9 hours ago, Aanchir said:

There are lots more pics up here! The green astronaut has a hoverbike parked outside (same engines as the polybag one but built different in the back to accommodate his wheelchair). No green droid, but there is a sleeping compartment and, according to the set description, a kitchen with water and juice dispensers. Seems like a nice add-on to the main base overall.

Wonder where that kitchen is supposed to hide if it isn't made up of just something on a 2x1 base.

Something I also noticed: The dome is made up from trans black, but even on those marketing pictures it looks way to blue for my taste. The color seems to only really work smaller quantities and without much backlight giving it that shiny black look. Even the small rover imho has this problem..

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Wonder where that kitchen is supposed to hide if it isn't made up of just something on a 2x1 base.

Probably part of the same build section as the sleeping compartment. The outer wall for that section is 16 studs wide, but the sleeping compartment itself just takes up the eight studs in the center, leaving a roughly 2x4 space for additional furnishings on either side In the close-up image of the sleeping compartment you can see a little bit past the right wall of the sleeping compartment that I think is meant to be a shower, so the kitchen might likewise be in the space past the left wall (which is unfortunately not visible in any of the pics so far).

Truth be told, "kitchen" is probably not the most accurate descriptor if it really is only equipped with two beverage dispensers, though perhaps there could be other details there not mentioned in the set description like a mini-fridge or microwave oven. If not, the space is just big enough that it may be possible to mod in a feature like that using a 2x2x2 mailbox or 2x3x2 cupboard piece.

EDIT: I was just Googling to see if any other sites had listings for this set yet, and the Target (US) listing includes a lifestyle video that shows a brief glimpse (around 3 seconds in) of what does indeed appear to be a black 2x3x2 cupboard with a Tr. Light Blue door to represent a mini-fridge or oven of some sort. Unfortunately the angle does not show the drink dispensers, but there is a white mug sitting on top of the cupboard piece, so I assume the drink dispensers are a little further to the left.

I imagine LEGO's own listing for the set might go up on Monday, since online retailers started posting pics of the Friends rover just shortly before LEGO revealed it on their own website.

EDIT 2: I just noticed the description also mentions a food-delivery drone? But I can't see this in any of the photos or videos revealed so far, so I have no idea what that looks like or where it's tucked away.

Edited by Aanchir

Was waiting to see the official price before saying anything, because the rumored $35 sounded suspiciously cheap, but the target listing confirms it! This set looks fantastic, I like how it's trying to be a complete living space, which is definitely something the big base was missing. That fact becomes even better given that the sets are meant to combine, so you can add the living quarters to the base. I also really like the rock/plant column in the center, it really makes it seem like the lab was built around this specimen in order to study it better. The little alien in the space outfit is adorable, and I like the inclusion of the wheelchair compatible space scooter! My biggest gripe is the repetition of the pilot commander from the $20 set, but if you swap out the arms, hand, and head and give her the helmet from the alien buddy, you can make a generic pilot, so that's what I'm going to be doing with the set. At $35. this is pretty much a mast-have for me!

49 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Probably part of the same build section as the sleeping compartment. The outer wall for that section is 16 studs wide, but the sleeping compartment itself just takes up the eight studs in the center, leaving a roughly 2x4 space for additional furnishings on either side In the close-up image of the sleeping compartment you can see a little bit past the right wall of the sleeping compartment that I think is meant to be a shower, so the kitchen might likewise be in the space past the left wall (which is unfortunately not visible in any of the pics so far).

Truth be told, "kitchen" is probably not the most accurate descriptor if it really is only equipped with two beverage dispensers, though perhaps there could be other details there not mentioned in the set description like a mini-fridge or microwave oven. If not, the space is just big enough that it may be possible to mod in a feature like that using a 2x2x2 mailbox or 2x3x2 cupboard piece.

EDIT: I was just Googling to see if any other sites had listings for this set yet, and the Target (US) listing includes a lifestyle video that shows a brief glimpse (around 3 seconds in) of what does indeed appear to be a black 2x3x2 cupboard with a Tr. Light Blue door to represent a mini-fridge or oven of some sort. Unfortunately the angle does not show the drink dispensers, but there is a white mug sitting on top of the cupboard piece, so I assume the drink dispensers are a little further to the left.

