Sign in to follow this  
tomfow

More classic models on the way?

These lower are all the entries from lego fan vote for 90th years celebration (in order of how many votes they got) https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/fd5cc3b8-284f-4520-825f-7c3f5e4a50fe
And what I find more curious is, that so far we got 7 sets one for each theme so...Next year we are getting Majisto ..It seems to me to be little pattern..
-We got so far 3 sets per year
-Usually 1-2 biggers and rest smaller ones
-one space theme and one castle at least..

tl dr; with Majisto...I bet we are getting one space set next year :)
(and sorry for probably overthinking it, I was looking into possibility of getting new Aqua set :)

Bionicle - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  40581 Bionicle Tahu and Takua (2023 tiny)
    Classic Space - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  10497 Galaxy Explorer (2022 big)
    Pirates - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  10320 Eldorado Fortress (2023 big)
    Trains -
    Adventurers -
    Classic Castle -
    Forestmen - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  40567 Forest Hideout (2022 small)
    Lion Knights - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  10305 Lion Knights Castle (2022 big)
    Imperials -
    Town -
    Black Knights -
    Model Team -
    Dragon Knights - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  40601 Majisto Promo (2024 small)
    Space Police -  ++
    Rock Raiders -
    Studios -
    Blacktron - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 40580 Blacktron Cruiser (2023 small)
    Ice Planet -  ++
    Black Falcons -
    Aquazone -  ++
    M-Tron -  ++
    Alpha Team -
    Paradisa -
    Time Cruisers -
    Wolfpack -
    Exploriens -
    Arctic -
    Divers -

Thank you for attention, I needed to write it before going to bed with calm,peace and no conspiracy theories ion head :D

They could just stop doing that and then none of this has any meaning. Wasting time on such speculation is as productive as asking random strangers on the street about their opinion on the matter. Or straight to the point: It's utterly and completely pointless. Companies do what companies do and LEGO is just another big corporate blob whose decision making eludes anyone not working inside at the highest levels.

Mylenium

There was a Trains 40th anniversary GWP in 2019/2020 that fits the pattern of being a remake of a smallish classic minifig playset. You should edit your post to include it.

8 minutes ago, icm said:

There was a Trains 40th anniversary GWP in 2019/2020 that fits the pattern of being a remake of a smallish classic minifig playset. You should edit your post to include it.

I guess they don't include it as their argument is that this pattern occurred after the results of that poll. There have also been promos that are tangential to past themes such as Town, where they fit with modern City or Modulars and completely irrelevant promos such as houses of the world and botanicals. Others should also have been ticked off. Classical Castle, Black Falcons, Imperials. Personally,  I cannot see a pattern. I just see LEGO selling stuff they think will sell. The original list contained a lot of nostalgia because that was the point of it, and they know nostalgia sells. If the poll hadn't have been done, I doubt the themes of the sets recently released would really have been very different.

On 8/2/2023 at 9:07 AM, Mylenium said:

Wasting time on such speculation is as productive as asking random strangers on the street about their opinion on the matter. Or straight to the point: It's utterly and completely pointless. 

However may they enjoy thinking about this and making lists and charts in which case they haven't wasted a second because they enjoyed following this train of thought.

As it is personally I don't think it will follow this exact (or any) pattern but they will definitely keep making these classic sets.

On 8/2/2023 at 11:07 AM, Mylenium said:

They could just stop doing that and then none of this has any meaning. Wasting time on such speculation is as productive as asking random strangers on the street about their opinion on the matter. Or straight to the point: It's utterly and completely pointless. Companies do what companies do and LEGO is just another big corporate blob whose decision making eludes anyone not working inside at the highest levels.

Mylenium

I get his point, there is a clear pattern with the releases and Lego has clearly shown that they want to bring back classic themes as either large expensive sets or smaller GWP sets. I strongly disagree that speculation is pointless because the classic style sets have been very popular and it would be very strange if they suddenly stopped producing them.

On 8/2/2023 at 12:07 AM, tomfow said:

tl dr; with Majisto...I bet we are getting one space set next year :)

I hope we'll get a Space Police or Futuron set next year, it would make sense because they are from the same era as Blacktron and the later Classic Space sets. 

The rumored Moments subtheme of Lego Icons may end up being a subtheme for classic style sets.

