Sign in to follow this  
Jeff of Clubs

[FB-OL] The King's Own Grapevine

Working closely with the army's pioneers and surveyors, members of 3.Division's signals staff have erected a series of semaphore telegraph stations along their route to Seawatch. Placed at regular intervals, the stations, such as this one on the promontory southwest of Seawatch, carry the will of Good King Phillip to all his servants in the Oleonda Division. Another was errected in the city itself by the liason party under Chef de Battalion Glenson. Using various cyphers developed by the Army Signal Corps and Royal Intelligence, coded messages are now reaching 3.div and the coalition in a matter of minutes.

Semaphore Telegraph

For security purposes, the decoding methods are only retained where necessary. With Glenson in Seawatch, with the signals 'trunk' station in Ft. Arltrees, and tightly guarded by marines and RI agents in the field, with the staff of General du Brigade Francois.

This is meant to add some redundancy to 3.Division's lines of communication and near real-time coordination options with the Coalition.

I don't know that this is big enough to really license but if anyone would like to build some of her sister stations, go nuts. I will probably try to build another base reflecting Seawatch and set it up again.

Apologies for the utilitarian nature of my photography. Plans are made.

Thanks! ♧

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

Since i learned that there were 2 Prussian optical telegraph station near where i live, i am a sucker for these kind of apparatus :pir_laugh2:

Your telegraph looks great and with that little hut, the ropes and support beams it looks very much like a ad hoc military semaphore telegraph :thumbup:

Beautiful semaphore! We've had a few in BoBS in the past and I always enjoy them. Your construction looks really nice, and it certainly qualifies for a small property.

Yeah that would definitely be a small... Education? maybe. 

Great build though, and exactly the sort of thing we need to expand the war effort.

Edited by Ross Fisher

Nice and well-built Optical telegraph! It can be seen that the 2 soldiers have just received a message. I like that it was built with supports and ropes and has a hut next to it.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:33 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Since i learned that there were 2 Prussian optical telegraph station near where i live, i am a sucker for these kind of apparatus :pir_laugh2:

I'm embarrassed to admit, I didn't know about these until Ross and Waagner brought them up. Now I can tell you it's set to 'O' for Oleon!

Thanks all! It was a fun little build.

@Captain Braunsfeld, with the faith of course. A moc is planned:pir-devil:

Edited by Jeff of Clubs