Mestari

[MOC] Moon-o-Rail Station

DSC04123_title.jpg

This one was built almost two years ago (I lag behind a bit with publishing...) for a small exhibition held in Warsaw. We have built a city that had two areas - one a regular city and the other a Classic Space Moon base. There was a "monorail" train (actually using standard rollercoaster track) running through the town and connecting it via portals located in the mountain range with a Moon base.

This is the station to go to if you wanted to get to the Moon, hence the name. I have also spent considerable amount of time to design and created some stickers, the most important of those being the following advert for the train (It reads "we connect tomorrow with today" in Polish):

reklama%208x16%20s.jpg

The station was 3 baseplates long, had the platform quite high with outside stairs leading to it, a lift at the back operated with a crank as well as stairs in the building for those wet days:

DSC04144.jpg

Here you can have a look at the back of the building with the lift located at the far end:

DSC03685.jpg

The idea for this station started with angled glass (inspired by some Warsaw buildings from the Soviet occupation era). This angled glass is best viewed when both the track and a platform is removed:

DSC04130.jpg

BTW, the Wawlugowo name seen here is the name of the city, after WAWLUG - the name of our local LUG :)

There are some more pictures on my Bricksafe page.

I hope you enjoy it :)

Edited by Mestari

Very cool! Very appropriate grey colouring and you've managed to break it up in places to stop it looking too greyscale. As for the shaping I really like the angled roof and protruding wall. I'd wanted to do something white and futuristic incorporating a monorail for a while and this is pretty inspiring.

Great job!

Exceptional station. The architectural lines really give it a distinct look. It's straight lines, but not with the angles you put in. Having the interior with details and decals is a great finishing touch.

A perfect crossover between Space and City. Such builds are difficult to get right but you have managed to create something balanced and perfect!

Thank you all for comments, I'm glad you liked it :)

Also thank you for front-paging! I think this build would go unnoticed if it wasn't for that.

Great build! I love the flower decorations on the moon. I will need those species in my room also, because I always forget to water them ;-)

No, no - those are in the city - you get to the moon by boarding the train from that station ;)

Btw, I was once able to kill a cactus, I forgot to water it...

this came out amazing did you have any plans in the future of making instructions for this set?

Love it!! The façade that faces the platform is pretty cool but my favourite part is the platform and the elevated tracks. Reminds me of stations in Vancouver or Japan