I don't know what exactly will happen next year but 2024 is rumored to be the year of Space. How much of that will be "Classic" style will be interesting to see. The large black Space set is suspected to be Blacktron.

There's also the rumored Viking and Medieval Villages in the works.

On 8/2/2023 at 1:07 AM, Mylenium said:

Wasting time on such speculation is as productive as asking random strangers on the street about their opinion on the matter. Or straight to the point: It's utterly and completely pointless.

And therefore the perfect thing to discuss on an internet fan forum. 😁

1 hour ago, danth said:

There's also the rumored Viking and Medieval Villages in the works. 

The Viking Village is confirmed and releasing in October of this year. 

I'm so excited by these new perspectives of getting more retro vibes sets.

Like a lot of you guys here I'm fonded of unlicenced classic themes and 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay get me back into LEGO after 15 years of "dark age".

Edited by Khargeust

Probably this is an unpopular opinon, but I hope the classic Moments sets are not too faithful to the old sets. I like modernized sets with new parts / new building techniques. 

Anyways, I’m very curious about the space-themed Moments set. According to BrickClicker, this set could be released either this October OR April next year. To me, I thin it’s strange that it already has a vague description, such as a black ship, customization head, number of minifigure that early IF it would be scheduled to release in April next year. We shall see!

I would love to see Adventuer set, like Sphinx! :)

5 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Probably this is an unpopular opinon, but I hope the classic Moments sets are not too faithful to the old sets. I like modernized sets with new parts / new building techniques. 

I for one have no problem with modernized versions. Honestly I prefer that. Give everything the Galaxy Explorer Treatment.

And, of course, everyone say it with me: NO. STICKERS.

No seriously say it with me. TLG has people reading these boards.

2 minutes ago, danth said:

I for one have no problem with modernized versions. Honestly I prefer that. Give everything the Galaxy Explorer Treatment.

I hear ya and I will say it wiht ya, buddy!

1 minute ago, danth said:

The only throwback/remake set to have stickers was the Blacktron Cruiser GWP, so it seems like LEGO is avoiding stickers in nostalgia sets when possible. 
I agree, though; I can tolerate stickers in other themes, but putting them into classic theme sets just feels wrong! 

1 minute ago, Lion King said:

I hear ya and I will say it wiht ya, buddy!

But you didn't type the words. You gotta say it! 😁

11 minutes ago, danth said:

But you didn't type the words. You gotta say it! 😁

Haha, fair enough!

No stickers, please!!! Get it memorized, Lego?

Edited by Lion King

I agree on the no Stickers. While I can understand it in certain Sets, that would need tons of printed bricks, There are many Sets where I they really disappoint me. The Indiana Jones Display Set for instance, 

40580 Blacktron Cruiser was so disappointing  because of stickers.

I manage to get one buying 10320 Eldorado Fortress in july but I sold it on secondary market. My regret was I didn't get the minifigurine. 

If 10391 is a remake of the Blacktron Renegade I sincerely hope they put the budget on printed parts only.

2 hours ago, danth said:

TLG has people reading these boards.

You think we make them taking decisions ? ;-)

3 hours ago, Khargeust said:

I manage to get one buying 10320 Eldorado Fortress in july but I sold it on secondary market. My regret was I didn't get the minifigurine. 

Out of curiousity, why you sold that Eldorado set?

11 hours ago, danth said:

NO STICKERS!!!!

The Galaxy Explorer is a great example how to modernize a set/theme while simultaneously keeping the original style and feeling. Similar sets for other space factions would be very cool. Maybe they could also manufacture some smaller sets that would be more similar to older sets in design and parts, I believe they still manufacture many of the critical parts for many space factions or at least still have the molds. Such sets would also appeal greatly to children so they could even be sold in stores

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

Out of curiousity, why you sold that Eldorado set?

I talked about my copy of the 40580 Blacktron Cruiser. No way I sold 10329 Eldorado Fortress !

10 hours ago, Khargeust said:

My regret was I didn't get the minifigurine. 

The figures are about 2.50 Euros each if you buy on online PAB. Ideal for those who don't like the set.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

The figures are about 2.50 Euros each if you buy on online PAB. Ideal for those who don't like the set.

Thank you, I didn't search for it. 

I will first wait for 10391 to be or not to be Blacktron Renegade remake ! ;-)