11 minutes ago, danth said:

The Interstellar Spaceship is flawless. $20 for 240 pieces, a great design with a cool gimmick, and no stickers? Can't really beat that these days.

Glad to hear that! I am planning on getting that one anyway, but having your seal of approval means it's truly something special. I saw the 4+ set at Target today and did consider it for a bit; passing on it for now but might circle back to it if there isn't much of interest later in the year.

I'm not seeing any Lego space sets on the Target website.  Are these just showing up in stores, but not yet on their website?  May have to check the local Target tomorrow.

2 hours ago, danth said:

The Intersteller Spaceship is flawless. $20 for 240 pieces, a great design with a cool gimmick, and no stickers? Can't really beat that these days.

Yeah only saw a short video of it, but pushing the power cell button to open up the rear nacelles/rocket engines whatever you make of it, has an awesome sci-fi implementation to it.

Not just Star Trek vibes (where the warp engines start glowing blue, with a distinct difference between "Impulse" and "Warp"), but also generic sci-fi play, and with the orange color ,  kids might just imagine "fire" can come out of those engines as well, like a jet, or rocketship.

And it comes at a low price point, with good parts to make different ships out of it, if you have more then 1 set, or maybe combo-models (like in-house space ships with split functions)

Edited by TeriXeri

14 hours ago, Space78 said:

I'm not seeing any Lego space sets on the Target website.  Are these just showing up in stores, but not yet on their website?  May have to check the local Target tomorrow.

Online stores are generally less likely to break the "street date" of sets, since they're much more centrally managed and under no individual pressure to stock shelves or anything like that. So usually if you want a chance at a set before its official release date, your best bet is to check physical stores.

15 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Online stores are generally less likely to break the "street date" of sets, since they're much more centrally managed and under no individual pressure to stock shelves or anything like that. So usually if you want a chance at a set before its official release date, your best bet is to check physical stores.

In Germany you usually can preorder those sets so you can already buy them but they get shipped when the date is due - however some people already got their minifigures delivered early for instance. I guess they just don´t care so much and rather want to make room in their logistics.

Just back from target.  Looked like all of the City Space sets were on the shelves, so I picked up the small spaceship.  Not bad at $20.  Did not see the Friends Space set on the shelf.

My local Target and Walmart didn't show any of these sets in stock on their websites. Yet they both had the sets.

My Target almost never gets any new Lego sets until months after they're released, so I was shocked to see lots of next year's sets there a few days before Christmas. It looked like they got all of the Jan 1 sets and put them all out, and then got absolutely wiped by Christmas shoppers. There were only a few sets from each theme left when I went. Which was annoying; if I knew my Target would actually come through this time, I would have gone earlier! I went back a couple days after Christmas and the shelves were almost completely empty.

My nearest Walmart also had a bunch of new sets when I went a couple days ago, but their shelves were still full. I got the Interstellar Spaceship there. When I checked out, it was marked as a non-sale item because of the release date, but the employee overrode that for me. Lucky! At Target I had no such issues though.

I didn't see the new Dreamzzz or Friends Space sets at either store. I did see a couple other new Dreamzzz sets though. So maybe the Space ones got sold out before I saw them.

Edited by danth

More potential lore: The Friends Mars base includes a purple battery that is identical to the ones that the City Space crew are using; this would seem to back up my theory that the purple batteries are older and just crystal-powered, while the pink ones are the newly-developed crystal-botanic batteries. 

Is anyone else underwhelmed by the design of the little truck in the base set? And all it does is have that orange dirt thing go up & down on it... or do the modules fit it? Missed opportunity if not.

4 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Is anyone else underwhelmed by the design of the little truck in the base set? And all it does is have that orange dirt thing go up & down on it... or do the modules fit it? Missed opportunity if not.

Modules (except Friends) do look to have some sort of slot gap on the bottom, so maybe they can sit on the yellow thing, when that's on the truck bed, but since there are also tools clipped on the truck, and modules have those orange connector rings, it looks they are too big to fit, and would probably still look awkward sideways, truck bed is only 6x8 , and without tools, those clips on the back still make it like 6x7.

Overall that truck is the weakest vehicle of the entire wave, but still more interesting then that weird half transparent rover with solar panel stickers in the 2022 Lunar base (likely included because of the Nasa VIPER rover, as it says so in the description)

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Modules (except Friends) do look to have some sort of slot gap on the bottom, so maybe they can sit on the yellow thing, when that's on the truck bed, but since there are also tools clipped on the truck, and modules have those orange connector rings, it looks they are too big to fit, and would probably still look awkward sideways, truck bed is only 6x8 , and without tools, those clips on the back still make it like 6x7.

