Sign in to follow this  
LordDan

GoH 10 C: Sheepsville

Sheepsville is a small hamlet located in Mitgardia. Despite being small and isolated, it is well known for its thriving sheep trading industry and is an exporter of sheep to all parts of Historica.

52703193484_6d551434d2_h.jpg

Today Dan is visiting Sheepsville in an ambassadorial role, meeting with the village headwoman and discussing trade agreements for Avalonia.

52775239690_4f6c6f4259_h.jpg

Nearby, some of the locals are wrangling up some of the sheep that have gone a little wild.

“Hey! How’d ya end up over there!?”

52433412051_a05e69648f_h.jpg

Here are some additional detail pictures:

52776330140_4d49aa81b0_h.jpg

52774823301_e190a6bfe7_h.jpg 

Notes: I was inspired by this build by Simon S for the technique I used on the longhouse, which I think ended up looking really nice. I built this both for this challenge and for an in person LUG display in December, so it was built in a modular format to connect with other sections. The idea behind this is that it is kind of Mitgardia from an Avalonian's point of view, so its filled with stereotypical Mitgardian things and kind of pokes fun at them :grin: 

Lovely build.  I really like the stone work on the building and the use of the A frame.  The rockwork looks good.  It also seems that the polar bear and the water creature have other ideas about the sheep LOL.  

This is simply lovely, such a good use of rubber bands for the detailing along the edges of the house and great job getting a variety of classically Mitgardian things in here--the ice floes and polar bear are especially good!  The extra large, extra fluffy sheep are really fun too :laugh:

Oh man, I want to learn to make water like this.  The cold, deep water with the wind blowing across the surface can be felt!  The sea serpent is awesome, and a great use of that wedge part with eyes.  I really like the frozen broken up ice chunks with the polar bear on it. They look great!  Although we now have the molded sheep, I like the brick built ones you have here, and the use of the cloud plates is ingenious!  Speaking of some ingenious designs, the twisted rubber band is absolutely perfect for the Norse house.  The peak of the roof is really nice, and that symmetry seems very simple but looks quite complicated to pull off in reality.  I think you do a good job of blending the old school molded trees with some newer brick built ones, and I like your use of the twisted tiles on the roof. I would not have thought of that!

Fantastic use of cloud pieces for sheep! I really love your building. The rock effect is amazing and your roof looks incredible. The sea serpent biting the line and the fisherwoman's expression are a great touch of humor as is the sheep on the ice. Lovely work all around!

Very nice diorama! I like the house, the ship and the ice floes. That looks like a very dangerous area to me. A sea monster is in the water and a polar bear is approaching on the ice.

That house must be my favorite Mitgardian ever! I like the sturdy feeling and the clever details like using the rubber band!

Ecc is right, that house is the epitome of Mitgardianness :wub::wub:

The combination of wood and stone, the slanting walls, the rubber band detailing and rotated tile roofing... all are spot on :thumbup:

Super pretty ice floes and water too!

This is probably one of my favorite timber frame buildings ever, it just looks so sturdy and you've got great details all over the building! And that polar bear looks hungry, the sheep should watch out.