BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

I do hope there is a new castle inspired GWP - like another remake of a classic set. There was a rumoured list of the GWPs for the first few months of next year released a while back and I don’t think any of them were castle themed. If this set is coming earlyish next year I think we would have some kind of rumour on what we could get by now.

when do you think we would like to hear any more news/ maybe get some images for this? 

34 minutes ago, Llewop said:

when do you think we would like to hear any more news/ maybe get some images for this? 

I guess that depends when it is released, it seems it can be anytime during the first 4 months of the year :shrug_oh_well:
It also depends if it is a D2C that Lego themself will sell exclusively for a long time or other stores get it and we can get some leaks from them:wink:

7 hours ago, Mopasali said:

I think with green legs/dress slope it could work.  Then the torso looks less like a vest and more kirtle

I see where you're coming from - you're right it could probably be made to work - but for me the buttons and the shape of the green fabric make it very vest-like. (I don't think there's any issue with it being a sleeveless kirtle, though - they might have had sleeves as standard, but the Wikipedia illustration for kirtles is a 1600s painting of a woman wearing a sleeveless kirtle, so they aren't without attestation)

Eh, I think I'll pass on wanting any more castle GWPs if they're gonna be as insulting as Majisto's Workshop was.

4 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

Eh, I think I'll pass on wanting any more castle GWPs if they're gonna be as insulting as Majisto's Workshop was.

Agreed. I would rather not have them at all if they're not going to put any effort or budget into it. We need more sets like 10305, but at a better price point.

5 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

But what if they do one with a couple more goats? :P

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I guess that depends when it is released, it seems it can be anytime during the first 4 months of the year :shrug_oh_well:
It also depends if it is a D2C that Lego themself will sell exclusively for a long time or other stores get it and we can get some leaks from them:wink:

I would guess it will be exclusive like the castle, but will at least be exclusive to Lego Partners like the Galaxy Explorer was.

20 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

I just really hope they don't use the green female torso introduced in Barracuda Bay, that doesn't fit a medieval setting at all imo

I like that torso, but I do hope that it does not appear in the MTS, as I have quite a few of it! 

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

But what if they do one with a couple more goats? :P

To borrow some American sports nomenclature:

Such a GWP would be the GOAT GWP. :laugh: 

(Sidenote: how come there's no emoticon with sunglasses?)

How many minifigs will we get in the set and what would they likely be if we take the prelim and leaked info into account? From what I can see/guess:

1. knight with axes (in the tower)
  2. knight with axes/city guard (above the cow)
  3. forestman (on the horse)
  4. jester (in front of the cheese-stand)
  5. tax collector (next to the guard)
  6. shieldsmith (to the left of the first building?)
  7. carpenter (?)
  8. crook (could be the forestman?)
  9. male farmer (in front of the left tree, could be the carpenter maybe)
  10. young girl (feeding the cow)
  11. female? (behind the cheep)

If so it is a great line up, but should be someone running the inn, making/selling the cheese at least and maybe herding the animals. Could be 10/11 I guess but hope for a couple of more civilian females in the mix :wink:

46 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

How many minifigs will we get in the set and what would they likely be if we take the prelim and leaked info into account? From what I can see/guess:

1. knight with axes (in the tower)
  2. knight with axes/city guard (above the cow)
  3. forestman (on the horse)
  4. jester (in front of the cheese-stand)
  5. tax collector (next to the guard)
  6. shieldsmith (to the left of the first building?)
  7. carpenter (?)
  8. crook (could be the forestman?)
  9. male farmer (in front of the left tree, could be the carpenter maybe)
  10. young girl (feeding the cow)
  11. female? (behind the cheep)

If so it is a great line up, but should be someone running the inn, making/selling the cheese at least and maybe herding the animals. Could be 10/11 I guess but hope for a couple of more civilian females in the mix :wink:

Honestly unless everyone has a higher source they're looking at that I don't know about, it's hard to tell. I can't even make out half the figures you've listed while looking specifically at where you're saying to look.

If there is an inn then presumably there's an innkeeper, and hopefully a barmaid - a medieval barmaid is something I don't believe we've ever had in Lego form. I wouldn't presume the leak is necessarily accurate though, I think it's a prelim so the figures we can see in it may well not be the figures we actually get.