I imagine LEGO's own listing for the set might go up on Monday, since online retailers started posting pics of the Friends rover just shortly before LEGO revealed it on their own website.

EDIT 2: I just noticed the description also mentions a food-delivery drone? But I can't see this in any of the photos or videos revealed so far, so I have no idea what that looks like or where it's tucked away.

And there is a shower xD. Also I think the towel holder is on the wrong side,because I have no idea what the silver ring could be else.

2 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

And there is a shower xD. Also I think the towel holder is on the wrong side,because I have no idea what the silver ring could be else.

I feel like that ring may be a hand-hold to assist the green-suited astronaut in getting up from bed and into his wheelchair!

Posted (edited)

I wonder if the price being so good for the City space lab, that it perhaps is an exclusive.  there have been other recent sets like 2023 Dreamzzz village or 2023 3-in-1 Birdhouse, that have been exclusives as well in the €30 price range.

Still a fantastic set.

Edited by TeriXeri

The Science Lab is as good, maybe even better than what I  had hoped for.  I will probably get multiples.  I will think of a way to make this into a corner extension or T.

2 hours ago, Mondo-TRON said:

The Science Lab is as good, maybe even better than what I  had hoped for.  I will probably get multiples.  I will think of a way to make this into a corner extension or T.

Too good for a 35€ set

Seeing the prices of the 2022 space sets its a bargain 

No one has mentioned this yet but i just. Ntoiced that there is Classic Astronaut plush and she is in pink suit. It makes me think there will be more astronauts in different colors. Right now, I don’t see any on Lego website yet. But i think it’s cool to see astronaut plush rather than Staw Wars plushies!

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

No one has mentioned this yet but i just. Ntoiced that there is Classic Astronaut plush and she is in pink suit. It makes me think there will be more astronauts in different colors. Right now, I don’t see any on Lego website yet. But i think it’s cool to see astronaut plush rather than Staw Wars plushies!

There are also red and blue ones, though they sold out pretty quickly here. Haven´t even seen the Blue and Pink one avaiable at all, and the red one was gone after one day too.

18 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I feel like that ring may be a hand-hold to assist the green-suited astronaut in getting up from bed and into his wheelchair!

Makes also sense.  But I still wonder who's idea it was to put a bed into the dome with the weird alien plants xD

6 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Makes also sense.  But I still wonder who's idea it was to put a bed into the dome with the weird alien plants xD

I guess alien plants could strangle humans.

6 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

There are also red and blue ones, though they sold out pretty quickly here. Haven´t even seen the Blue and Pink one avaiable at all, and the red one was gone after one day too.

Ah i see, thanks.  I didn’t realize that.  I prefer blue over other two colors  so I will wait for it come back in stock. 

8 hours ago, Lion King said:

Are you referring to the Lego astronaut plush figures sold through Target a few years back?  They came in white, pink, red, and blue.  They can be bought on the secondary market for about $25 each.  The white one tends to be the least expensive and the blue one the most expensive.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=lego+target+astronaut+plush&_sacat=0&_odkw=lego+spaceman+plush&_osacat=0

23 minutes ago, Space78 said:

Are you referring to the Lego astronaut plush figures sold through Target a few years back?  They came in white, pink, red, and blue.  They can be bought on the secondary market for about $25 each.  The white one tends to be the least expensive and the blue one the most expensive.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=lego+target+astronaut+plush&_sacat=0&_odkw=lego+spaceman+plush&_osacat=0

They look quite the same, so might just be Lego returning them and selling them worldwide now. Interesting though, that the white one didn´t got a return yet, as white and red are the most classic ones after all

13 hours ago, Space78 said:

I wasn’t aware.

