Glad I placed my order Friday.  Set to arrive tomorrow. 

Yeah, either Lego way underestimated the demand for these, or purposely made this a very limited release.

Any chance they kept some back for an Insiders double points weekend????

11 hours ago, Space78 said:

Any chance they kept some back for an Insiders double points weekend????

For a double Insiders weekend? Doubtful. These days I have the impression you have to be happy with the double points alone.

Happy to have bit the bullet too, and ordered a large set last Sunday, with the gift included.

On 2/21/2024 at 2:22 AM, GreenhouseBricker said:

Is anyone making any alt-minifigure factions with the 2024 sets?

Maybe at some point, perhaps some hybrid factions with some nexo knight figures as they got suitable figure parts and colors and while that theme brought me back in 2016, the newness of it definately has worn off by now as that theme is 6-8 year old now.

And many nexo figs used the same helmet as the 2024 City space (or 2023 Divers), so with normal visors they'll fit in.

And then a few sets with different City space logos from 2019/2022/2024 etc.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

Wha are alt-minifigures?

Alternative minifigures...

12 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Alternative minifigures...

Yeah , i knw what “alt” means but and what it is exactly? I never heard of that before. 

Edited by Lion King

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

Yeah , i knw what “alt” means but and what it is exactly? I never heard of that before. 

Well it could be a lot of different things, basically just customizing them. I have been trying to make some new factions to complement the 2024 city space minifigures. Mostly just replacing arms, helmets, heads and accessories. I have a few of the white and black 'modern' space helmets with from some 2022-23 city sets. So I am starting with a black faction as a security or policing force. Once I have some other colours of space helmets I can add more factions. 

I find that the 2024 space hoverbike 30663 poly bag is the cheapest way to do this. They are only about $1 more then a CMF and come with a lot more pieces.

I am also trying to create additional environment for my minifigures by replicating the style of the moon or planet that the 2024 space wave 1 is based on. You can see my first attempt in the background of the photo.

On 2/20/2024 at 8:22 PM, GreenhouseBricker said:

Is anyone making any alt-minifigure factions with the 2024 sets?

image4.jpeg

Edited by GreenhouseBricker

9 minutes ago, GreenhouseBricker said:

Well it could be a lot of different things, basically just customizing them. I have been trying to make some new factions to complement the 2024 city space minifigures. Mostly just replacing arms, helmets, heads and accessories. I have a few of the white and black 'modern' space helmets with from some 2022-23 city sets. So I am starting with a black faction as a security or policing force. Once I have some other colours of space helmets I can add more factions. 

I find that the 2024 space hoverbike 30663 poly bag is the cheapest way to do this. They are only about $1 more then a CMF and come with a lot more pieces.

I am also trying to create additional environment for my minifigures by replicating the style of the moon or planet that the 2024 space wave 1 is based on. You can see my first attempt in the background of the photo.

Thank you for taking your time to explain waht it meant. I just didn’t what was alt-minifigure becuase I am visually impaired. Thus I can’t see what that image you posted depicted of.  

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

Thank you for taking your time to explain waht it meant. I just didn’t what was alt-minifigure becuase I am visually impaired. Thus I can’t see what that image you posted depicted of.  

Ahh no worries, glad it helped.

9 hours ago, LCP said:

Lego City 60439 & New Lego City Paper Pack.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C39F58Cpq7S/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

First pic of the science lab! 
I cannot tell if the quarter domes are clear or trans-black, due to the dark blue background. I really like the rock column that the lab seems to be built around and the fact that the structure unfolds, though I do wish that there were more research equipment besides 3-4 stickered screens. 
Two airlocks make this easy to connect with the other sets (and to combine multiples, as the set is only $35 IIRC), and the front door seems to be built similarly to that of the main base. 
Unfortunately no new colour (just green and dark blue reuses), but the spacesuit print Dreamling body is really cute, and I like the concept of one of the little aliens befriending the astronauts and working alongside them! 

8 hours ago, Lyichir said:

https://lego.bricksmegastore.com/products/lego-friends-space-research-rover

Pics of the new Friends space rover! It's super cute!

That is really cute! No new canopies, but some clever reuses of the ones from the Mars base; I particularly like the curved module roof piece being used as a windscreen. Also, those wheels are back in production after a few years (new Clone Turbo Tank coming?), and the reddish orange recolour will come in very handy. 
I wonder if we will see some blue aliens show up in any of the City sets. 🤔

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

First pic of the science lab! 
I cannot tell if the quarter domes are clear or trans-black, due to the dark blue background. I really like the rock column that the lab seems to be built around and the fact that the structure unfolds, though I do wish that there were more research equipment besides 3-4 stickered screens. 
Two airlocks make this easy to connect with the other sets (and to combine multiples, as the set is only $35 IIRC), and the front door seems to be built similarly to that of the main base. 
Unfortunately no new colour (just green and dark blue reuses), but the spacesuit print Dreamling body is really cute, and I like the concept of one of the little aliens befriending the astronauts and working alongside them! 

You're right, it does look a bit minimalist, but maybe there's more not in this picture?  At first I did not realize that center structure was a rock, but I suspect you are right.  However, the black "vines" coming out of it seem a bit creepy to me.  If that's a rock structure, what are those black vines with "flowers" and pink frogs on them?  Seems odd to me.

Just now, Space78 said:

You're right, it does look a bit minimalist, but maybe there's more not in this picture?  

