scarovich

[MOC] Autumn's Canvas

A model I created for Lego Ideas Billund exhibit challenge under the "All Seasons" category.

autumn_v5%20_4.jpg

autumn_v5%20_7.jpg

autumn_v5%20_11.jpg

autumn_v5%20_2.jpg

See more on Instagram or Flickr .

Edited by scarovich
Updated links

Wow! Beautiful scene overall, but that skirt steals the show. 

14 minutes ago, Kristel said:

Wow! Beautiful scene overall, but that skirt steals the show. 

Thanks.  That skirt did go through several iterations.  I felt more like a dress designer than a Lego builder when creating this one.

On 8/2/2023 at 5:25 AM, williejm said:

This is beautiful 

Thanks.  I'm thinking of turning this into a series and creating three more figures to represent the other seasons.

56 minutes ago, omerai said:

This is not just a MOC, this is an amazing piece of art. Beautiful!

Wow, thank you so much for the kind words.

1 hour ago, Corydoras said:

A truly stunning MOC. I'd lose the nose, though, as it looks like it's growing out of her forehead.

Thanks.  I had a version with eyes made from minifig hand attached to a curved slope for the nose.  I scrapped it for this design.  I'll have to play around with no facial features at all.

That is simply an amazing build, great transition from summer to fall and lots of interesting detail to guide the eye

5 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

That is simply an amazing build, great transition from summer to fall and lots of interesting detail to guide the eye

Thank you so much.  Glad you like it.

I'm a Technic guy but I have to say, this is pretty dang amazing. Creativity and artistic talent combined to make a really unique piece of Lego art! Incredible.

12 minutes ago, Lego Tom said:

I'm a Technic guy but I have to say, this is pretty dang amazing. Creativity and artistic talent combined to make a really unique piece of Lego art! Incredible.

Thank you so much.  I appreciate the comment.

This is fantastic! Is there a place where someone has created a tutorial on building these types of figures?

57 minutes ago, Sarles said:

This is fantastic! Is there a place where someone has created a tutorial on building these types of figures?

This is a basic poseable figure I created using various designs that can be found online.  If you do a online search for "Lego poseable figure instructions", you should come up with a number of videos show how to create some basic models.  Here's a video to a build that is rather similar and would make for a good starting point:

Very nice MOC. That dress is indeed very well done. I also like the ammount of scenery and presentation, most people building Figures don't bother.

I have been building Figures in a similar Scale (~1:6) but quite different styling (Anime/Manga characters). Maybe I'll post some of my MOCs here as well if something like that is welcome here.

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

Very nice MOC. That dress is indeed very well done. I also like the ammount of scenery and presentation, most people building Figures don't bother.

I have been building Figures in a similar Scale (~1:6) but quite different styling (Anime/Manga characters). Maybe I'll post some of my MOCs here as well if something like that is welcome here.

Thanks. You should definitely post you figure creations.  There are not many people doing these kinds builds but the talent among them is very impressive and I love seeing them.  The scenery in this had to be added as it is what defines the character.  I recently posted the third figure in this series "Spring's Renewal" with even more scenery making it more of a diorama.