51 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I would not be surprised if they did it to boost sales of those further and encourage people to buy multiples.

But given that the forestmen set was on anything, I would assume the same will be true for Majisto.

The GE is the only one that lends itself to multiples (I can see getting a second EF, but just buying the necessary parts to expand the fort and army-building Bluecoats on BrickLink is cheaper and more efficient). 

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This seems unlikely, since the target market for the Majisto's Workshop GWP would probably have already bought those sets! 

Not only that, but Majisto has no link to Classic Space or Pirates.

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The GE is the only one that lends itself to multiples (I can see getting a second EF, but just buying the necessary parts to expand the fort and army-building Bluecoats on BrickLink is cheaper and more efficient). 

Except for a number of as yet rare elements like the landing pads, half-circle tiles, engine elements, and the Classic Space tile, I have build the 10497-b version completely from bricks at home.
And since the printed elements of 10497 are now available too in Pick A Brick, I don't see a reason anymore to purchase a second copy of the set.

40601 Majisto GWP 
365 Pieces 
November 18th-19th Black Friday Insiders promo 
Minifigs are Majisto and two knights. 

Two knights is very interesting, as the original only had one; it remains to be seen which faction they represent, but I am beginning to wonder if they will just be Lions and the extra Minifig is to make up for the lack of a new (revived) faction. 

11 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

40601 Majisto GWP 
365 Pieces 
November 18th-19th Black Friday Insiders promo 
Minifigs are Majisto and two knights. 

Two knights is very interesting, as the original only had one; it remains to be seen which faction they represent, but I am beginning to wonder if they will just be Lions and the extra Minifig is to make up for the lack of a new (revived) faction. 

That is interesting. Thing is, we’re assuming it’s the Magical Workshop, but I haven’t seen that confirmed anywhere, so it could be something else. 

3 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

That is interesting. Thing is, we’re assuming it’s the Magical Workshop, but I haven’t seen that confirmed anywhere, so it could be something else. 

Good point! Maybe it is Majisto’s Tower? That has Majisto and two knights, and is small enough to be a GWP (though it does include a horse, which seems unlikely for a promo). 🤔

1906-1.jpg

6048-1.jpg

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

though it does include a horse, which seems unlikely for a promo

One of the x-mas promos have a horse this year and that has happened before as well. If they keep making Castle GWPs it is just a matter of time before they include a horse as well :shrug_oh_well:
3300014-1.jpg?201211140608

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

One of the x-mas promos have a horse this year and that has happened before as well. If they keep making Castle GWPs it is just a matter of time before they include a horse as well :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah, but the Christmas Promo has less than half the pieces that Majisto GWP has. Given that it already includes 3 Minifigures and has 365 pieces I would think a horse seems unlikely. Although it would be highly welcome. Also, I if we got the information about the number of minifigs we should have the info about the horse too, I guess?. Well horse or not, I am really looking forward to see that GWP

2 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Also, I if we got the information about the number of minifigs we should have the info about the horse too, I guess?. 

Maybe, but we also did not get any information about the actual build. 

Yeah, those leaks are strange sometimes ;). Where are this information coming from anyways? I mean the one stating it would be 3 minifigs.

22 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Where are this information coming from anyways? I mean the one stating it would be 3 minifigs.

Exabrickslegogo on IG. 

Thank you very much for the information! 🙂

I personally would prefer a re-design of set 1906 (instead of 6048).

Til now we always have been thinking of this GWP to be a re-design of a 90s Dragonmasters set with Majisto included. But what if it wasn't? It could - like last year's castle - be a set with references to older sets, but otherswise completely new. E. g. a carriage for Majisto guarded by two Dragonmaster knights. What do you think?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

28 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Til now we always have been thinking of this GWP to be a re-design of a 90s Dragonmasters set with Majisto included. But what if it wasn't? It could - like last year's castle - be a set with references to older sets, but otherswise completely new. E. g. a carriage for Majisto guarded by two Dragonmaster knights. What do you think?

The GWPs have been remakes, though. 

15 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The GWPs have been remakes, though.

The majority yes, but not all so far. E. g. look at 40597.😕

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

7 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

The majority yes, but not all so far. E. g. look at 40597.

I should have been more specific; I meant that all throwback tie-in GWPs have been remakes (Forestmen's Hideout, Blacktron Cruiser). 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I should have been more specific; I meant that all throwback tie-in GWPs have been remakes (Forestmen's Hideout, Blacktron Cruiser). 

You're right.

