Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

I can’t believe I haven’t heard about. Ashnflash said something about knowing in the coming weeks so I think one of his entries got chosen and it’s the beauty and the beast one

From June 13-July 4, the submissions are all under expert review. From July 4-11 is when the crowd vote occurs for five chosen submissions before the final winner is announced September 1st.

His BATB one will likely be one of the five entries. There are several other BATB ballroom submissions as well but I think his was the most unique since it incorporated the actual dancing. There are lots of Little Mermaid lagoon and Alice tea party submissions though, which is another reason why his BATB submission is the most likely to make it out of his four entries.

The Peter Pan diorama looks lovey and would be a great precedent for an entire line of similar Disney / Pixar dioramas based on assorted movies. BUT that price is crazy! 

The new Disney Castle images have me very excited for the possibility of a Sleeping Beauty / Disneyland Castle one day. 

26 minutes ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

Ashnflash said something about knowing in the coming weeks so I think one of his entries got chosen and it’s the beauty and the beast one

I looked up the video, he said he was disappointed the Peter Pan set didn't come with a quote tile, and that we'll see why he's disappointed in the coming weeks. While he did show his entries during this quote, I don't think it necessarily means he was hinting about the contest. My suspicion is that he's hinting about another diorama set that will be revealed (like the Peter Pan set), but it'll have a quote tile (like all his submissions did) and that's why he's disappointed that the Peter Pan set didn't have one.

I’m loving the new castle .. does anyone else think the minifigures have a little too much of a cartoony look .. not classic looking. All the princess hair pieces seem a little too big Florian’s hair should have been dark brown and I plan on giving Naveen a pair of dark green legs like he actually had in the movie .. I’ve looked at the screen caps and they seem dark green to me. On the images at bricktastic there’s a room that has trans green flames and a trans green head in a fireplace .. is this meant to be the moment Maleficent lures Aurora into the fireplace and up the stairs to the spinning wheel tower ? EDIT .. I’ve just been looking at the images and noticed this seems to have the spinning wheel on the reverse it turns round somehow.

Also just realised that the Snow White in the leaked cottage picture ‘seems’ to be this one .. there are the sparkly bits all over he dress, even though the image is a little blurry 🤔

Edited by Jarreth2

7 hours ago, stroud1492 said:

I could totally see more “moments”, a beauty and the beast ballroom scene would make sense if we’re supposedly getting a belle minifigure this year.

I would totally get a Moments/Diorama set of this. Belle and Beast in the foreground, Lumiere and Cogsworth on a piano in the background, a chandelier above, and maybe throw in Mrs. Potts and Chip on the serving tray. That format could be a good way to get several other similar Disney scenes, even if we would have to pay the Disney/diorama tax to get them.

Looking at the Peter Pan lifestyle pics a bit more, I am not convinced that the holes on the side of one of the buildings is for a connector to another scenery. Wouldn't it have to be 1) on both sides; and 2) on the plate/ base itself.

4 hours ago, strangely said:

I looked up the video, he said he was disappointed the Peter Pan set didn't come with a quote tile, and that we'll see why he's disappointed in the coming weeks. While he did show his entries during this quote, I don't think it necessarily means he was hinting about the contest. My suspicion is that he's hinting about another diorama set that will be revealed (like the Peter Pan set), but it'll have a quote tile (like all his submissions did) and that's why he's disappointed that the Peter Pan set didn't have one.

Didn’t the leaked survey image of the maleficent dragon scene have a quote tile too?

55 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Looking at the Peter Pan lifestyle pics a bit more, I am not convinced that the holes on the side of one of the buildings is for a connector to another scenery. Wouldn't it have to be 1) on both sides; and 2) on the plate/ base itself.

Yeah, the holes on the side look more to do with the building structure rather than for expansion. 

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The Wendy minfigure is missing her hair bow. The only version of the hair bow that exists in the matching shade of blue is in the minidoll set. 

