Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Great, detailed set. The Bambi figure is lovely, it only makes me want a Bambi set even more though! I wonder if we’ll ever get a bambi, lion king or jungle book minifigure scale set in the future.

On 7/8/2023 at 3:15 PM, DragonElves said:

Great, detailed set. The Bambi figure is lovely, it only makes me want a Bambi set even more though! I wonder if we’ll ever get a bambi, lion king or jungle book minifigure scale set in the future.

Can’t wait for this set! The Bambi figure is very well done and truly captures the look perfectly. I feel like Lion King is the one set I’d be confident getting some type of set for. Pride rock or the famous hakuna matata log scene are iconic enough to warrant a set

Nice to see that there are no stickers in that set! It's not a set I can see buying personally, but I highly respect it and think it looks good. Hopefully the aftermarket for those minifigs (and maybe the film strip) will be reasonable...

I do wonder if the strip might be teases for future minifigs/minifigure designs.  For example, Cinderella has the "wide" skirt piece instead of the smaller one she has in the castle. Simba looks to be in the exact same pose as the standard "big cat" mold, including the stud on his back. And several of the minifigs (including Wart, Mowgli, and Mirabel) don't have their hair go below their torso - that extra level of detail makes it feel like someone thought about how those characters would actually translate in to real figures, as opposed to simply being a lego-ized drawing.

Finally managed to snag a Stitch from Joanns of all places after severs weeks of searching fruitlessly.

And I was even more delighted when I realized the extra green spell pieces I got with the Battle of Hogwarts set last month are completely compatible with his plasma blaster accessories. Now my Experiment 626 is not only armed, but can also shoot people to his hearts content. 

The bambi set from the Lego ideas challenge isn't shown anymore as a candidate and there are only 4 entries to vote now. I don't know if it's a technical issue or the entry has been cancelled.

3 minutes ago, Aramar said:

The bambi set from the Lego ideas challenge isn't shown anymore as a candidate and there are only 4 entries to vote now. I don't know if it's a technical issue or the entry has been cancelled.

The entry has been cancelled, because the entry is also an active lego ideas project, which is against the rules.

59 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

The entry has been cancelled, because the entry is also an active lego ideas project, which is against the rules.

And they only just realised that. :head_back:

Was a staff pick too. Odd it got past vetting, then again there were over 300 submissions so I can't fault them too much.

Looks like one of the Lion King submissions is up as an Ideas set now that it wasn't picked and I wonder how long until we see other submissions pop up.

46 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

And they only just realised that. :head_back:

I think only after it was reported to them by multiple ideas-users. 

I only just watched Zootopia a few days ago, and even though the characters themselves don’t seem very desirable to get in minifigure form, I loved the movie so much I actually want Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde figs!

I also really wish we could get Hiro from big hero 6 someday, along with another variant of Baymax in his red armor with more accurate body parts.

26 minutes ago, Brickity said:

I also really wish we could get Hiro from big hero 6 someday, along with another variant of Baymax in his red armor with more accurate body parts.

Agreed on baymax’s accurate Boyd parts. I think bigfig will do beter. 

On 7/8/2023 at 8:12 PM, Accio Lego said:

Finally managed to snag a Stitch from Joanns of all places after severs weeks of searching fruitlessly.

And I was even more delighted when I realized the extra green spell pieces I got with the Battle of Hogwarts set last month are completely compatible with his plasma blaster accessories. Now my Experiment 626 is not only armed, but can also shoot people to his hearts content. 

I like that idea. Thanks for sharing it with us!

On 7/8/2023 at 8:12 PM, Accio Lego said:

I went to a Walmart last night and managed to get a chunk of very good clearance stuff, that was excellent. But the highlight was finding a single Disney CMF polybag that had fallen to the back of the shelf and it was Stitch. The only one I was missing. Very pleased!

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I went to a Walmart last night and managed to get a chunk of very good clearance stuff, that was excellent. But the highlight was finding a single Disney CMF polybag that had fallen to the back of the shelf and it was Stitch. The only one I was missing. Very pleased!

Ah what luck! No one get's left behind or forgotten. :sweet:

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

I think bigfig will do beter. 

Ehhh, I don't think current big fig would do the trick. If anything, it would need a totally new mold.

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Ehhh, I don't think current big fig would do the trick. If anything, it would need a totally new mold.

Imean Lego just introduces us Bambi and Dumbo molds… I guess big fig is too soon for Disney license but nohting is impossible. 

On 7/8/2023 at 4:56 PM, roselemontea said:

Anyone know why the film reel is only coloured in red and yellow? 

I'm guessing they're only using colors that were present in classic Mickey Mouse (red shorts, yellow shoes, black and white body). 

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

IMO a special non-minifig head and a belly piece you can put on top of the torso that adds more height (his shoulders hang low anyway) would suffice. 

I did a quick rough sketch to exemplify:

3C81E288-C027-4CDC-AB93-441CF5B244D0 2.jpg

Edited by Brickity

5 hours ago, Brickity said:

IMO a special non-minifig head and a belly piece you can put on top of the torso that adds more height (his shoulders hang low anyway) would suffice. 

Omg I love this

What is anyone's thoughts on our chances of receiving a blue dressed Aurora? Although the pink dress has become more iconic over the years, I've always had a stronger preference towards the blue dress given it's stronger association to her in the animated film.

I feel very unsure about this, as part of me feels that it would be an unnecessary redesign granted that she is more so presented with a pink dress nowadays; on the other hand, it wouldn't be much of a task to do so apart from recolouring the printing for the pink dress, and you could easily reuse the same head and hair. After all, they used Tiana in the CMF series and used her in a set - Lego could do the same with Aurora but in blue.

