BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)

I guess we now know for which set the new door piece was developed. There are at least 5x I can see in the new DnD set in red. brown color.

Edited by R0Sch

Posted (edited)

I just built my MTS and I had missing pieces on page 147! Well the wrong pieces: instead of four of these 54200.jpg I had four of of these 35464.t1.png. Which is strange as the set inventory does not even contain any Slope 45 1 x 1 Double. I consider this a BONUS; as I have 10,000s of cheese, but only a couple dozen Slope 45 1 x 1 Double.

This is a great set, and a great build, but I did not get many MMV vibes as I built it. 

Edited by Follows Closely

I was not a big fan of the castle, so it's good that Lego put out this set to make the castle look good in comparison. :pir-grin:  It partially lacks detail, looks like it's aimed at a younger audience, has a bit of that Eldorado Fortress "I don't quite know what I'm doing" feel at places and is generally too big next to the castle. The plain "oops, I'm nearing the allowed brick count" roof is harshly contrasted against the new detailed roof introduced with the castle. There are nice parts too, though. It has some colors, for a change, and finally we have two sets that tie in together, even if it's in a clumsy way that seems like they were made by designers of different skill sets. The price seems better for what you get? I'll know more when I finish the build.

Hey, psst, wanna get rich? Make a youtube channel about improving Lego's priciest offerings. Just scour all the reviews and systematically address the criticism and improve the sets wherever possible without breaking the bank.

It is hard to take you serious, when you always complain about Sets that you think are awefull but you buy and build them anyways. Especially with the way you are wording those critics.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Merlo said:

Hey, psst, wanna get rich? Make a youtube channel about improving Lego's priciest offerings. Just scour all the reviews and systematically address the criticism and improve the sets wherever possible without breaking the bank.

I think designing your own sets and "winning" Bricklink Designer Program and get picked 2-3 times in a row, will get you to a millionaire faster.

Win-Win situation for those who are critical about other's designs.

Edited by TeriXeri

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

It is hard to take you serious, when you always complain about Sets that you think are awefull but you buy and build them anyways. Especially with the way you are wording those critics.

I want to support the line and see more of those kind of sets in the future. Also, I have disposable income. If it weren't the case, I definitely would not buy them.

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I think designing your own sets and "winning" Bricklink Designer Program and get picked 2-3 times in a row, will get you to a millionaire faster.

Win-Win situation for those who are critical about other's designs.

You're either not serious or you're missing the point. Designing your sets takes a lot of time and money and no one guarantees you would get picked. Besides, the themes dictate which sets get picked much more than the "quality" of the sets does.

On the other hand there are plenty of Lego sets and every time that I watch reviews of new sets there is a big overlap between what I thought initially and what the reviewers notice. This seems to indicate a lot of the stuff we're talking about is kinda obvious but slips by Lego as they might be churning out the sets too fast to have them perfected. This in turn eliminates all the guesswork and guarantees your effort would not be futile.

Edited by Merlo
removing space at the bottom

Anyone know if this set will be available to purchase from Target in the US? I'm not sure how to determine if it is exclusive to certain stores. Aware that it has already been released and available at LEGO. Thanks!

We usually only learn about that once if shows up at certain places. And if it is the case it will be exclusive to Lego for at least 3 months, so it will need some patience.

Sorry but does this set have stickers at all? I couldn’t remember if we talked about this before here after two weeks of vacation in Asia. 

44 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Sorry but does this set have stickers at all? I couldn’t remember if we talked about this before here after two weeks of vacation in Asia. 

I'm afraid it does.

4 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'm afraid it does.

Good because I’m saving my money.

The previous medieval market village had stickers too. It was still a great build. I remember at the time getting multiples because you could replace the blue and white bricks with another color via PAB to put some variety into your village. If this one ever goes on sale I would consider buying copies to modify.

That said this one feels pricey...the old set was 1/3 the price of the new one, even taking inflation into account it felt cheaper back then but just my 2 cents.

2 hours ago, kchan98 said:

The previous medieval market village had stickers too. It was still a great build. I remember at the time getting multiples because you could replace the blue and white bricks with another color via PAB to put some variety into your village. If this one ever goes on sale I would consider buying copies to modify.

That said this one feels pricey...the old set was 1/3 the price of the new one, even taking inflation into account it felt cheaper back then but just my 2 cents.

The MMV was $100 that is not 1/3 of $230.   That being said.  I think the Town Square looks great will be picking it up at some point but I think I'm buying the DnD set or Barad Dur first.  

I'm planning on buying at least one. The peasant with the cow from LKC will become the cheesemaker and the blacksmith will be the richest guy in town. I feel like the lack of cow is overblown. This set also helps to downplay the blacksmith size disparity, since I can just cast the blacksmith as an overly rich landlord who just smiths in his free time.

Posted (edited)

I might use the Medieval Blacksmith 21325 as the home for the wealthy Tax Collector. As a landlord, he leases the basement out to the blacksmith and his daughter to run their business. Then the forge heats the Tax Collector's house for free. The upstairs room in the Medieval Town Square 10332 can be a hideaway for the wolfpack while he's in town doing his nefarious business.

Edited by GreenhouseBricker

10 hours ago, Gkaiser100 said:

I'm planning on buying at least one. The peasant with the cow from LKC will become the cheesemaker and the blacksmith will be the richest guy in town. I feel like the lack of cow is overblown. This set also helps to downplay the blacksmith size disparity, since I can just cast the blacksmith as an overly rich landlord who just smiths in his free time.