That is super weird. Why make a new hair mold and only include the matching accessory in one set but not the other?

5 hours ago, DisneyLego said:

Didn’t the leaked survey image of the maleficent dragon scene have a quote tile too?

You’re right .. it does have one on the leaked image .. it reads “I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream” .. which is strange considering Aurora / Briar Rose isn’t there. Then again they’re not likely to use the Maleficent quote of “Now you shall deal with me o prince and all the powers of hell” 👍🏼

The Disney Castle is now on the UK website £345 .. not as much as I was expecting .. happy days 😁

Looks like UK folks will be able to grab that micro Disney castle as well for the “make and take” event

So ‘that’s’ where the silver wand from the original teaser poster is 😍 .. watch one of the new castle videos on Lego’s website 

So it looks like that the last three sets are releasing in October (?).

43231 - 509pcs - $49.99 (Disney Princess)  - [I'm guessing this will be a mini doll set containing the rest of the princesses?]

43223 - 154pcs - $19.99 - [Given the inflated price of Disney sets these days, what could this be??? A poly bag??? LOL]

43224 - 613pcs - $99.99 - [Is this our only hope for Belle and Beast???]

No release date for the Agrabah Palace.

Disney Camera and Peter Pan sets will both release in September.

4 hours ago, hikouki said:

43231 - 509pcs - $49.99 (Disney Princess)  - [I'm guessing this will be a mini doll set containing the rest of the princesses?]

43223 - 154pcs - $19.99 - [Given the inflated price of Disney sets these days, what could this be??? A poly bag??? LOL]

Could 43223 or 43224 be Agrabah Palace or do we already have the number for that one?

Is it weird for me to be waiting to see the Lego ideas results before starting to speculate on the other sets? I feel like, for example, if Lego is planning a Beauty and the Beast ballroom set then Ashenflash's won't get picked as a finalist because it would be a duplicate of a set they already are producing. But if Ashenflash's does show up, it would prove there is no Ballroom set coming because there would be no duplication if the set gets picked.

I feel like what does/doesn't get picked as finalist will say a lot.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Could 43223 or 43224 be Agrabah Palace or do we already have the number for that one?

different number

Hey, made my own Mocs/mods to the 100 years of Disney animation icons set, here’s the post

Hope you like it!

22 hours ago, hikouki said:

Disney Camera and Peter Pan sets will both release in September.

Sigh. I was hoping that the camera would coincide with the Disney 100 GWP. So now it comes down to whether or not to get the new castle. I'm thinking not, having already got the original. Maybe Bricklink is the answer then.

Just watched the promo video for the Peter Pan set on the Lego website and the clock face is glow in the dark. That's a nice touch although terrible if you display your Lego where you sleep. :laugh:

I love the color palette on this one, it’s much much better than the previous one. Again, not a fan of the rooms following the same pattern as last year, but it is what it is. The mirrors in the ground floor look amazing.

Shaggy’s hair for Florian, or maybe Fred’s again in brown would’ve been better. That face and hair just make him look like someone used the prince’s body for their custom sigfig.

Edited by Brickity

I can't tell from the video but newelementary says the pink pieces are light nougat? It looks pretty in photos but I'm wondering if it's a little disconcerting to have a giant flesh colored tower

7 hours ago, Brickity said:

I love the color palette on this one, it’s much much better than the previous one. Again, not a fan of the rooms following the same pattern as last year, but it is what it is. The mirrors in the ground floor look amazing.

Shaggy’s hair for Florian, or maybe Fred’s again in brown would’ve been better. That face and hair just make him look like someone used the prince’s body for their custom sigfig.

I do prefer the color scheme on this one as well.

I was really hoping the rooms would be different - showing vignettes, and not just featuring objects referencing tales, just like the last castle. This just shows you that Lego/ Disney really just intended this set as a remake or a 1-for-1 replacement of the previous one.

I do hope we get the Sleeping Beauty castle one day, with actual rooms.