Sadly I don't think the modules will fit the truck—the base of each module even considering the gap you mention is 6x8, meaning they wouldn't fit in either direction. The truck also slightly disappoints by having regular wheels and tires—would've been more interesting to me if it'd used 3486, which is about the same size, comes in black and feels significantly more "spacey". I'm thinking I might get the base set so if I do I'll consider swapping the wheels out.

Edited by Lyichir

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Sadly I don't think the modules will fit the truck—the base of each module even considering the gap you mention is 6x8, meaning they wouldn't fit in either direction. The truck also slightly disappoints by having regular wheels and tires—would've been more interesting to me if it'd used 3486, which is about the same size, comes in black and feels significantly more "spacey". I'm thinking I might get the base set so if I do I'll consider swapping the wheels out.

It has a similar maybe even the same traits as the other wheels used in this series

On 12/27/2023 at 2:33 PM, legoturtle said:

If you collect all the sets you get a lot of minifigures. ALSO some of the sets are super cheap so it is possible to buy 2-3 of them. This subtheme will be something we have never seen before. If it is popular, I believe we will get a SPACE-theme, OWN space-theme.

I just saw a pic with all 22 minifigs.

Im hoping to get all sets and few extras in the next couple of years. This series is something i was hoping to see and I can see it leading to a dedicated Space theme

Edited by Mondo-TRON

I'll be changing more than the wheels! I think balloon or Ice Planet tyres are the go, there. The cab is too narrow and square. Looks weird. The tray needs enlarging to fit the modules.

Guys, if you are making MOC's from these Space sets - PLEASE put some images here. Today is a start of an amazing LEGO year 2024. I believe if these sets are popular - we will see an OWN space theme.

January 2024 GWP is also Space related, but very small (Artemis) probably.

9 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Guys, if you are making MOC's from these Space sets - PLEASE put some images here. Today is a start of an amazing LEGO year 2024. I believe if these sets are popular - we will see an OWN space theme.

Here's a Space Police 2 remake that I've been messing around with, that uses some technics and parts from the 2024 City Space Sets.

sJnkMGV.png

9 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

Very NICE... could you build those 2024? and share images....

Once I'm satisfied with how they look in Bricklink Studio I'll order the pieces and build them in real life. Then post the results on here. I still have remakes of 6852: Sonar Security and 6897: Rebel Hunter to build. I'm not going to bother with the largest two sets in the series. 

After this I'll work on M-Tron, Ice Planet, and Spyrius remakes. 

I think you are super talented. You could maybe sell instructions in Rebrickable. Your style is very unique. That robot for example gives a lot for that collection / faction / story. (me for example, I am just a simple collector, I do not have a talent make anything my own).

2 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

I think you are super talented. You could maybe sell instructions in Rebrickable. Your style is very unique. That robot for example gives a lot for that collection / faction / story. (me for example, I am just a simple collector, I do not have a talent make anything my own).

Thank you, that's very kind. The goal is to put things up on Rebrickable sometime this year. 

You could be a great MOC builder, just takes some practice! Start with small builds. Make small updates to existing sets. The big MOCs can get very complicated, very quickly, which can be discouraging. So start small!

Well thank you. I have tried improve Lost Temple and all 3 Indiana Jones sets. PROBLEM is that I am never satisfied my own MOC's. Somehow I think LEGO has real artist. They know best shapes and colours. But it is true... practise makes "perfect". Happy NEW YEAR whole forum! <3

Posted (edited)
On 12/30/2023 at 10:41 PM, Lyichir said:

Confirmed, with instructions released now, the thing that looked like a slot , are just a 1x2 plates with bar to the side, mounted on a 8x6 plate, eventually that increases total size of modules to 8x10, way too big for that truck.

Also the "mario" plates that are meant to look like airlocks, or entrances, are just stuck on with technic pins, so there are no openable (hinged) doors unlike 2019 and 2022, but with the orange element, I believe those 2019 and 2022 shuttles/capsules can still dock on there.

Parts wise, the modules being brick-built is nicer for making custom sized or corner space base/station modules, instead of the predefined 8x8 large "airplane" type of parts, even tho it does obviously increase parts count quite a bit.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 12/31/2023 at 6:54 PM, playgood said:

Here's a Space Police 2 remake that I've been messing around with, that uses some technics and parts from the 2024 City Space Sets.

If those were real sets I'd buy ten of each.

As I said on Brickset: Anybody else see that helmet the miner is wearing in 60428 and think of the spacesuit from Doctor Who? You know, the one that originated in the 2006 episodes The Impossible Planet / The Satan Pit and had been used a lot since?

While I was out doing errands today I picked up the Interstellar Spaceship set! Great little build.

I'm gonna save some of the bigger sets until I'm doing a Lego order or store trip.