But IF it really was a re-design, with two knights and Majisto in it, then it could only be a re-design of Majisto's Tower. I would really like this, but I fear that then either the  minimum order value would be very high (guessing 250 Euros) or the set would be downgraded what we don't want, too. 😕

3 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

But IF it really was a re-design, with two knights and Majisto in it, then it could only be a re-design of Majisto's Tower. I would really like this, but I fear that then either the  minimum order value would be very high (guessing 250 Euros) or the set would be downgraded what we don't want, too. 😕

The promo has 365 pieces, so it is not going to be a downgrade (especially since the original set used mostly large '<insert that tiresome argument>' parts); the buy threshold is an issue, though. 🫤

So ist seems you're right. I looked at Bricklink and the Tower and the Workshop have nearly the same number of parts - the only significant difference is that the Tower has a horse, a flag, printed elements and one more minifigure included.

It seems as if a lot of money has to be saved in order to get this set then. 😉

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

4 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

So ist seems you're right. I looked at Bricklink and the Tower and the Workshop have nearly the same number of parts - the only significant difference is that the Tower has a horse, a flag, printed elements and one more minifigure included.

It seems as if a lot of money has to be saved in order to get this set then. 😉

Well the printed parts would likely become stickers. Unless Lego plans to make an other set with them inside. But then it would have to be one that is going to be introduced soon - so I don´t think it will happen. The Shields should be prints however. I mean, shields are playware and it just seems unlikely to me they wouldn´t be printed. Plus you can just use them in the Medival Market Set that is coming for the Shieldsmith.

However, if they are doing a redesign of 1906 I woud think it would be a more lose interpretation, as there are to many parts that are not in production anymore and I don´t think they will bring them back just for this set. The Knights helmet  for instance or the armour of the horse. It actually would be even possible if they replace the knights With Lion Knights and just make a completely new set out of it. Kinda like they are doing with the Medival Market and did with the Lion Knights Castle.

3 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Well the printed parts would likely become stickers. Unless Lego plans to make an other set with them inside. But then it would have to be one that is going to be introduced soon - so I don´t think it will happen.

The Blacktron Cruiser GWP had stickers, so that is possible; they could also make a single printed element that is used multiple times in the build (see the Viking village) and that can be reused in the Medieval Town Square, or make the dragon patterns brickbuilt. 

5 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Plus you can just use them in the Medival Market Set that is coming for the Shieldsmith.

I fully expect the shieldsmith’s shop to have a bunch of Easter-eggs (as the Lions’ castle did), and I am very excited about that! 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The Blacktron Cruiser GWP had stickers, so that is possible; they could also make a single printed element that is used multiple times in the build (see the Viking village) and that can be reused in the Medieval Town Square, or make the dragon patterns brickbuilt. 

Brick built sounds quite unlikely to me, as they would have to make it a lot bigger for that. And honestly, I don´t think a printed piece would fit into the Medieval Village, so that also seems kinda unlikely to me.

I fully expect the shieldsmith’s shop to have a bunch of Easter-eggs (as the Lions’ castle did), and I am very excited about that! 

The most iconic one missing likely would be the Wolfpack one now. And I would love to get that one in the set. But I would think they will also reuse already existing ones, so we will have to see how many new ones we actually get.

2 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

The most iconic one missing likely would be the Wolfpack one now. And I would love to get that one in the set. But I would think they will also reuse already existing ones, so we will have to see how many new ones we actually get.

We also need the Black Knights’ shield (both triangle and oval types), and ideally also the Dragon Masters (so that they can be included in the Majisto GWP). I could also see us getting the remaining Classic Castle heraldry (minus the Templar cross, obviously!). 

6 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Well the printed parts would likely become stickers. Unless Lego plans to make an other set with them inside. But then it would have to be one that is going to be introduced soon - so I don´t think it will happen. The Shields should be prints however. I mean, shields are playware and it just seems unlikely to me they wouldn´t be printed. Plus you can just use them in the Medival Market Set that is coming for the Shieldsmith.

Stickers is a big no for me.  I skipped the Blacktron cruiser for that very reason, and Blacktron Renegade was the first set I ever owned as a kid.

2 hours ago, Triceron said:

Stickers is a big no for me.  I skipped the Blacktron cruiser for that very reason, and Blacktron Renegade was the first set I ever owned as a kid.

Well, I understand your concern. Honestly I was quite torn to get the blacktron cruiser but as it had a quite high order value required I didn´t get it either. If there would have been only prints however, I think I would have goten it.

For the Majisto GWP I would expect a quite high value needed too but I will get it anyways. Because, well it is castle and that one is still my favourite. And I also belive, that you can just build it without stickers (I might still apply them, though) and it will not look like something is missing. In the Blacktron GWP´s case, well it is just a different story, as the Blacktron Logo same as the classic space one just belongs there.