This looks excellent! The lack of a robot and inability to reconfigure the wall sections are minor disappointments, and the use of stickers for all new (non-Minifig) patterned pieces really bothers me (I was hoping for some new printed consoles). Other than that, though, I like it! The spacesuit alien is adorable (nice detail that it wears a helmet inside the base), the trans-black quarter domes are very useful, and the structure overall lends itself to being modified and used in multiples to create a large base. I also appreciate the design-language consistency in that the wheelchair-accessible hoverbike has a similar design as the polybag one. 

On 3/2/2024 at 2:18 PM, Aanchir said:

That is what I was thinking as well. 

I don't think it already has been discussed here,  do you people think the very closed up builds of the buildings are actually fun for children that would want to play with them?

Because if you think of it, most play sets are either open from the back, or they open in a way that gives you access while still providing a sense of outside and inside or transforming it into a different build, this being very common for many castle sets.

The space bases of this year on the other hand don't really work that way when opened up anymore. Obviously I cannot really talk about the dome, but the crane base becomes really flimsy when opened, as it really misses an endpoint and the landing gear things on the side start to collide very soon and have to be turned away. Also, as the crane with the useless backpack rack is still in the middle of the whole building it doesn't create a nice play area either as the space actually inside the base is still extremly restricted. The dome looks the same from the pictures. Either it is closed and can basically not be played with, or it is opened but looses basically all it dome-iness to provide like 3 studs to play on.

Finally some new information on the mythical black spaceship. Bad news - It sounds terrible! 

10391 [Moments Space] / $109.99 / 966 Pieces / September 20 release 
Description: "The set includes a black spaceship with a long trail for it to hang on to and keep it from falling off. The ship is almost all black, with a few gray parts and a gold cockpit in the front. On its wings are two symbols that represent exactly this spaceship and something that looks like a rainbow. The writing on the ship is "Atlantis Apts". The spaceship's trail (which is bigger than the ship itself) consists mostly of green, orange, blue, and pink colours, with white parts at the end. The set also includes a frame with 49 headpieces with different skin colors and many new face prints. The frame says "My Phriends" and has two black and gold space helmets. The set includes two minifigures (with torso and leg prints); male and female. They wear gray suits and the space helmets seem to be for them." 

Well I will wait for Pics before I judge it but it sounds kinda strange. Where do those infos come from anyways? I mean it doesn´t sound like something that would be completely unlikely from Lego, but especially the writing is something that just sounds off to me. Or I just don´t get the meaning.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Where do those infos come from anyways? 

Instagram (@fateful_lego). 

22 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

I mean it doesn´t sound like something that would be completely unlikely from Lego, but especially the writing is something that just sounds off to me. Or I just don´t get the meaning.

It kind of sounds like the Gotham skyline. I just hope that the ship is actually detailed and playable, rather than just a decoration. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Uh, so it's definitely not a Blacktron Renegade remake then. Maybe I can take it off my wanted list.

I don't know what to think...

Was hoping for a remake or tribute to a vintage Space subtheme, that description doesn't sound like it is.

Same here, though I was hoping for something other than the Renegade... Blacktron still would have been fine, I just don't like asymmetrical designs.

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It kind of sounds like the Gotham skyline. I just hope that the ship is actually detailed and playable, rather than just a decoration. 

Hmm, for me it did sound like the Rainbow pooping Unicorn just turned into a spaceship. I would still guess it is a Spaceship model and not only something like a 3d picture. Likely more related to the Everyone is awesome Set than to actually older Spacesets, though.

What still doesn´t make sense to me is the Atlantis Apts writing. I mean, Atlantis could be the name of the Spaceship, that wouldn´t be really off but what is Apts supposed to mean? The only thing that comes to my mind is Arpartements, which doesn´t really make sense on a spaceship. So maybe the one that shared the info has read it wrong from some bad quality pic, which would make most sense to me. Or it has some meaning I am just missing here. Third option would be that it would be a complete fake but then they wouldn´t add such an info that doesn´t seem to make much sense I guess.

Posted (edited)

Personally, I think someone made the description up and is trolling us. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened... (Licensed forum is littered with threads and comments by people with "inside info" who in reality just want to stir the muck and cause trouble!)

Edited by Murdoch17