35 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Anything under ten would be a huge disappointment for me. A market lives from the people and the more the better - and I just want to get a lot different minifigs, especially new prints of peasants. Actually the thing I am most looking forward is to see the minifigures, not the market. And that is not only because we already seem to know how it is going to look. 

43 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Anything under ten would be a huge disappointment for me. 

Eldorado Fortress had nine at $215, so with the market being $230 (IIRC) and more expansive when displayed, I suspect that we will get at least ten Minifigs. 

I'd be pretty happy with 10 or 11 mini-figures, provided the quality is good (e.g. on par with the Viking Village).

The Lion Knights Castle included 21 minifigs (excluding skeleton) but only 5 of these had new/unique torso or leg printing. Given the civilian focus of the upcoming set, I'm hoping it will include a higher proportion of unique minifigures (with hopefully) minimal re-use of existing designs (e.g. the CMF Troubadour torso or the Medieval Blacksmith apron torso/legs).

5 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Honestly unless everyone has a higher source they're looking at that I don't know about, it's hard to tell. I can't even make out half the figures you've listed while looking specifically at where you're saying to look.

Clearly all other fans have better vision than us!  But I think the list of Minifigures isn't from the survey leak, but another source that also provided a price and set number, both of which haven't changed in any other rumors:

I'm very impressed anyone can identify a tax collector in the 10 pixels from the leak.  

5 hours ago, Mopasali said:

Clearly all other fans have better vision than us

Or maybe just better imagination, I just zoomed in on the picture yesterday and there the tax collector was in all its glory. I had a second look now and the white parts on him that stood out was a printed letter on top of the picture (still do think it is him, but not so sure anymore):blush: Maybe i should book a appointment with the eye-doctor (time will show) :tongue:

The tapestry weaver I forgot since the page I looked at did not mention hen, could be the 11. female?. And there is some logs in the left of the picture with maybe a minifig chopping a axe or similar, if so it could be the carpenter:shrug_oh_well:

Surely someone here has an ‘image cleaner’ like in the movies where a grey and pixelated image is transformed into a stunningly clear 4K picture?

if not, why not?!

14 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

If there is an inn then presumably there's an innkeeper, and hopefully a barmaid - a medieval barmaid is something I don't believe we've ever had in Lego form. 

Would a medieval barmaid look any different to one of these ...

cas404.jpgcas412.jpg?3cas490.png

1 minute ago, MAB said:

Would a medieval barmaid look any different to one of these ...

cas404.jpgcas412.jpg?3cas490.png

I honestly don't even recognise the first two, didn't know they existed. The first one is perfect, though the second imo doesn't quite fit (it feels more Piratey, I guess it could work but it's not what I envisaged)

The third fig is one I desperately want but it feels more generic peasant/farmer's wife to me.

(Now to look up the price of the first one and regret everything :pir-wench:)

8 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I honestly don't even recognise the first two, didn't know they existed. The first one is perfect, though the second imo doesn't quite fit (it feels more Piratey, I guess it could work but it's not what I envisaged)

The third fig is one I desperately want but it feels more generic peasant/farmer's wife to me.

(Now to look up the price of the first one and regret everything :pir-wench:)

They are all Castle figures of the past. I've used all three in taverns before.

3 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I dearly wish I'd been able to afford that set at the time, but alas! I guess I've not really looked closely at the figures lately.

Hopefully we will get similar peasant parts again, both male and female. These torsos and skirts were all available on the replacement parts service for about 50p each for a couple of years. That's how I boosted my village at the time. Nearly all sold now though, when the prices went crazy.

48 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I dearly wish I'd been able to afford that set at the time, but alas! I guess I've not really looked closely at the figures lately.

Yeah, well, the set was available in retail before I came out of my Dark Ages so to speak. I payed about double the retail price when I finally bit the bullet and bought it.

8 hours ago, Rjbricks said:

Surely someone here has an ‘image cleaner’ like in the movies where a grey and pixelated image is transformed into a stunningly clear 4K picture?

You just need to shout “Enhance!” at the screen, and the image clears up.