Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I know it sounds stupid, but please do not post the leaked images here. I know it will be unveiled later today, but that time has not yet passed, and EB does’t want an angry email from Lego. 

Please continue to discuss however. 

Thank you! 

sorry I thought it was revealed

Youch I may need to physically cut that sticker if I can’t get the “Ts” close enough. It possible we will be able to align them better than the photo, but surely they could have done better on that. 

otherwise I love it, day 1 purchase

36 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

My only question if anyone knows... What's with the white wall on the right hand side of the set? From all the videos I can see from the movies there is no wall there, it's just another alleyway. That wall is the only thing that's baffling me. In movie stills from Philosophers stone there's an alley with a skybridge further down and some images have shops tucked further back. But nothing with a wall that matches the colour and architecture of Gringotts.

Looks like they may have taken some inspiration from the Universal Parks layout. That's where the entrance/exit is.

I have a feeling they devoted so much to the vaults in case people wanted Gringott's without the large DA set. Standalone, the bank isn't much to write home about. As small as it looks (and sort of is), it needs the rest of DA to look good. Yet, if you don't want to drop close to $1000 for both and just want Gringott's, you can still have a substantial display piece with the vaults underneath.

That said, I still can't believe they devoted so much of the piece count to the vaults. I imagined one vault, minimal track, maybe one story underground max. It looks cool.

I actually like the vaults better, but would have preferred to get Diagon Alley without the vault. I assume most people would like to add it to their Diagon Alley, but if not you still need a lot of vertical space to display it. 

It's a really cool set, it's gorgeous how they've handled the underground parts, but it's a lot of money and pieces to complete the DA if you don't really care about the vaults and could have or miss the dragon.

And I don't love how it looks with the DA in the 'home enviroment' photo, the size bother me less than the akward way it cuts of the street and messes with the lines. And I don't love how pronouced the stripes in the facade looks? Might change my mind once I see a few alternate displays with the DA but honestly, I'm not sure I'll bother at that price. Especially if like the DA it'll stay exclusive to Lego so there won't be any discounts. 

The reel Lego just put up on IG is bloody amazing, thought. And does make the bank itself look more impressing. 

As I said earlier. the 'middle', or ground floor, is modular.  Smart.

And, I like it. Price isn't nuts either.

Price is perfectly good for the piece count and scale (30 in tall). The wall to the right is based on the universal setup, and the idea is that you can display Gringotts as an inverted corner (it really isn't meant to be displayed between the buildings in a straight line...)

Gringotts looks amazing! :drool:

Also FYI, the set is on LEGO.com so that means it's revealed right? :P

Woooow

I got all the 2023 summer wave today for my Birthday, and then to get a Gringotts reveal on top of that is amazing. 

This set is my favourite set ever and has to be the coolest Lego set I've ever seen. It was worth the wait. I couldn't have asked for anything else. I'm shocked to see such a mixed response to this set - the underground section is amazing.

I really like it. I think having the bank and the mine cart system in one set was always going to be tricky to pull off but they've done a good job. 

Just a short list of exciting observations for me:

-specially molded dragon head and jaw! 

-printed Bellatrix skirt!

-Magical Menagerie!!! 

-All those unique goblins!

-Post OotP masked Death Eater!

-Hermione’s beaded bag is not something I’d thought about in Lego for but I’m so excited to see it here

- I love all the tiny details like the the ‘Multiply your wealth’ add above the Menagerie and the little skull in the dragon’s pen - I can’t wait to see what other details are hidden in there

Anyone notice on Shop at Home, there are alternate Ron/Hermione builds for the two figures showing their Polyjuice wearing off?

I love how you can take the underground section off to make it compatible with the rest of Diagon Alley, but I feel like the underground section doesn't really display well on its own, so you'll just be stuck with that part looking weird on a separate display.

I do kinda wish it was released as its own thing to make it cheaper for those that just want Gringotts to go with the DA. 

That said; I'm hoping someone comes up with a raised scaffolding style build to add to the bottom of all the DA buildings so that we can have all of Gringotts attached. If these 2 sets weren't costly enough already haha.

6 minutes ago, DannyPowers said:

Anyone notice on Shop at Home, there are alternate Ron/Hermione builds for the two figures showing their Polyjuice wearing off?

Ron’s not even using polyjuice and their disguises are eliminated rather abruptly unlike previous polyjuice uses. I think you might just be seeing the wet and bedraggled faces from after they’ve been doused in the Thief’s Downfall - Harry has one too! Hermione uses a different hair piece than normal to represent the soaked state of her hair (pretty sure it’s a brown version of Thor’s). 

3 hours ago, Micmac said:

Is there no interior to the pet shop? It seems sealed on all sides.

I wondered this as well. There’s a door to the shop in the alley - facing Gringotts, but no pictures show any interior, so I’m guessing it’s empty inside?

This set is awesome!! On LEGO's site, it shows large printed galleon pieces... do we think these are life size LEGO galleons?

Super cool if those pair with all of the other life size LEGO HP stuff. Though I would've much preferred LEGO using that print budget on the Gringotts sign instead. Those wretched stickers are my only complaint

Are there any pictures of the gringotts top half next to the Diagon Alley variant that has the shops back to back?

The building itself looks ok from the outside but at the price point I expected something more than an empty building and a glorified support for the train tracks… I realise that from a price per brick standpoint if is fine, but honestly, far too much of it has gone into making an underground cart system that essentially is just a big slide…

No complaints about the minifigure selection though and bonus points for including the Magical Menagerie (although if it’s just a closed building with no inside then 👎).

From Lego's site:

"Construct a spiraling vault cart track with a mechanism that stops the cart at each of 3 underground vaults – including Bellatrix’s vault, which has a magical surprise inside!"

Do we have any idea what the "surprise" is? Or is this just a reference to the spell in the movie?

any guesses what the promo will look like? all 3 vaults are included and theres no real place to expand them as thy are all fully surrounded so curious as to what it could be 

lego.com says the release date is the 4th, I thought it was the 1st? any chance it ends up having a vip release on the 1st? kinda hard to get to the lego store on a monday and also twice in 4 days lol

8 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

From Lego's site:

"Construct a spiraling vault cart track with a mechanism that stops the cart at each of 3 underground vaults – including Bellatrix’s vault, which has a magical surprise inside!"

Do we have any idea what the "surprise" is? Or is this just a reference to the spell in the movie?

In one of the promo images (the close-up of Griphook with the sword of Gryffindor in the cart parked outside the lower most vault), you can see a goblet piece clipped to the wall so unless there's something not shown the "surprise" would be Hufflepuff's cup (singular).