BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

3304 pieces, $230, launches March 3rd. Via Brick clicker on IG. 

We will likely see official pictures in February then?

41 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

We will likely see official pictures in February then?

That's what Brickclicker said in his video! 

7 hours ago, Westbrick said:

Lego just posted a video on Instagram (and presumably other platforms) of a medieval scene featuring the castle and blacksmiths shop that ends in a close up of the old dragon. Would be nice if that was a teaser.

Since they featured a black dragon prominently and made a comment about it maybe it’s a hint that they are doing something for the black knights who had a dragon as their logo.  About 90 percent of my analysis is based on wishful thinking though.

Well the only really new information we got there is the release date. So finally that one is confirmed. Then I guess it won´t be long till more information will show up, aswell as a reveal in less than two months.

very excited about this. Also makes me wonder when the Dungeons and Dragons set will release. Was really hoping to get the bricklink falcon castle but with this set, baradur, and the dungeons and dragons set this might be quite the expensive year....thats not accounting for college tuition lol

Excellent x-mas gift to get the release date:pir-santa:
It's a D2C so not necessarily we get much news now before it is revealed:shrug_oh_well:

I worry a little bit about the price, on one side it is great that it's a good value as long as they have not saved money on the budget when it comes to animals and minifigs*huh*

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I worry a little bit about the price, on one side it is great that it's a good value as long as they have not saved money on the budget when it comes to animals and minifigs*huh*

It is the same price we had more than two months ago - the only one ever stating it would be 215 and not 230 like the other sources mentioned was brickclicker. And back then it already seemed unlikely low - I mean as it is now we are speaking about 7ct per piece - and while there surely also are a lot little pieces, for the amount of animals we are expecting, together with hopefully many new villager prints and other printed pieces, that is still a quite good price. 

I finally found the picture everyone has been talking about all year... probably not my thing, I passed on the previous version (very expensive set for the time, and only had 2 knights). I don't really care about the civilian angle of this theme. Might just hunt down some minifigs and save some money for the other sets mentioned just above

34 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

I finally found the picture everyone has been talking about all year... probably not my thing, I passed on the previous version (very expensive set for the time, and only had 2 knights). I don't really care about the civilian angle of this theme. Might just hunt down some minifigs and save some money for the other sets mentioned just above

I love the civilian angle actually and honestly, I wouldn´t need any knight at all in this set, which just cut a place for one more villager in the end - though, of course they are much cheaper to do since, they just can all look alike, while villagers would wear different clothing etc. Sadly the original village, same as the Mill Village Raid were released in my dark ages, else I would have bought them for sure - nowadays the prices are insane, so I don´t even think about it lol. Anyways, I kinda understand the prices for the minifigs and anymals. but I see sets without both offered for insane prices still - I sometimes wonder who buy that...

However, the set will cost $229.99 and include a total of 3304 pieces. The medieval town will consist of an old farmhouse, a shieldsmith's workshop, an inn, a cheese factory as well as a watchtower. Various Minfigures will also be included.

I hope the leak price turns out to be accurate.

22 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

I hope the leak price turns out to be accurate.

I don´t see why it shouldn´t. We already got information about that price earlier on from different sources, the only one stating it would be 215 was brickclicker, which would lead to the guess that that might have been the price they were aiming for at the beginning and which already was outdated info back then. 

On 12/22/2023 at 1:40 PM, Westbrick said:

I’m not thinking that there’d be an actual dragon in the set - more if it were a hint about the faction that could appear. The one (shield less) knight in the majisto set needs company!

I still think that if we were getting the Dragon Masters shield in the MTS, it would have appeared in the GWP (see CMF goat). 🫤

22 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

3304 pieces, $230, launches March 3rd. Via Brick clicker on IG. 

Good PPP! The question now is how many animals and Minifigs we get. 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I still think that if we were getting the Dragon Masters shield in the MTS, it would have appeared in the GWP (see CMF goat). 🫤

I wouldn’t be surprised either way at this point. You could well be right, but I really hope not!!

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yes!! We have gotten 2 sets like this before, the last one was 12 years ago. I hope there is not 12 years until next, but they should really make the most of it and for once a good PPP is not so high on my priorities as it usually is.. If we get generous amounts of animals and minifigs then a good PPP is a nice bonus, however if we get a bare minimum of animals and minifigs to give us a nice PPP they have failed..

I do not think they will do it, but it would be fantastic if they included instructions for a second set of buildings so we can buy 2 sets and double the size of the village similar to B-bay:sweet:

Merry Christmas to all Castle village fans :pir-santa:

14 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I would guess for 10-12 Minifigs, with anything below that beeing a huge disappointement and everything above is very much welcome ;). As for the animals, I would guess it will be close to the prelim.

In that we had a cow with calf, two sheep, one horse, 3 owls, two squirels, a cat and the goat. Same goes here as for the minifigs, more is always welcome but less would be disappointing. Maybe they could cut one of the owls and add a chicken instead.

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I do not think they will do it, but it would be fantastic if they included instructions for a second set of buildings so we can buy 2 sets and double the size of the village similar to B-bay:sweet:

Merry Christmas to all Castle village fans :pir-santa:

This would be great, although if they don't do it, at least the talented folks who can do it will put some on Rebrickable.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes!! We have gotten 2 sets like this before, the last one was 12 years ago. I hope there is not 12 years until next

IMO, we got a set like this already in 2023 with the Viking Village; while the Minifigs had armour and weapons, the focus of the set was on day-to-day life rather than raids or battling mythical creatures.
I suspect that we will see more sets like this in the near future - Maybe an Imperial Trading Post remake/reimagining with more focus on civilian port life? 

11 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I would guess for 10-12 Minifigs, with anything below that beeing a huge disappointement and everything above is very much welcome ;). 

The prelim had 12 Minifigs, so 10-12 seems to be a reasonable estimate. 

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

i do not think they will do it, but it would be fantastic if they included instructions for a second set of buildings so we can buy 2 sets and double the size of the village similar to B-bay:sweet:

The Galaxy Explorer had two alternate models, and Eldorado Fortress is modular, so I can see this happening. 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The prelim had 12 Minifigs, so 10-12 seems to be a reasonable estimate. 

The quality of that was so bad, I couldn´t find ten there. 

3 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

The quality of that was so bad, I couldn´t find ten there. 

One is in front of the tree on the left side, one is behind the tree at the farthest corner of the white/brown building on the left, one is by the woodpile (animals to the right, tree to the left, white/brown building directly behind), one is between the grey/red and sand green/dark tan buildings, three are clustered together near the animals (knight behind the cow, a child back and to the left of the goat, and another standing behind them and in front of the cart), one is behind and above the red-and-yellow stall, one is in front of the stall (jester), one is on the tower, one is on the horse, and one is under the tree by the olive green building on the right (this one is difficult to make out). 

I see what you mean, but really with some of them I am just not sure if it is a minifigure or just something else lol. However, I´ll blame you if I am disappointed when we get less than twelve now ;).

I wonder which Lego castle/ medieval faction will be featured in the minifig lineup for the village.