PxChris

New Rumored Pirate Set in July 2023

14 hours ago, _R_R_ said:

It looks cool but the design is stolen from MocYourBricks which sucks but I understand a lot of us don't care and given the price and size of the official Pearl those bootlegs look a lot more enticing, I actually ended up getting lucky and got a nice deal on an official Pearl which now sits proudly alongside the rest of the PoTC collection, it is really tiny tho! :pir_laugh2:

I know that is way I said "in the hopes" but it does seem like it's probably real.

That's why I bought it on the Bluebrixx website. It's a German brand that is very popular in Germany. They have also fysical stores just like Lego. They mentioned it's a moc from mocyourbricks and it's with permission with him. He receives a compensation. I hope more moccers will colaborate with Bluebrixx because competition is good for the consument. A monopoly is really bad. 

On 5/27/2023 at 2:48 AM, Mister Phes said:

Not everybody believes rumours.  You may be happy to believe information leaked on the internet that originated from a complete stranger you cannot even name (and I mean real name), but that's not enough for the next person.

Also there's been a recent history of pirate themed sets being rejected/ignored by LEGO Ideas and the Bricklink Designer Program to the point some people don't want to get their hopes up.

I mean I don’t believe every rumour I hear but this guy has offered visual proof for some of his star wars claims. This is a lot more reliable than the everyday rumour. Idk I guess I prefer to be optimistic 

25 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

I mean I don’t believe every rumour I hear but this guy has offered visual proof for some of his star wars claims. This is a lot more reliable than the everyday rumour. Idk I guess I prefer to be optimistic 

I do too!

And it's not just one guy making claims.  Various people have reported (particularly in the Classic Pirates Facebook Group) that an employee at their local LEGO store has mentioned a set being released in July.

The employees are unable to provide much information, but what they do share seems to allude to this rumoured Eldorado Fortress remake.

34 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

I do too!

And it's not just one guy making claims.  Various people have reported (particularly in the Classic Pirates Facebook Group) that an employee at their local LEGO store has mentioned a set being released in July.

The employees are unable to provide much information, but what they do share seems to allude to this rumoured Eldorado Fortress remake.

After years of pirates being sidelined maybe I’ve become too naive but man do I believe this wholeheartedly!!! And if we only had one page relay this information I’d be much more skeptical. At this point im just waiting for the day I open instagram and see a leak of it :))))

53 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

At this point im just waiting for the day I open instagram and see a leak of it :))))

If it is real it is probably one of those sets that leak maximum 24 hours before the set is revealed :pir-grin: This will not show up in store catalogues so must be a person who gets it hands on or at least the pictures for the press release and that happens very late in the process..

31 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If it is real it is probably one of those sets that leak maximum 24 hours before the set is revealed :pir-grin: This will not show up in store catalogues so must be a person who gets it hands on or at least the pictures for the press release and that happens very late in the process..

I get ya. Still hoping we get lucky. Maybe a leak similar to Camp Nou when a LAN member leaked it XD

11 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

I get ya. Still hoping we get lucky. Maybe a leak similar to Camp Nou when a LAN member leaked it XD

It is probably better if the LAN members do not leak it, and hopefully they have kicked out the bad seeds from the program now.. As long as the set is coming I do not need a leak, the best would be if it one day in June was revealed in all its glory I would say :pir-huzzah2:

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It is probably better if the LAN members do not leak it, and hopefully they have kicked out the bad seeds from the program now.. As long as the set is coming I do not need a leak, the best would be if it one day in June was revealed in all its glory I would say :pir-huzzah2:

For sure. I just can’t wait to get it!!!

The risk with relying on a former customer service employee rumour is that while they were likely telling the truth at the time, LEGO can, and has, changed things at the last minute before. Release dates can change, sets can be changed, sets can be scrapped. So it's looking hopeful, but it's not guaranteed until it actually releases.

The July vs January screenshot is interesting, because it's usually a three month exclusive period for LEGO before general release. Either way, it's (hopefully) something between one and seven months to wait. In the grand scheme of LEGO pirate sets, it's not long.

