Sign in to follow this  
danielsmocs

Honda Civic Type-R (Ek9) 1:16

Hi there, I like to present you my newest creation: a ~1:16 scale model of the Honda Civic Type-R (EK9). 

Features

• opening front- and backdoors
  • opening hood and trunk
  • removable engine which can be displayed separately 
  • detailed interior
  • fully detailed bottom of the car
  • working suspension
  • custom-made stickers
  • custom.made silver parts
  • over 1460 parts
  • sturdy design
  • scale: approx. 1:16
  • dimensions: approx. 17cm x 13cm x 11cm / studs: (L33 W16 H?)

Pictures below and more pictures here: Honda Civic Type-R (Ek9) by danielsmocs @ BrickSafe or Honda Civic Type-R (Ek9) by danielsmocs @ FlickR

1280x577.jpg  1280x577.jpg

Thanks for waching! 

Nice job! It's an impressive-looking and very detailed model, and the fact that it's modeling a FWD hot hatch makes it a lot more interesting than the typical models in this class!

Beautiful design, really nice shaping!

How does the suspension work? Is it based on the 1x2 rubber pieces? Kind of like a mini independent suspension, right?

4 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Beautiful design, really nice shaping!

How does the suspension work? Is it based on the 1x2 rubber pieces? Kind of like a mini independent suspension, right?

Hi, thanks a lot! 

Yes exactly! I used this rubber piece 45590. It has not a huge rage of spring but it is a nice compact design. And it is the same construction for front and rear, only turned 180°. 

Really nice level of detail, great job, are those stud shooter triggers, for the pedals? I have an over abundance of those darn things, good to see alternate uses for it.

On 8/9/2023 at 6:30 PM, Johnny1360 said:

Really nice level of detail, great job, are those stud shooter triggers, for the pedals? I have an over abundance of those darn things, good to see alternate uses for it.

The pedals I believe are actually this piece.

Great moc @danielsmocs! I really like the chrome and overall shape of the car. It looks great from the front!

It's rare to see JDM ( Japanese domestic market ) model's in lego. There us only hope that you take on a few more as this is very well done. And certainly one I would like to have on the shelf.  At least you didn't K20a motor swap it. Well done again.  👏 

This Honda is the best car I have ever seen in this scale. Such a clean design, great quality stickers. Flawless work! :thumbup:

Super-detailed and functional (you can open everything). Motor and pedals are lovely. I also like how the roof is skewed towards the front.

Hi, thanks for the nice comments! I really appreciate it. 

@Johnny1360 @Fluwoeb yes, it's the "Arm Mechanical, Exo-Force" I used this part as pedals for many of my models. But I never found another sensible use for it, yet!

@brickless_kiwi For some reason all my last models had been JDM... Let's see what comes next :-) Probably something with a K20 swap :pir_tong2:

@Akassin Thank you very much! That's not a every-day-praise! 

Definitely one of the best models in this class, the characteristic elements of the real model are perfectly reproduced :)