Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

55 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to cmf6169, the two June sets are indeed the Snow White Cottage and the Maleficent Dragon :thumbup: I hope that‘s true!

I was wondering which of the survey sets we'd see first ( other then Rivendell as it wasn't from the survey but we still got a look at it at the same time), I'm still hoping Zelda comes out this year near the game launch.

16 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I was wondering which of the survey sets we'd see first ( other then Rivendell as it wasn't from the survey but we still got a look at it at the same time), I'm still hoping Zelda comes out this year near the game launch.

It would make sense. Picture looked like it quited finished.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to cmf6169, the two June sets are indeed the Snow White Cottage and the Maleficent Dragon :thumbup: I hope that‘s true!

That would be great news if so!

Sorry, I’ve forgotten: did we have any indication for the price or amount of pieces these sets will have? 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

@BrickBob Studpants oooooh really ? Niiice 😁👍🏼

@Darth Shadowthrone I don’t think we’ve had either for the Snow White Cottage or Dragon Transformation yet. Hopefully some more picture may leak soon. Interested in seeing which way they go with the Dwarfs, I’m hoping they don’t do moulded heads .. I’d prefer minifigure head versions .. only as long as Dopey has his ears 😁

Edited by Jarreth2

Those sets won't release this year.

The Snow White Cottage has 2500 pieces which is a lot because most of the upcoming disney sets are in the 1500 piece mark.

The Dragon might happen but it will have like 200 plus pieces for something.

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

The game comes out in May, so if the set were to come alongside it we would already know

9 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

The game comes out in May, so if the set were to come alongside it we would already know

Maybe, maybe not, we've been surprised before. 

2 hours ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

Those sets won't release this year.

The Snow White Cottage has 2500 pieces which is a lot because most of the upcoming disney sets are in the 1500 piece mark.

The Dragon might happen but it will have like 200 plus pieces for something

Might? Then why say won't?

Edited by Agent Kallus

The Snow White Cottage and Maleficent Dragon sound GREAT to me!. I wonder if the dragon set would include Prince Philips and Maleficent minifigures.

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

The Snow White Cottage and Maleficent Dragon sound GREAT to me!. I wonder if the dragon set would include Prince Philips and Maleficent minifigures.

In the survey leak, those two were the exact minifigs that were included :sweet:

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

In the survey leak, those two were the exact minifigs that were included :sweet:

That would be amazing! :)

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Maybe, maybe not, we've been surprised before. 

Got me there

Might? Then why say won't?

My takeaway from what they said was that none of them are happening at all, Snow White just doesnt fit on the scheduled sets and Maleficient would need to be significantly reduced to fit in any of the upcoming sets.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before, but in the leaked image of the Maleficent Dragon Transformation I just realised what the quote plaque on the side says “I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream” - Aurora ( and then I think it says ) Sleeping Beauty 

Seems strange that it isn’t a quote from Maleficent herself ? 

5 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

Seems strange that it isn’t a quote from Maleficent herself ? 

Not only is there a much more iconic line in that movie, it‘s also from that very scene! But something tells me they‘re not gonna release a printed piece with HELL written on it :laugh_hard:

23 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Got me there

My takeaway from what they said was that none of them are happening at all, Snow White just doesnt fit on the scheduled sets and Maleficient would need to be significantly reduced to fit in any of the upcoming sets.

I think that Snow White cottage will happen when the movie releases, or at least close to when it does.

If that Maleficent dragon diorama does not happen this year, what might be the reason to release it next year and not this year? Perhaps as a complement to a Sleeping Beauty castle set? Really rooting for that castle!

8 minutes ago, hikouki said:

If that Maleficent dragon diorama does not happen this year, what might be the reason to release it next year and not this year?

I think someone already pointed this out, but I don't think Disney will celebrate their 100 anniversary exclusively on 2023. I can definetly see them doing a few more waves next year, maybe even the following one if they do really well.

9 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Perhaps as a complement to a Sleeping Beauty castle set? Really rooting for that castle!

There's a nonzero chance of it happening!

There’s a great review on YouTube of the Up set by @just2good 

Some lovely details in this set .. some improvements Lego could have made, but overall not too bad 😁

3 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

There’s a great review on YouTube of the Up set by @just2good 

Thanks for the kind words!

Disney needs to make a live action version of 'Up'. I think that would be an amazing movie to remake.

I figured this be the best spot for to ask. I just built 76830, the 4+ yellow mech Buzz Lightyear set. The legs do not hold up the mech, they are so lose that they just flop around. Am I the only one with this issue because I've watched a few Youtube videos and they are posing the mech.

4 hours ago, Maple said:

Disney needs to make a live action version of 'Up'. I think that would be an amazing movie to remake.

No, it's a great movie why tarnish it. Animation isn't just some subpar equivalent that needs updating. Disney wastes enough money on god awful remakes.

12 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

No, it's a great movie why tarnish it. Animation isn't just some subpar equivalent that needs updating. Disney wastes enough money on god awful remakes.

Exactly, I can make an exception for really old movies like Dumbo and Peter Pan that are rather tarnished by period typical racism - if Disney wants to show they’ve moved past that then fine. But adapting anything from the renaissance onward is just gratuitous money grabbing - often for a movie that isn’t a patch on the original. It’s just plain logic – two animated characters are always going to be able to interact better than a human actor and cgi character, and fight scenes will always be smoother when they’re animated all the way through instead of having to choreograph between actors, stuntmen, and full cgi (just look at Into the Spiderverse, The Owl House, and even as far back as ATLA compared to comparable fantasy battles in live action). 

Haven't been too impressed with any of the live action remakes or even most sequels.  I did enjoy the original live action remake of 101 Dalmations starring Glenn Close but most of the few I've seen have been in my opinion an insult to the originals of the animated classics.  I'm dreading the Lilo & Stitch remake because I'm a huge fan of the original and I doubt live action will do the story justice.  Plus Walt didn't believe in sequels so I doubt he would ever have allowed these live action remakes.

6 hours ago, Maple said:

Personally, I think this movie would only work in animation.

The whole premise of the house flying by balloons relies on cartoon logic. Not that this is bad, it's just a produc of it's medium. Adapting it to live action would made it lose its charm.

This, so much. It hurts my heart that the mainstream seems to view live-action cinema as the only truly valid storytelling medium, inherently superior to books or theatre or video games or especially animated cinema.

Snow White celebrates 85 years since original public release this year. I wonder if the cottage set might tie in with both the 100th year Disney celebration AND its own 85th year celebration too.

7 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

Snow White celebrates 85 years since original public release this year. I wonder if the cottage set might tie in with both the 100th year Disney celebration AND its own 85th year celebration too.

Agree that Disney ought to release it this year. But perhaps they want to release it closer to the release of the movie.

I do think that the Snow White story is significant enough as its own fairy tale, and in its role in Disney that it will sell on its own independent of the movie. Movies these days easily become controversial, and Disney should not let the release of the set get ruined by these controversies.