I just find it funny how websites are saying July 4th release for VIP’s and also being given the estimated price of 214.99$usd like it’s official 🤔

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

I just find it funny how websites are saying July 4th release for VIP’s and also being given the estimated price of 214.99$usd like it’s official 🤔

Which websites ?

On 5/28/2023 at 1:56 PM, DonQuixote said:

That's why I bought it on the Bluebrixx website. It's a German brand that is very popular in Germany. They have also fysical stores just like Lego. They mentioned it's a moc from mocyourbricks and it's with permission with him. He receives a compensation. I hope more moccers will colaborate with Bluebrixx because competition is good for the consument. A monopoly is really bad. 

That's cool I had no idea he was getting compensated by Bluebrixx since it seemed like Mould King just stole the design, let us know what you think of the build!

37 minutes ago, _R_R_ said:

That's cool I had no idea he was getting compensated by Bluebrixx since it seemed like Mould King just stole the design, let us know what you think of the build!

Yes, Mould King stole it. That's why I bought it at Bluebrixx. The same ship from Mould king is more expensive there because they compensate the designer. The Black Pearl : very impressive, 76cm, 18 canons. Good quality. Sleek and smooth design.Sails could be better, it's more plastic like instead of cloth and to small. Also  frinkled so I put them under a heavy book the whole day. The cabin is a little fragile. Defenitely not a play model because the cabin will fall apart easily. Rigging was a lot of work. Was not included so did it myself based on mocyourbricks. 160€ including shipping.2850+pieces.Very satisfied. Looks amazing. Ofcourse no minifigs but I already bought Jack Sparrow on Bricklink. If you're a fan of pirate ships or pirates of the caribbean, I can recommend this! Way better looking than Lego Black Pearl. Verdict : 8,5/10.

It would have been a 9,5 if the sails where bigger and not wrinkled and if the build of the cabin was more stable. 

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Published April 7 and has far more details then Bricksup...

Because outsiders can't beat Classic Pirates at their own game! :pir-triumph:

5 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Because outsiders can't beat Classic Pirates at their own game! :pir-triumph:

Also, I sat on that blog post for 5 days before publishing so those extra details could be harvested from our social network.

Not that the exact publishing date really matters given the information leaked April 2.

10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Also, I sat on that blog post for 5 days before publishing so those extra details could be harvested from our social network.

Not that the exact publishing date really matters given the information leaked April 2.

Information leaked april 2? I am beginning to question : was this a 1day late april fools joke? I have absolutely no belief that this set is coming untill I see actually proof. Just to save me from dissapointment. 

Just now, DonQuixote said:

Information leaked april 2? I am beginning to question : was this a 1day late april fools joke?

Maybe.  But it does seem strange that employees of LEGO stores are continuing this joke 2 months later.

The new 2K Drive sets have a pirate monster truck with a new colour for the tricorn with hair (black and tan), and then a more modern pirate torso and some stickers. But the hat is interesting and again could be doubled up in the new set?

That dark pink torso with a shark print? Looks not very pirate-ish but the hat/hair piece is great! I really hope it shows up at PAB online.

31 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

The new 2K Drive sets have a pirate monster truck with a new colour for the tricorn with hair (black and tan), and then a more modern pirate torso and some stickers. But the hat is interesting and again could be doubled up in the new set?

That has been known to happen... but it's hard to tell these days.  The LEGO Group excels at repurposing pirate-themed parts in pirate-themed sets that aren't classic-style.

So the tricon+hair piece could potentially be reused in a future set, but maybe not the type of set LEGO Pirate fans actually want.

image.png

6 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

Information leaked april 2? I am beginning to question : was this a 1day late april fools joke? I have absolutely no belief that this set is coming untill I see actually proof. Just to save me from dissapointment. 

Why would it be an April fools joke? This is just grasping at straws at his point. The lego starwars sets revealed by the source are happening. I am certain this is being released. So much doom and gloom lol.

5 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

That has been known to happen... but it's hard to tell these days.  The LEGO Group excels at repurposing pirate-themed parts in pirate-themed sets that aren't classic-style.

So the tricon+hair piece could potentially be reused in a future set, but maybe not the type of set LEGO Pirate fans actually want.

image.png 

Is anyone going to get that tricorn piece off of PAB online for their redcoats? Was interested in what others had to say.