The other way to think it as the owner of the Blacksmith got it for cheap because it needs repairs?  There's some missing roof tiles.  Maybe the tax collector repossessed it for back taxes and rents it out to the blacksmith who is slowly repairing it with the carpenter from MTS.  The real owner is in a debtors prison in the Creator Castle.  

11 hours ago, Mopasali said:

The other way to think it as the owner of the Blacksmith got it for cheap because it needs repairs?  There's some missing roof tiles.  Maybe the tax collector repossessed it for back taxes and rents it out to the blacksmith who is slowly repairing it with the carpenter from MTS.  The real owner is in a debtors prison in the Creator Castle.  

Which is funny because my skeletons form the most elite Black Falcon unit, though one deserted and joined Redbeard's crew.

Ytb video from Goldfyre showing improved roofs and inn recolour. The latter surprised me and I think it is indeed an improvement. For the roofs it was obvious given how poorly finished they are.

Funnily enough, in pics and videos I like the “cottage” side of the set the least… but seen in the bricks at the store it has in fact a nice presence/volume. The inn and castle part feels a bit too small and limited in depth in comparison.

Still, a set I will try to get when the time is right. Hope you enjoy your purchase for those of you who pulled the trigger already!

Hello all. I am a huge castle fan and i am still building this set. In my pov:

What i like:

- more realistic medieval than MMV. As colors and as buildings. Interior is pretty detailed and good in medieval style.

- minifigs are interesting and more are unique

- same scale as LKC

- perfect extension for LKC - not only scale but same style of tower

what I don’t like:

- stickers - really hate them

-  not enough minifigs

i personally don’t think lack of animals is big issue. Here is displayed more townish picture. It is not village or farm. I see space for one or two caws in cheese house. No one else could take care for animals.

my biggest issue with new medieval lego wave is the woman soldier figures. This is just stupid - there is no women knights. I needed to buy 2 sets of medieval castle to replace all women heads in LKC with men heads

1 hour ago, BERSERK said:

my biggest issue with new medieval lego wave is the woman soldier figures. This is just stupid - there is no women knights. I needed to buy 2 sets of medieval castle to replace all women heads in LKC with men heads

Even if that's a hill you want to die on - that's not something that happens with MTS. The Wolfpack Thief, Guardstower Guy, and Tax Collector - the three "soldiers" of the set - all have masculine heads, and that shouldn't be an issue. Looking at the rest of the set, having some women tradeswomen isn't completely unheard of - especially if all of the men are away fighting. 

Also, since you have a newer account - there's already been several discussions about the heads used for the Lion Knight's Castle (which is what you may be referring to) over in the thread about that set. If you really want to spend an extra $400 to purge yourself of less than a dozen heads (when you could just get a few extra from Bricklink, or even from Lego directly via Pick a Brick for a few dollars) - that's on you. Sorry if that was worded a little strongly, but I personally find it a little ridiculous when adults get upset over a could of heads in a premium set, when, if they have the money to get the set in the first place, also would have the money to get a few replacement heads, if it really bothers them that much - especially when the set is already clearly at least a little bit in the realm of fantasy, with a wizard and a family of thieves living in the castle undetected. 

Posted (edited)

Well i am not read another threats yet. In this set I like all minifigs. About LKC - it is perfect set for me. There is all you could wish - 2 fraction knights + wizard,  hideouts for forest peeps and several forest peeps… also interior is amazing. For me LKC is superior to all bricklinks models.

Regarding heads - yeah it was issue for me. I don’t want to sound like megablock but for me price doesn’t matter. I bought 10 sets of medieval castle, 5 sets of LKC and 3 sets MTS.

But i really don’t want to see compromise with the quality(like stickers and lack of figures). If lego create perfect castle i am gonna spend several thousand dollars on it without even think it. All i want is quality

Edited by BERSERK

3 hours ago, BERSERK said:

Hello all. I am a huge castle fan and i am still building this set. In my pov:

What i like:

- more realistic medieval than MMV. As colors and as buildings. Interior is pretty detailed and good in medieval style.

- minifigs are interesting and more are unique

- same scale as LKC

- perfect extension for LKC - not only scale but same style of tower

what I don’t like:

- stickers - really hate them

-  not enough minifigs

i personally don’t think lack of animals is big issue. Here is displayed more townish picture. It is not village or farm. I see space for one or two caws in cheese house. No one else could take care for animals.

Lego PAB and bricklink are easy ways to get different heads and minifigure parts.  Heads are pretty cheap you can get a nice selection of different faces and colors.  

Thanks for PAB hint. I am gonna use it to build army of more knights.

Very good for castle theme. Do you find similarities with MTS and LKC?

IMG_4965.jpeg

21 hours ago, BERSERK said:

Very good for castle theme. Do you find similarities with MTS and LKC?

IMG_4965.jpeg

I don't have the MTS set yet.  The LKC is great and the 3in1 castle does look good.  I have the Viking village but it's not built yet.  I'm planning on getting the DnD set tomorrow.  I am waiting to get the MTS and excited to see what Barad Dur looks like.  I also have the blacksmith that looks nice with all the other castle sets.  I'm interested in seeing how the Viking Village and the MTS sets look together.