1980SomethingSpaceGuy

[MOC] Bruce Wayne's Café Racer (42155 Batcycle alternate build)

Hi everyone!

I wanted to give a go at the B Model exercise. 42155 is an easy target: as a long time motorcycle enthusiast, I think it looks a bit off, even for the Batman.

The set has nice parts, I figured a modern café racer would be a good match for the ones that just can't be avoided: headlight, wheels and brake disks.
My version features a proper V4, steering, full suspension and lots of details.

y4m7IRwvNwlO1rKUdqaKdJQlwxL3IIlJMezS6XkQ

y4mTLKLW8FWlpW7D8Sgr00It-D9KwJNDNb6UYfSw

y4mH9AxV_ug6GTlj4GekOrOMxdYO3XKfBftuqgrf

y4mjOR1EOkkOV-a0aZJrG1DhHf6kp3yz4PFH0kFk

y4mFoSVzL5ejV4414OYYX-95zbCZb8I4A3pv7AST

Altogether I think it looks better than the A Model, so I'm happy.

Thanks for watching!

Edited by 1980SomethingSpaceGuy

Indeed that looks better than the original model. Maybe the wheels are a little too big for a café-racer but as minimalist scrambler it fits quite well.

This set seems to be a nice pieces source for motorcycle MOCs

Well done!

Brilliant B-Model, way better than the original in my opinion.

Seeing this, we really need non-IP vehicles back, where the panel usage isn't there for trying to look like the original models. Great job!

This model really looks better than Batcycle. This set is must buy because of this model. Do you plan building instruction?

5 hours ago, Jundis said:

Brilliant B-Model, way better than the original in my opinion.

Seeing this, we really need non-IP vehicles back, where the panel usage isn't there for trying to look like the original models. Great job!

Thanks! I tend to prefer free building; it's easier when you have limited parts like I do, or for a B model as here. And indeed, it allows for smoother part usage.

3 hours ago, rm8 said:

This model really looks better than Batcycle. This set is must buy because of this model. Do you plan building instruction?

Thank you! Yes, I will most likely also publish instructions for it, within a few weeks.

I agree with my learned friends, this is so much better than that from which it's born.

That is SO much better.  I am tempted to buy this set just to try to build it.  Hopefully you can consider releasing instructions?  I'd love to see this on Rebrickable

On 4/20/2023 at 10:03 PM, grum64 said:

I agree with my learned friends, this is so much better than that from which it's born.

Thanks! Nice to see you around, Grum! :)

On 4/21/2023 at 5:15 PM, ian74 said:

That is SO much better.  I am tempted to buy this set just to try to build it.  Hopefully you can consider releasing instructions?  I'd love to see this on Rebrickable

Thank you! Yes, I'll be publishing instructions on Rebrickable soon (expect a couple of weeks at least).

This looks like a proper motocycle, the official model is just a brick next to it.

I like it very much! :)

This is so cool! I have this set sitting unbuilt and was always unsure on the overall style of the bike. I’d really like to build your MOC cafe racer. Looking forwards to the instructions :)

Spoiler

*sarcasm on*

Now I need a second set: so please do not put this thing on Rebrickable!

*sarcasme off*

Very nicely done!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

18 hours ago, JunkstyleGio said:

Very nicely done!

Thank you!

Well, it'll take some time to publish instructions, since the rims and back tire are not yet available on Studio.
I found prototype models for LDD, but I'd have to adapt them for Studio, which is a new thing for me, so either I manage to do that or I'll wait until they're added to the Studio database.
This seems a bit strange to me, since those parts appeared with 10269 in 2019...

14 minutes ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Well, it'll take some time to publish instructions, since the rims and back tire are not yet available on Studio.

I found prototype models for LDD, but I'd have to adapt them for Studio, which is a new thing for me, so either I manage to do that or I'll wait until they're added to the Studio database.
This seems a bit strange to me, since those parts appeared with 10269 in 2019... 

Here's an .io file with the rim and back tire: https://bricksafe.com/files/mla2/other/46334 46335.io

I took these from https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/ It says they still need work which probably explains why they're missing in Studio. Also there's no connection points so you will need to move them into place manually.

Hope this helps.

These might help too

42155_bat_bicycle_219_red_db_plus_wheels

I've got the front and rear wheels as complete submodels.

You can find them for Ldraw here: https://brickshelf.com/gallery/JunkstyleGio/42155/wheels.ldr

And for Stud.io here: https://brickshelf.com/gallery/JunkstyleGio/42155/wheelsa.io

Best way to work with files like these is to open them in Parts desiger and save them as customparts.

Hey hello! Thanks a lot for the interest!
I couldn't spend a lot of time on this lately; the end of the academic year is near and I've a lot of less fun but more urgent matters to deal with.

It's coming soon!