Bricksbypidy

[COR - FB - GOC - ROYAL] Sugar Cane Plantation, Queenston

At the opening party of the Primary School in Queenston, Peter Nash (architect) met a wealthy man. Among the locals he was known as 'Padre Azúcar'. This wealthy farmer owned several estates in the Queenston area. He wanted to expand his sugar cane plantation on a vacant lot. A beautiful hacienda had to be realized here. And so it happened...

BoBS - Hacienda with Sugar Cane PlantationBoBS - Hacienda with Sugar Cane Plantation

BoBS - Hacienda with Sugar Cane Plantation

The hacienda consisted of two building parts, interconnected with a covered outdoor area with lovely yellow inner walls. From the gallery, all around, there was a beautiful view of the sunlit courtyard with the most exotic flowers. In the middle, on the Mediterranean tiled floor, was the center piece of the hacienda, the fountain (based on a design by @evancelt).

Various arched passageways provided access to this Royal hacienda. The entrances were secured by Royal Guards (that belongs to royal builds... :pir-huzzah1:)

There were as many as 1,000 sugar cane plants outside the hacienda (displayed on this build). Although it was not easy to see due to the high crops, several workers were at work. Although... all of them... there was also one sleeping under the palm trees. 

Various carts drove back and forth with sugar cane. A flourishing trade in Queenston was a fact!

---

Will be licensed by @Ayrlego to the Crown, after a 'financial contribution' for @Bricksbypidy.
@Ayrlego, you take care of the paperwork?

Completing GoC task 14.2 Bastion of the East with this build. 

Property type: Royal Plantation
Dimensions: 130 x 186 studs
Total parts: ~36,000

Credits:
- Fountain: @evancelt
- Hand cart: @ Barthezz Brick (Instagram)
- Cart with cow: @ Peter.g.Keith (Instagram)

---

I had some issues with rendering the macaroni tiles...

Edited by Bricksbypidy

I've been waiting to see this build drop and it doesn't disappoint! That is one amazing looking hacienda. The way you have done the roof tiles is especially interesting - I don't think I've seen that technique applied to this style before and now I need to start to work out if it is possible to replicate (on a smaller scale) in real bricks!!!! It's always interesting to see a new sugar cane technique and I like the addition of the bamboo leaves to your design, although I admit to not being entirely sold on the thickness of the canes.  Excellent work all up.

Yeah! Another awesome build. Are you mainly planning on going for a realistic style, or would you be willing try and make more fantastical builds look realistic?

That tiled courtyard is magnificent!  I really love the scale and breadth of vegetation here as well, gives the whole build a great lush feel.  Really nice roof technique as well, great use of new parts to advantage! 

Fantastic moc! I love the angled placement of the Hacienda, it's not much but it ads a ton to the overall scenery. I loved how you built the roofs, and the long pathways covered with archs reminds me a lot of Ac4 black flag.

Well done!

This is a very beautiful hacienda. I especially like the fountain and the floor slabs in the inner courtyard. I like the guy taking his well-deserved break under the palm trees in the sugar cane field.

On 1/24/2023 at 8:41 PM, Ayrlego said:

I need to start to work out if it is possible to replicate (on a smaller scale) in real bricks!!!!

Apart from the part-color combination it is certainly possible! It's a simple technique! You may need 1 extra plate for the (diagonal) corners of the roof.

On 1/24/2023 at 10:58 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Are you mainly planning on going for a realistic style, or would you be willing try and make more fantastical builds look realistic?

I'm more into realistic.

Thanks for all the other positive feedback!