I think that there will be a module included, as two airlock pieces can be seen connected on the right side of the image, but given the overall structure and $35 price tag, I suspect that there is not much more to this set than what we currently see. I am honestly fine with that, though, since it makes the set easy to modify and expand the overall facility (sleeping quarters module, mess hall module, etc). 

6 minutes ago, Space78 said:

However, the black "vines" coming out of it seem a bit creepy to me.  If that's a rock structure, what are those black vines with "flowers" and pink frogs on them?  Seems odd to me.

Those plants appeared in the landscape side-build in the command rover, so maybe the frogs are meant to be blossoms? That or space frogs. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Space78 said:

You're right, it does look a bit minimalist, but maybe there's more not in this picture?  At first I did not realize that center structure was a rock, but I suspect you are right.  However, the black "vines" coming out of it seem a bit creepy to me.  If that's a rock structure, what are those black vines with "flowers" and pink frogs on them?  Seems odd to me.

Alien plant? Alien resident IG in a rock structure? Who knows… I don’t think it’s odd to me at all since it’s SCI-FI…

Edited by Lion King

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Space78 said:

I mean, there are four sides to the building. One has an airlock to the outside and a single screen, one has a closed up but coupling airlock and nothing else. One has somthing that looks like a bed and one has an actually used airlock and a microscope in the corner. Could really contain more science stuff

I think there is also not much use when closed, but it could actually look quite nice.  Also the question is, what the attached module contains. And if there are others coming to actually use the open module space.

Edited by mon-o-mat
wording

Posted (edited)

Friends Rover looks awesome and that side build is amazing too, makes 60432: Command Rover and Crane Loader looks even less of a deal, especially in USA where it's $85 and Friends rover is $50.

Science lab looks like a good deal as well, love the idea that they put one of the small aliens in it's own spacesuit for inside, and it's a lot more friendly compared to the Andromedon suit from Xcom2.

Edited by TeriXeri

13 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Pics of the new Friends space rover! It's super cute!

It's absolutely amazing. Wow. Minidoll fans always getting the sets I want. 😭

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

First pic of the science lab

4 of those quarter domes in a $35 set is surprising in a good way. Also surprised to see an alien astronaut!

52 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Friends Rover looks awesome and that side build is amazing too, makes 60432: Command Rover and Crane Loader looks even less of a deal, especially in USA where it's $85 and Friends rover is $50.

Science lab looks like a good deal as well, love the idea that they put one of the small aliens in it's own spacesuit for inside, and it's a lot more friendly compared to the Andromedon suit from Xcom2.

$50 stil seems to be to expensive for what you get. But this set has clearly the better impelementation of the living quarter module. Simply because it is open in the back it allows for slighlty more space inside and a better acess compared to the Command Rovers, that wastes huge ammount of space and bricks to provide the slot for the module with its tiny 6x6 playspace inside.

I just realized the Rover leaked on the last day of Febrovery. But only because it's leap year. Also, this is the first official Lego rover that reminds me of a Febrovery rover, thanks to the awesome colors and fantastic shape.

Posted (edited)

The science lab looks good! I hope those quarter domes are in trans black (it's a little hard to tell especially since these sets often have it look lighter on the box art, but it seems to match the lower windows). The little alien getting its own space suit is cute!

One thing I hoped for from it doesn't seem to be there, though, that being a second type of green science droid (the other "factions" all have two but the only green one is the one from the other base). I still wouldn't completely rule it out since this one picture doesn't necessarily show off the full set all that well.

Edited by Lyichir

Yeah, the alien in the space suit and the quarter domes are the gems of this set, IMO.

By the way, does the science lab have a set number that's been revealed?

4 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

One has an airlock to the outside and a single screen

It looks like a vertical sliding door similar to the main base’s, and there may be a second screen on the other side of the door (the image is cropped, so the edge of that segment is not visible). 

Something else that I noticed - The wall segments appear to be connected via clip and bar bricks instead of traditional hinges. This means that the airlocks can be rearranged to create more uniquely-shaped complexes (when combined with multiples and other sets)! 

9 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

One thing I hoped for from it doesn't seem to be there, though, that being a second type of green science droid (the other "factions" all have two but the only green one is the one from the other base). I still wouldn't completely rule it out since this one picture doesn't necessarily show off the full set all that well.

Most sets have side-builds, and nearly all of the City Space ones do (the Interstellar Spaceship is the one exception, and even that has a small drone-jetpack), so I expect that there are a few bits that are just out of view. Maybe a robot and a small rover? 🤔
One thing that is a bit unlikely but that I would like to see is an exo-suit of some sort for the green guy; a wheelchair is fine for inside the base, but there is nowhere for him to put a life-support pack or equipment (and I have no idea how he would be able to navigate over the rough terrain!). 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

One thing that is a bit unlikely but that I would like to see is an exo-suit of some sort for the green guy; a wheelchair is fine for inside the base, but there is nowhere for him to put a life-support pack or equipment (and I have no idea how he would be able to navigate over the rough terrain!). 

There are lots more pics up here! The green astronaut has a hoverbike parked outside (same engines as the polybag one but built different in the back to accommodate his wheelchair). No green droid, but there is a sleeping compartment and, according to the set description, a kitchen with water and juice dispensers. Seems like a nice add-on to the main base overall.

Edited by Aanchir