Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Textorix said:

This theme was never consistent. I’m a collector too, I want to have every single unique minifigure variant and I couldn’t care less about having two Harry minifigs with the same torso but different legs colour.

Then that's fine for you. It was the same with the grey or green roof argument: some people didn't mind mixing and some hated the change. It that instance though it was at least a straight swap one year to the next, but here I just don't understand why they have such product inconsistencies in the same year.

Some thoughts of mine on the new pics of the sets:

Expecto Patronum: From the concept I knew I didn't care for this. And yeah I still don't. Looks pretty clunky, and the odd patches of transparent pieces doesn't blend.

Battle of Hogwarts: I actually quite like this build. The entrance & clock looks right from the film, and the courtyard walls are nice too. But for the price it doesn't look like enough. Hope there's the knight statues on the interior. Minifigs are alright, glad the Voldemort reflects how washed out he is by the final battle. The snatcher is alright, might've preferred McGonagal in black though.

Quidditch trunk: Like the other trunk I think it's a bit pointless. I always thought there should be another of those student expansions but for Quidditch. This is okay, at least they made them look a little different with the hoods.

Dobby: I said before I think this actually turned out pretty good. The face is cute not creepy. The pudding and book are good choices too. But I'm not that interested in getting statue builds like this.

Weasley Wizard Wheezes: Still no clue why they bothered with Eyelops, those pieces should have gone towards WWW. But I really love all the details on the interior: snack boxes, Peruvian darkness powder, Pgymy Puffs, Umbridge on a trapeze & the Puking Pastilles display that's what I love. The Diagon Alley set was stuffed with staircases. Yeah it's a lot of stickers, but it's bursting with book/film details. Minifigs okay, Romilda makes sense here, as idk where else they could put her. Just spotted the punching telescope in Fred's hand, that's a book detail, love it.

Hogsmeade Station & Express: Pretty good. I really like the station build, it looks a good size and has a very classic Lego look to it. The train is okay, but the front end looks a bit odd to me. And a nice simple minifig line up. So glad to finally see Lee Jordan, although I think he should have had the new Dreamzzz dreadlocks piece.

There's also the brickheadz on Insta. And yes they look like Brickheadz of the characters. Nothing really to comment on. Glad to see Harry at a normal scale, wasn't a fan of the smaller one with Hagrid.

One last note, I remember when HP was first mentioned as coming back, I had hoped there would be a new wand piece (which of course there was) and that you could attach spells to the ends, which it seems like they're now doing Huzzah! 

56 minutes ago, Xcube said:

But I still have to say that it's weird that this year we don't get any small set like the 76400 Thestral Carriage or 76386 Polyjuice.

Yeah that is a shame, I think Lego should still strive to make cheaper sets.

I think they should've scrapped the Patronus set and made a small classroom build of Lupin teaching Harry the spell with a boggart/dementor. Then you could have some of the spine candles and floating orbs as background details.

Or maybe a slightly bigger set of Lupin's classroom with a few boggart builds: the wardrobe it's in, a Scary clown, giant cobra, and the moon turned balloon. Then have the figs be: Lupin, Pavarti, Harry, 'Dementor'.

Either of those I'd be much more likely to buy over a chunky blue statue.

18 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Weasley Wizard Wheezes:Minifigs okay, Romilda makes sense here, as idk where else they could put her.

So glad to finally see Lee Jordan, although I think he should have had the new Dreamzzz dreadlocks piece.

I don't think Romilda is in that scene (or ever wearing that outfit), but could have appeared at Hogwarts or on the Hogwarts Express for HBP, DHI ans DHII sets. 

Yes, that hairpiece would have been perfect. I really hope it gets a recolour to black so the figure can be updated. 

I love WWW, looks amazing, so happy 

Quidditch Trunk is alright, was kinda hoping for a big brick built bludger and snitch

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I care because it shows a lack of consistency and makes the waves look messy. That doesn't inspire me as a collector and I know of others who find it the same. That in turn hurts the theme.

True, but it's better to get more accurate legs in another set than the same completely inaccurate ones.

Not to mention that is actually the most inconsistent LEGO theme ever, since day one. 

For example, the first CMF series included mid-legs for Year 3–4 characters, while the Hogwarts Express that released the same included short legs for characters on the very same year.

The leg choices for the Harry Potter sets are the single most inconsistent thing LEGO has ever produced.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

For example, the first CMF series included mid-legs for Year 3–4 characters, while the Hogwarts Express that released the same included short legs for characters on the very same year.

I stopped documenting it a couple years ago, but there are SO MANY other leg inconsistencies than just those, and just as many (if not more) inconsistencies with wand color, the latter of which we still see very regularly.

6 hours ago, Micmac said:

The Patronus is ugly and not trans, it's a dirty blue. A trans version with a light feature would have been cool.

