Py: “I always misheard that.”

Dr. Sonwat: “He is just staying alive, I guess.”

Elventree: “Ha!”

Dr. Sonwat: “Ha!”

Sholmes: "Ha!"

Marquis: “Ha!”

Elventree: “Staying alive…”

800x603.jpg

Sholmes: “Stop that nonsense. No that is not his true self. It is just another mask. Off with it, or I will do it!”

800x600.jpg

Then they all gasp. Finally, as the last mask is pulled away, they are staring in the face of Professor Thaum!

Dr. Sonwat: “Professor Thaum? That cannot be.“

Sholmes: „No, this is not the Professor Thaum we know. This is his evil twin. He goes by the name of Wesbert Thaum.”

800x602.jpg

Wesbert Thaum aka Masfanto aka …: “Ok, you caught me this time, Sholmes. But next time I won’t make it so easy for you!”

800x591.jpg

The Marquis is getting angry again.

Sholmes: “Guards, take this man and lock him away. And be careful, he can be quite evil.”

800x577.jpg

Hallcroft Py: “I am confused. What was this all about? And why so many faces?”

Sholmes: “Let me explain.”

800x675.jpg

Sholmes: “Wesbert Thaum must have fantasized about being a master villain in a green mask. He taught himself how to create those masks and then started to imitate people.
Now, he and his accomplice wanted to steal the gold from the vaults of the Bank of Pontelli.
Therefore, he wanted to get access to the building next to it and dig a tunnel.
He was looking for someone who would freshly join Easterhazy, Easterbunny and Santa just next door.
This is where you come in, Hallcroft Py.”

800x596.jpg

Sholmes: “He lured you away from your job at EE&S with that story of the “Fellowship of the Greybeards”.
He painted your face so that he could create a mask. Then, disguised as Hallcroft Py, he turned up as accountant with EE&S. 
Remember, that he did not want you to inform EE&S that you would not start to work for them?
That is because he did. 
He knew that he did not have much time until they discovered that he was a terrible accountant. But by then he wanted to have completed the deed. He started to work late hours. Together with Liam Jeeves they used the night hours and the weekend to dig their tunnel.
And we came here just in time when they were about to achieve their goal.”

800x600.jpg

Hallcroft Py: (staring at the mask) “This is the strangest thing that ever happened to me.”

800x600.jpg

Sholmes: “It is not over yet. We still have to catch the assistant!”

800x600.jpg

As they turn to head back up the stairs, the Marquis pauses for one moment, looking at the/his gold.

800x600.jpg

He opens the door, quickly checks his gold, chuckles, closes the door again and leaves to catch up with Sholmes and the others.

Spoiler

I wanted to include a shot where you can see the gold ingots clearly :pir-grin:

(to be continued)

The story so far:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Chapter 10 (you are here)

Chapter 11

There you have it. The big reveal! 

A big thanks to @Professor Thaum for pointing me to the evil twin brother. :pir-huzzah2:

That was an exciting and funny story! :pir-love:It was fun reading them and guessing what happened next.

I didn't know Wesbert Thaum before. Thanks for the link and thanks  @Darnok for the funny story. It's fun to read an MRCA Adventure and see the builds.

I had guessed it was Thaum from the blockhead reference the episode before. But, I  would have gone an accused the poor @Professor Thaum of the deed (as I didn't know he had a twin), so I'm glad I kept my mouth shut!

These masks are gettig out of hand! How do we even know it really is the twin Thaum? Who says somebody else isn't below that mask!! You made us too suspecious now :pir_tong2: especially when you end in "to be continued"! 

I can feel another masker villain coming up... who is the assistent?? 

Anyways, as you know, I always enjoy the episodes :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

I had guessed it was Thaum from the blockhead reference the episode before. But, I  would have gone an accused the poor @Professor Thaum of the deed (as I didn't know he had a twin), so I'm glad I kept my mouth shut!

Are you sure that Wesbert is the evil one ? Are you sure that both of the twin do not share the same goal ? :devil:

That gold shot was well worth it, so shiny!!!  And I certainly didn't see that reveal coming!  Wesbert must have a very soft brain, since he can squeeze it down into such smaller masks :pir-laugh:

43 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Are you sure that Wesbert is the evil one ? Are you sure that both of the twin do not share the same goal ? :devil:

...I'm now questioning everything I ever held dear, including my very sanity. Down is up, left is right, wrong is right, birds fly underground, and moles ply the sky. :wacko:

20 hours ago, NOD said:

That was an exciting and funny story! :pir-love:It was fun reading them and guessing what happened next.

I didn't know Wesbert Thaum before. Thanks for the link and thanks  @Darnok for the funny story. It's fun to read an MRCA Adventure and see the builds.

Thanks . You sound like the story is over. That is not the case :pir-grin:

10 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Very wise.

10 hours ago, Fraunces said:

These masks are gettig out of hand! How do we even know it really is the twin Thaum? Who says somebody else isn't below that mask!! You made us too suspecious now :pir_tong2: especially when you end in "to be continued"! 

I can feel another masker villain coming up... who is the assistent?? 

Anyways, as you know, I always enjoy the episodes :thumbup:

Sooo many questions. We will see!

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Isn't that Thaum guy a sea rat after all? :pir-laugh:

8 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

That gold shot was well worth it, so shiny!!!  And I certainly didn't see that reveal coming!  Wesbert must have a very soft brain, since he can squeeze it down into such smaller masks :pir-laugh:

Yepp, that is what I like about the scene. It is absolutely absurd to wear so many masks and to have a large head in the first place :pir_laugh2:

This guy must have figured out something about masks that we all don't understand.

8 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

...I'm now questioning everything I ever held dear, including my very sanity. Down is up, left is right, wrong is right, birds fly underground, and moles ply the sky. :wacko:

That's good. Keep that spirit, it will help you through the upcoming episodes.

Yay, the story goes on! :pir-huzzah2:  I hadn't noticed that, because I immediately wanted to read the story about Wesbert Thaum.

The bank robbery was prevented and Masfanto's true identity is now known. That means 100% success rate for Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat.

Liam Jeeves is still free and will certainly help his boss. Where is Miss Patricia Sevenfish? I'm sure a genius like Wesbert Thaum won't stay in prison long.

Did not expect this ending :grin:. So chaotic, hah!

On 8/27/2023 at 12:18 PM, NOD said:

Yay, the story goes on! :pir-huzzah2:  I hadn't noticed that, because I immediately wanted to read the story about Wesbert Thaum.

The bank robbery was prevented and Masfanto's true identity is now known. That means 100% success rate for Herlock Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat.

Liam Jeeves is still free and will certainly help his boss. Where is Miss Patricia Sevenfish? I'm sure a genius like Wesbert Thaum won't stay in prison long.

And again: good summary :pir-huzzah2:

On 8/27/2023 at 1:37 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Ha! :pir_laugh2: Great story as always! I also want to know what happened to Patricia Sevenfish :pir-blush:

You will find out!

On 8/27/2023 at 8:55 PM, Khorne said:

Did not expect this ending :grin:. So chaotic, hah!

:pir-laugh: Thanks. So much turmoil. And still more to come :pir_laugh2: