F3zWwWuW8AALeMH?format=jpgGood news train fans - The Brick Train Awards are back for its fourth year this September. An annual virtual event for LEGO train fans around the world, the awards showcase what the LEGO train fan community has been building in the last two years and is a great opportunity to see the variety prevalent in the hobby. 

The awards are split in to 15 categories including awards for best steam, diesel and electric locomotive, best freight, passenger and special wagons, group or individual display, and 3 categories for TFOLs (Teenage Fans of LEGO). There are also 3 categories reserved specifically for digital models created in Bricklink Studio, Mecabricks or LDD!

Each category is judged at a regional level in one of three regions - Americas (including both North and South America), Europe and the Middle East, and Asia & Australasia. The winners of the categories at this level are then discussed by a panel of judges to nominate one global winner in each category. 

Each winner will receive a Brick Train Awards 2023 winners brick, and the 15 global winners will receive a $100 voucher from global sponsor Trixbrix.eu. The event is also supported by HA Bricks and Brick.is. 

You can enter for free at bricktrainawards.com, and follow all entries on the FacebookTwitter and Instagram accounts for the awards. can’t wait to see what people have been building this year! 

On 8/18/2023 at 5:34 PM, Sérgio said:

Lets go!! :pir-triumph:

On 8/29/2023 at 5:51 AM, Spur II aus Klemmbaust said:

I'm looking forward to it.

Best regards,

Nik

Looking forward to seeing what people submit!

First of all, thank you @BricksMcgee for running the competition!

May I suggest a modification for the future?
For large-scale builders like me, @Spur II aus Klemmbaust or @Bensch55 , it's a pity that we can only enter in the "Best Other Locomotive" category - no wagon, no consist, nothing.
So how about creating categories like "Best non-L-track Locomotive", "Best non-L-track wagon" etc? Or maybe allowing non-L-track models in the regular categories?

(I know it would make judges' work even moretime-consuming, so it's really only a proposal, of course. Nevertheless, it would really be great for us large-scale builders!)

Edit: corrected mistake regarding digital models

Edited by Sven J

2 hours ago, Sven J said:

First of all, thank you @BricksMcgee for running the competition!

May I suggest a modification for the future?
For large-scale builders like me, @Spur II aus Klemmbaust or @Bensch55 , it's a pity that we can only enter in the "Best Other Locomotive" category - no wagon, no consist, nothing.
So how about creating categories like "Best non-L-track Locomotive", "Best non-L-track wagon" etc? Or maybe allowing non-L-track models in the regular categories?

(I know it would make judges' work even moretime-consuming, so it's really only a proposal, of course. Nevertheless, it would really be great for us large-scale builders!)

Edit: corrected mistake regarding digital models

Thanks for the entries Sven, love seeing them! 

We've considered a lot of categories over the years including something like you suggest, but are limited a little by the sponsors, and also by the likelihood of a reasonable number of entries to present a good competition - this is why we’ve previously merged Asia and Australasia regions as some categories had previously received just one - or even 0 - entries in last years!

We do review categories each year and could consider opening up the “L gauge” categories to other gauges, so I’ll put it back on the list for discussion once this year is done!

Thanks again for the entries - keep them coming!

29 minutes ago, Sven J said:

Winners have been announced!

Congratulations to all of them!
And thanks a lot for appreciating my little 2-6-4T so much. I'm very, very happy!

Thanks! Sorry, I’ve neglected EB a little this year. 

Congratulations on your win - love the model!

15 hours ago, Sven J said:

Winners have been announced!

Congratulations to all of them!
And thanks a lot for appreciating my little 2-6-4T so much. I'm very, very happy!

Many congratulations Sven, you deserve it!

Sergio

16 hours ago, Commander Wolf said:

I would like to suggest a "purist" category, thank you for your consideration :classic:

I like that idea, thanks! I will add it to the list to discuss for next year. Our main limiters for new categories are sponsors and the likely number of entries we’d receive. I don’t think the latter would be an issue for this! 

I say thank you to the organizers, jury and supporters of the BrickTrainAwards! Without your commitment, these contests would not exist. This should get much more attention, because these events enliven the community. THANK YOU!
And to all the winners: Congratulations!

Thomas

The "Winner Brick" arrived yesterday.
A big "thank you" to all who were involved in organizing the contest!
Looking forward to the BTA 2024!

53401981490_87b6c29181_b_d.jpg

On 12/16/2023 at 4:31 PM, Sven J said:

The "Winner Brick" arrived yesterday.
A big "thank you" to all who were involved in organizing the contest!
Looking forward to the BTA 2024!

53401981490_87b6c29181_b_d.jpg

Glad to hear it arrived, and thanks to HA Bricks for the winner bricks! Congratulations again for winning. 

I would also like to thank all the organizers, judges and the sponsors TrixBrix and HA-Bricks!

BrickTrainAwards Winner 2023

Thomas

I received my brick just in time to celebrate before the year ends.

Lima's Best, Now Global Best

Thanks to the coordinators and judges as always, and wishing folks a happy new year.