In fairness, I highly doubt Rowling would've approved of a trans version :P

11 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Ijust as many (if not more) inconsistencies with wand color,

We are all short of wand pieces after all 😝

Some thoughts from me:

Battle of Hogwarts - figs are the important part of this overdue set and all look good (except Bellatrix faceprint, unfathomable why no CMF faceprints reused for Hermione/Ginny/Bellatrix but Neville gets a new faceprint here).  Shame no McGonagall as per the leak.  Entrance and courtyard builds look good but lacking play value for its size.  Nice to get the spell pieces.

Patronus - not my thing but sure some will like this.  Really don't appreciate lego including exclusive figs with arm printing etc in sets which aren't minifig scale, this just feels exploitative of those who collect minifig scale sets.

Dobby - I increasingly think this is excellent.  Simple and pretty cheap, without the cursed factor of most buildable figures.

Hogwarts express - not great for those who have been collecting for a while but I expect this will be very popular.  The front of the engine is much improved in my opinion and the Lee Jordan figure is a nice inclusion although I agree that the dreamzzz dreadlocks piece would have been ideal.

Quidditch trunk - not personally convinced by the hood pieces and agree that the change in leg colour is unnecessary.

WWW - similar to Hogwarts express this is a great set for those who don't have Diagon Alley.  I still don't like the owl post inclusion - it's not in the books or movies and the building and included figure feel like a costly addition.  Satisfying diversity quotas should cause increased costs to consumers and in my experience does more harm than good in illustrating the advantages/importance of diversity.

Couple of other things I spotted on the Hogwarts express - Harry seems to have a galleon, hopefully printed and something we'll get loads of in Gringotts!  Hagrid also might have the photobook that he gave to Harry which is really cool.

Edited by Yope

Looks as though there's a fireplace and a desk there? In the film Molly and Bellatrix fought on top of the tables so maybe there's some sort of play feature there. 

3 hours ago, Axxe90 said:

I guess you can just remove the walls on each side of the entrance building and clip them together to form a bridge...

That makes more sense. I was wondering what those sections were as they were too flat to be the corridors that surround the courtyard. That definitely helps improve my opinion of the set.

9 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

What do we think the side rooms are in the BoH set, btw?

Seems to be a fireplace on the left. So I'm guessing it's supposed to represent the interior of the great hall.

Edited by strangely

I'm sorry, but this wave is awful. I don't know if I'm even going to buy any straight away.

Expecto Patronum: The stag should be translucent and does not look good in that colour, and what the heck is with the alternative build being Lupin's patronus!? I'm a hardcore fan of the books and I didn't even know that was his patronus off the top of my head. It is also far too large and I'm not sure what those flowers on the base are meant to be? This set should have been a smaller stag alongside the doe with an "Always" plaque. 

The Battle of Hogwarts: Wow, this is the last time I listen to leaks and rumours. The most exciting part of the set for me (and I'm guessing @BrickBob Studpants) has been removed. The exterior of the castle looks nice and detailed but the courtyard walls just seem off. Being honest, this set is about the figures and they are a let down. The snatcher looks good but why is he here? He should have been saved for a tent set to be the main villain. The new Voldemort and Neville are completely unnecessary. How dare they continue to reuse those awful faces for Bellatrix and Molly (and hair for the latter)!? The arms look nice on Bellatrix, but what's the point without skirt printing? I really hope she gets a printed skirt in Gringotts. I really don't care about getting Molly in that outfit because the costume design in the final film was pretty awful and drab IMO.The wand battle parts look nice, and I can't help but think this should have been a tiny set with just that scene in. The Battle of Hogwarts really needs multiple sets. Where is Seamus? McGonagall and her statues? Narcissa? RON!? IMO they should have put Ron in the RoR. They could have done battle packs for the BoH and people would have loved them.

Quidditch Trunk: When I first saw it, I thought it looked nice but the more I look at it the more I don't like it. The minifigs are nice so I wish they'd done a battle pack with them in or something. 

Dobby the House-Elf: He's a cutie and he's going on my desk.

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes: As others have said, the details for the interior are great since the DA version seemed quite bare-bones and unexciting. The little post office looks nice from the outside but the inside is pitiful. I do not understand why they can't make a proper Lavender? This figure is a downgrade from the previous one, too, but her hair looks even more inaccurate. This is why we need a third CMF series. The Pygmy Puff is OK but it should have been a new mould. Again, this is why we need a third CMF. Also, why is Ginny reusing that awful face again? It's nice to get Romilda. 

Hogwarts Express: This is a beautiful set and looks the best of the wave, but I paid nearly £500 for a Hogwarts Express at Christmas, Lego. This is too soon. The first movie is my favourite movie in the world so it just makes me happy to see sets based on it, so maybe I'm biased. 

There seems to be so few new moulds this wave. Gringotts better blow me away.