There's the big question too as to how to make her blue variant worthy or at least able to be incorperated into a set. All I can think of is the Maleficient dragon display set. While technically it is rumoured that Prince Philip will feature along Maleficient, I don't know how reasonable it would be to consider the chances of Aurora appearing in the set; after all, the battle takes place just outside of Aurora's castle and she is seen in the movie asleep in her blue dress. We have seen in the Peter Pan display set the use of a 3D backdrop - could they sneak a blue Aurora in the background in some open-window tower? I'm also curious about the specific use of only three characters in the Peter Pan set - just Tink, Peter, and Wendy, but none of Wendy's brothers. For these sized sets would it be fair to think Lego will aim for a maximum of three minifgures, which would leave room for the inclusion of Aurora alongside Philip and Maleficient?

I'm aware I'm purely speculating, first time ever really getting so involved in exploring potential set ideas, but it really makes me wonder.

I'm also still puzzled by the strong error made regarding the minfigure inclusion for Cinderella's castle. We were told mistakenly in the Cinderella castle rumour that Philip and Aurora would appear as a couple, and she'd appear in her blue dress; while we now know it's not true, could it be possible that there was some misinterpretation and that the rumour developed from the fact that the two will appear with a castle backdrop in the Maleficient dragon display set?

I'd love to know what anyone thinks of this, even just for some casual intrigue.

EDIT:

I'm hoping to better articulate what I meant by the potential misinterpretation that led to the confusion regarding a blue Aurora and Philip appearing in Cinderella's castle, and better describe the scene I'm envisioning for the Maleficient dragon display.

I've attached a photo of one of the Disney moments featured in the reel of film from the Disney camera set; Maleficient is displayed leering over Stefan's castle, not along a cliff edge towards the end of the battle scene.

I wonder if this means there will be a focus towards Maleficient's transformation rather than battle, as I have also attached a photo from the animated film where Maleficient has just changed forms. It's identical to what is shown on the Lego film strip.

Additionally, prior to Maleficient's transformation, we get a glimpse of the entrance of Stefan's castle - which I have included a photo of from the film. It has a very similar design to the Lego Cinderella's castle; an arched gateway with two towers either side, and a bridge. Could the development of the Maleficent display set I'm describing been misinterpreted as early develop of Cinderella's castle, hence why a blue Aurora and Prince Philip were rumoured?

Would it make sense for an Aurora minifigure to be positioned sleeping in one of the side towers? It would be a small inaccuracy as Aurora is sleeping in an isolated tower, but a tower nonetheless.

Screenshot_20230714_235402_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230714_235326_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230714_235428_YouTube.jpg

Edited by TheFriedChimken

22 hours ago, Brickity said:

That would work!

The internet has recently been abuzz with photos of the seven 'people' accompanying Snow White in the live action movie. @JeanGreyForever might only be slightly relieved that they won't indeed be talking animals or walking vegetables, but actual people. :)) Anyway, I bring this up because this may be how that Cottage slated for next year might be populated with minifigs. Remember, Disney decided to make the Little Mermaid set after the live-action instead of the classic.

It's been awfully quiet...no news yet for the last three remaining 100 sets, as well as Agrahbah.

38 minutes ago, hikouki said:

The internet has recently been abuzz with photos of the seven 'people' accompanying Snow White in the live action movie. @JeanGreyForever might only be slightly relieved that they won't indeed be talking animals or walking vegetables, but actual people. :)) Anyway, I bring this up because this may be how that Cottage slated for next year might be populated with minifigs. Remember, Disney decided to make the Little Mermaid set after the live-action instead of the classic.

It's been awfully quiet...no news yet for the last three remaining 100 sets, as well as Agrahbah.

I've been thinking the exact same thing in the last few days. The only thing I can think to counter that argument is that Lego gave us the Evil Queen in both her forms this year in designs that are straight out of the animations. Now you could say they are to go with Snow and Charming from the castle, but at the same time their inclusion in the castle helps to have at least Snow made for them if they stick to the animated version and they can then use the budget for all the Dwarves. Aurora also not getting her prince would also fit with the potential for the Maleficent dragon diorama becoming real. Either way, there's no telling really, but I think the cottage build is wanted way more than the Royal Clamshell and it being based on the new movie would really harm the set.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I've been thinking the exact same thing in the last few days. The only thing I can think to counter that argument is that Lego gave us the Evil Queen in both her forms this year in designs that are straight out of the animations. Now you could say they are to go with Snow and Charming from the castle, but at the same time their inclusion in the castle helps to have at least Snow made for them if they stick to the animated version and they can then use the budget for all the Dwarves. Aurora also not getting her prince would also fit with the potential for the Maleficent dragon diorama becoming real. Either way, there's no telling really, but I think the cottage build is wanted way more than the Royal Clamshell and it being based on the new movie would really harm the set.

I think if Lego made two or several small sets for the Little Mermaid with at least one of them being based on the classic, and the others based on the live-action remake, it would have worked great! I think now, the fans of the original just felt shut out of this wave of Lego mini fig-based Disney sets.

I completely agree with you - there is no telling which way Lego would go. I hope Disney itself does not re-work that cottage in the upcoming movie. Lego has rejected the Ideas set. I almost feel now that the cottage will be the only remnant of the original tale. Now I wonder if the reason really is on technical build quality or because it would 'clash' with what is to come. LOL

Edited by hikouki