Edited by NostalgicBricks

I love the Hogwarts Express. 

By far the best and most affordable version. 

Dobby is perfect for the price imo.

WWW is a nice set for someone like me who loves HP but would never commit to a large DA set. 

The rest are pretty weak, especially the Battle of Hogwarts.

1 ora fa, Retro Brick Reviews ha detto:

In tutta onestà, dubito fortemente che la Rowling avrebbe approvato una versione trans :P

:-D

So far only WWW and the Brickheadz are up on Lego Shop @ Home UK site. Interestingly, the Brickheadz are using the new 2022 broom pieces.

That new ponytail from the Dreams line would be perfect recoloured for a Quidditch World Cup Hermione.

Edited by NostalgicBricks

Expecto Patronum: One of the worst HP sets ever. The build sucks. Using transparent pieces only in certain spots was a ridiculous decision, they make the build twice as awful. The base also doesn't look good. Harry with arm printing looks great tho.

The Battle of Hogwarts: The build is pretty bad. One of the worst Hogwarts expansions they've ever made. It has no depth or substance whatsoever, just an empty facade. The minifigures are good, glad they fixed Harry's legs. This set has an even bigger problem tho — it feels empty. The Room of Requirement feels much more packed, and only one of them is based on the biggest battle in this universe.

Quidditch Trunk: Better than I expected, but still kinda... weak. At least the Quidditch robes have hoods now, that's a big improvement. 

Dobby the House-Elf: Never would've expected it, but it's one of the better sets. Still, not a huge fan. They should've done a better job with those ears.

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes: Probably the best set out of this bunch, but it's still just good. That's really all I have to say about the main build. The owlery is a cool addition, but it feels kinda pathetic with a single owl. The minifigures are pretty good tho.

Hogwarts Express: The build is good, but the minifigure selection is awfully bland. Nothing more to say.

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Battle of Hogwarts: The build is pretty bad. One of the worst Hogwarts expansions they've ever made. It has no depth or substance whatsoever, just an empty facade. The minifigures are good, glad they fixed Harry's legs. This set has an even bigger problem tho — it feels empty. The Room of Requirement feels much more packed, and only one of them is based on the biggest battle in this universe.

We all thought that WWW looked like a facade with no detailed interior from exterior shots, and turns out it isn’t, though. So I’m not sure it’s wise to assume it’s a facade till we get interior shots to judge that.

I do think it looks a bit empty outside. I would have liked some rubble or broken walls or a side build of some sort. (The perfectly stable walls is a stark contrast to the background of the box, in fact! Another disadvantage of the modular system I suppose.)

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I care because it shows a lack of consistency and makes the waves look messy. That doesn't inspire me as a collector and I know of others who find it the same. That in turn hurts the theme.

At least they made it more accurate.

i think that it’s intentional though, judging by Voldemort’s lighter robes. I reckon the idea is that his and Harry’s clothes are ‘dusty’

Think it's a different driver in the Hogwarts Express compared to the D2C.  There's at least 6 studs of unknown depth in the battle of hogwarts set I think so there's surely going to be something there.

Amusing that Voldemort is using his white wand and not the colour uses for Dumbledore's wand (i.e. the Elder Wand), dark tan.

Watch the team start to say "our LEGO wand is iconic, we don't want to make specific ones)" just like Star Wars does about the lightsaber hilt. There are so many things that would've made BoH more exciting.

43 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

We all thought that WWW looked like a facade with no detailed interior from exterior shots, and turns out it isn’t, though. So I’m not sure it’s wise to assume it’s a facade till we get interior shots to judge that.

I do think it looks a bit empty outside. I would have liked some rubble or broken walls or a side build of some sort. (The perfectly stable walls is a stark contrast to the background of the box, in fact! Another disadvantage of the modular system I suppose.)

Who thought that? It obviously would've had some kind of interior. 

Hogwarts will only have a tiny interior behind the doors and the clockwork. 

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Who thought that? It obviously would've had some kind of interior. 

Hogwarts will only have a tiny interior behind the doors and the clockwork. 

3 piece toilet to go with the RoR's sink room

The round tile in Harry's hand in the train is a chocolate frog card - not sure what I think about this. The anniversary ones were over large but more detailed. The other boy officially is Lee Jordan - that hair does NOT suit him, but he was one of my most wanted figures.

46 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Amusing that Voldemort is using his white wand and not the colour uses for Dumbledore's wand (i.e. the Elder Wand), dark tan.

Watch the team start to say "our LEGO wand is iconic, we don't want to make specific ones)" just like Star Wars does about the lightsaber hilt. There are so many things that would've made BoH more exciting.

Funny considering that they’ve given Harry a black want to show its Draco’s.

Do we have any idea why they’ve abandoned those new broom pieces that were introduced last year? They’re in the Brickheadz sets but not the quidditch set or the room or requirement set this year…